Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, I wasn‘t aware of the white number which can be changed. I can extend the range, but how could I then switch off the existing pitch bend, which is added to the tuning I modulate with my wheel? I can‘t get a linear pitch bend over that range... But maybe the tuning knob isn‘t linear...
Anyway, its better than the too small range of 2...

1eqinfinity wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm
Mundano wrote:Crust doesn't save customs presets! could it will be add? i have designed tons of presets, but all are gone... same thing for Ribs..
What OS and DAW are you using?
macOS 10.13 & Reaper 5.7

this gave me some FS1R vibes. it would be amazing if the formant filters had MSEGs or a multichannel wavetable for complex formant articulations. I suppose that's possible in the DAW but what if the formant filters had their own preset browsers for different oneshot and loop automation clips? I mean while I'm dreaming... :)

overhishead wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm this gave me some FS1R vibes. it would be amazing if the formant filters had MSEGs or a multichannel wavetable for complex formant articulations. I suppose that's possible in the DAW but what if the formant filters had their own preset browsers for different oneshot and loop automation clips? I mean while I'm dreaming... :)
Yes please :) not that im familiar with FS1R
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 pm Heavy Ribs user here who found out about Crust just a couple of days ago. Pretty nifty synth. Beside a patch manager I would like to see a possibility to link osc 1 / synth part 1 with osc 2 / synth part 2 would improve programming of Crust a lot. Maybe via a modifier? E.g. when one is moving a knob while holding down "alt" the corresponding knob is linked to. Anyway great stuff... Ribs and Crust next month a donation is for sure. Thanks
Interesting idea, thanks! I've never seen it in synths before (maybe just never noticed that). So like all filters cutoffs should move in sync, then all noise levels, tune knobs, etc, right?

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotta say, this is one of the coolest sounding synths out there. Crust is a perfect name for it too it can sound crusty! That's a new descriptor for sound I haven't heard before. ;)

I must be honest and say I do not love these grey metallic GUIs, I find the controls sort of hard to see. Something flat and plain like ValhallaDSP stuff would be cool. Maybe a simple box around different sections to differentiate them. That would go a long way. But hey it's free, I'll take what I am given!

This synth is just begging for a HQ patch manager. Please do it, dev! :pray:

Yay, life in the Crust thread! Since I'm working on something in Flowstone that has linkable knobs and am just a hobbyist, it can't be that difficult- and can be a very useful feature... try playing around with using a ratio-based link. I just use a tiny LED/label for the link/unlink switch.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:43 am
1eqinfinity wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:08 pm
resistent wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 pm Heavy Ribs user here who found out about Crust just a couple of days ago. Pretty nifty synth. Beside a patch manager I would like to see a possibility to link osc 1 / synth part 1 with osc 2 / synth part 2 would improve programming of Crust a lot. Maybe via a modifier? E.g. when one is moving a knob while holding down "alt" the corresponding knob is linked to. Anyway great stuff... Ribs and Crust next month a donation is for sure. Thanks
Interesting idea, thanks! I've never seen it in synths before (maybe just never noticed that). So like all filters cutoffs should move in sync, then all noise levels, tune knobs, etc, right?
Exactly. When I program a patch I would say that 75% of the "layers" have the same settings (like amp envelopes, levels) so the ability to link knobs would be a big time saver.
+1

A great synth.

Regards,
tl.

such a strong synth, I wish it could be controlled with aftertouch and mpe etc. I could hack it in Bitwig with multiply copies of the plugin, but there's no way to set the pitchbend range, so pitch slides won't work.

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:43 pm such a strong synth, I wish it could be controlled with aftertouch and mpe etc. I could hack it in Bitwig with multiply copies of the plugin, but there's no way to set the pitchbend range, so pitch slides won't work.
Try this, my goto Brass patch, though slides are limited to two semitones, but pressure and timbre are fine... (requires Bitwig 3.2)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fedor_Tkachev wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:43 pm such a strong synth, I wish it could be controlled with aftertouch and mpe etc. I could hack it in Bitwig with multiply copies of the plugin, but there's no way to set the pitchbend range, so pitch slides won't work.
You can tell Bitwig the pitch bend range of the plugin in the Bitwig device properties where you turn on MPE.

Return to “Instruments”