Amp sim for alternative rock... S-Gear or Amplitube ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:07 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:55 pm Thats what I am interested in figuring out. How does exactly TH-U's Mesa Boogie based Bogie MKV differ from the way IKM make their Mesa Boogie collection?
I assume you mean this one:
https://overloud.com/products/choptones-bogie-mkv

vs the Bogner XTC modeled a la TH-3.

As far as I understand it, the amp, cabinet, speakers, mics etc are 'profiled' similar to what the kempler does.

rsp

Is that real amp playing a different take to what the plugin does after it?cause if not the plugin has completely washed over/ignored some of the more picky attacks and dynamic passages :?
I

I think all are the plugin. The real things audio is no where on the video afaik.
rsp
sound sculptist

The free Auditory sim is going to give you a lot of what you are looking for - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=538191

zvenx wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:39 pm I think all are the plugin. The real things audio is no where on the video afaik.
rsp
Huh..there's a comparison from 39 seconds.one is definitely a real amp,i was just wondering if the take that was done with the plugin after it was a different take because its practically ignoring most of the dynamics.
I

TIMT wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:41 am
zvenx wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:39 pm I think all are the plugin. The real things audio is no where on the video afaik.
rsp
Huh..there's a comparison from 39 seconds.one is definitely a real amp,i was just wondering if the take that was done with the plugin after it was a different take because its practically ignoring most of the dynamics.

Since you quoted me I assume it was a video in my link.
Are we talking about this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EZ4mR ... e=emb_logo
rsp
sound sculptist

Recourt wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:08 am The Kuassa Marshall is great and the free Cypress from Black Rooster is one of my favorite amp sims ever for dirty grit.
I tried to work with that Black Rooster sim. No go. What am I missing. There is no stnad along and it won't load as a VST. What sort of file extension do they make? Do you need some other application to run this?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Def A4, Kuassa or Bias before any others w 3rd party IRs and ext fx

telecode wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:58 pm
Recourt wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:08 am The Kuassa Marshall is great and the free Cypress from Black Rooster is one of my favorite amp sims ever for dirty grit.
I tried to work with that Black Rooster sim. No go. What am I missing. There is no stnad along and it won't load as a VST. What sort of file extension do they make? Do you need some other application to run this?
I have it. It's a common vst (no standalone), load it on a track and done. It actually sounds really good. Make sure you have the dll in the correct folder and that your DAW recognizes it. Along with some Ignite amps, they're among the best sounding amp sims (compared even with non-free ones).
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm I have Amplitube 4 but have never used it in an actual project. I use to use SGear very often..... until TH-U and the whole Rig Player thing. For me game over, I have used nothing else since, bought quite a few Rig Player packs. To me this is a whole new level of realism.
You should at least try it.
rsp
I have bought into this hype last Black Friday and purchased TH-U and some rig model packs.
I'd say I am not THAT impressed (but I also never was particularly impressed with S-Gear either). While it's definitely better than most other amp sims, I still prefer Mercuriall Reaxis for high gain (but TH-U rig player libs have more enjoyable hard rock crunch sounds). One thing that's off-putting is that stock cabinet IRs are really bad, so at first I was even mad that I bought this pile of crap. But using 3rd party IRs definitely demonstrated rig player potential much better.
telecode wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:55 pm Thats what I am interested in figuring out. How does exactly TH-U's Mesa Boogie based Bogie MKV differ from the way IKM make their Mesa Boogie collection?
I have TH-U American Classics and Choptones Bogie MKV, and I would definitely prefer Mercuriall Reaxis over those. And I would not consider Amplitube Boogie Collection at all as a contender for those.

deleted (sorry, made duplicate post by mistake)

i find it funny how any thread about amp sims quickly turns into everyone just pimping out their favorite one while optionally trashing the rest. hint: there's a reason why others like what they like. they have different tastes than you. in the end, it really boils down to "try them all, see what you like". there's no point in saying this or that amp sim is "the best".
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

escalona wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 am
telecode wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:58 pm
I have it. It's a common vst (no standalone), load it on a track and done. It actually sounds really good. Make sure you have the dll in the correct folder and that your DAW recognizes it. Along with some Ignite amps, they're among the best sounding amp sims (compared even with non-free ones).
i am on mac. i will check it again.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Burillo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:14 pm i find it funny how any thread about amp sims quickly turns into everyone just pimping out their favorite one while optionally trashing the rest. hint: there's a reason why others like what they like. they have different tastes than you. in the end, it really boils down to "try them all, see what you like". there's no point in saying this or that amp sim is "the best".
:tu:

Yeah i should lock it seriously.

Return to “Effects”