Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

rollasoc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:54 amImminent, according to the Per Salbark this morning..... (on Discord)
:tu: :hyper:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:03 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:11 amSo confused by the addition of toolbox free in this. It's essentially just PhasePlant then.
Well, PP plus the 6 free snap-ins, which is plenty to be getting on with. I've got a few paid for Snap-ins - Faturator, Trance gate and a couple of others - but the synth is pretty self-contained and you can always add effects outside the synth anyway.
That's the one. Sorry, not been on the KVR forums for a few days and missed this whole convo... that's the answer though. The Toolbox FREE bundle is a thing by itself, and they all work in Phase Plant. This way no one misses out on the freebies!

antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:13 pm
rollasoc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:54 amImminent, according to the Per Salbark this morning..... (on Discord)
:tu: :hyper:
I'd say "imminent" is a good choice of words. :wink:

I have revisited Phase Plant and it's pretty amazing. It is surprisingly versatile and "pro" sounding. I plan to buy it. However, I think that the effects are a huge part of it's value. I own all the effects already because I bought a bundle at a good price that was offered over a year ago. My cost for PP itself is still high but if feels more justifiable than if I had to buy the effects too - that would be pricey and likely not justifiable by me. It really is a super synth!

plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:01 am I have revisited Phase Plant and it's pretty amazing. It is surprisingly versatile and "pro" sounding. I plan to buy it. However, I think that the effects are a huge part of it's value. I own all the effects already because I bought a bundle at a good price that was offered over a year ago. My cost for PP itself is still high but if feels more justifiable than if I had to buy the effects too - that would be pricey and likely not justifiable by me. It really is a super synth!
Phase Plant is $99 at the moment, which though not cheap, is not what I would consider pricey.

There is also the $9.99 subscription option, where you get $100 back each year to purchase permanent products. So you could get Phase plant and something else at the end of year 2?

antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 am @Stu, any news about the update discussed in the stream where PP can host SnapHeap & MultiPass within the FX busses?
It is now LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://kilohearts.com/faq

1.8.0 Changelog (stolen from Discord)
*General*
- Snap Heap and Multipass can now themselves be added as snapins, making it possible to do very complex nested FX structures.
- Totally reworked preset browsing:
- Preset favorites.
- Multiple user preset folders.
- Preset search.
- Proper preset browsing in snapins.
- Better Save dialog.
- Made it possible to select a default preset.
- New and improved top bar in all plugins.
- Improved preset loading speed.
- Curated and sorted factory presets for Snap Heap and Multipass.
- Fix for keyboard input not being forwarded to the DAW when a sub window had focus.
- Fixed automation not being smooth when large buffer sizes are used.
- Fixed a problem that made it impossible to enter a parameter value via keyboard in the popup while the parameter was modulated.

*Phase Plant*
- Over 80 new factory presets! Search for \"#new\" in the preset browser to find them all.
- Sample and Wavetable browsing now uses the new content browser.
- LFO shapes can now be saved/loaded, also using the new content browser.
- Filter and Distortion generator FX now have better visualization.
- Filter generator FX now has slope control.
- Distortion generator FX has a new distortion mode: Quantize.
- Added visualization to filter and distortion generator FX modules.
- Improved grid control in LFO editor.
- Improved LFO editor tools. The new \"Stepped draw tool\" makes it easier to use the LFO as a step sequencer.
- Changed legato behavior. Adjacent notes are now considered to be separate rather than being played legato.
- Adjusted the layout of the add modulator popup to be consistent with the same popup for generators and snapins.
- Fixed a crash when adding audio rate modulations to a Sampler while playing a note.
- Fixed samples sometimes not playing after loading a preset.
- Fix for root and loop settings not updating as they should when loading samples.
- Fix for old sample playing at the wrong pitch for a split second when browsing samples.

*Filter*
- Added slope control.

*Distortion*
- New distortion mode: Quantize.

*Carve EQ*
- New visual style with better controls in Snapin mode.

*Slice EQ*
- New visual style with better controls in Snapin mode.
- Global frequency offset, making it easier to modulate the whole EQ curve like a filter.

*macOS*
- Fixed jittery knob drag behavior with high DPI gaming mouses.
- Fixed graphical glitches.
- Improved UI performance.
- Fixed plugins failing AUVal on older macOS versions.

*Windows*
- Fixed a problem with drag and drop on high DPI screens.
- Fixed a problem where the window got focused after a popup window was removed.

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 am It is now LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That got out quickly!

In addition:

To ensure that everyone has an opportunity to try out the latest updates, Kilohearts has also announced a 'trial amnesty' and has reset all expired trial periods.

Which is pretty decent of them I think. :clap:

Multipass and Snap Heap as snapins is a gamechanger. You can literally build any multiband or parallel effect you want now and just plonk it in Phase Plant to be modulated as desired. So many exciting new things in this update. :D :wheee:

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 am It is now LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hyper: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:01 am I have revisited Phase Plant and it's pretty amazing. It is surprisingly versatile and "pro" sounding. I plan to buy it. However, I think that the effects are a huge part of it's value. I own all the effects already because I bought a bundle at a good price that was offered over a year ago. My cost for PP itself is still high but if feels more justifiable than if I had to buy the effects too - that would be pricey and likely not justifiable by me. It really is a super synth!
Phase Plant is $99 at the moment, which though not cheap, is not what I would consider pricey.

There is also the $9.99 subscription option, where you get $100 back each year to purchase permanent products. So you could get Phase plant and something else at the end of year 2?
How does the subscription work if you already own phase plant? Just curious if I should buy Phrase Plant for the $99 and do the subscription for the rest of just do the subscription without the purchase?

tdm71 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:01 pm How does the subscription work if you already own phase plant? Just curious if I should buy Phrase Plant for the $99 and do the subscription for the rest of just do the subscription without the purchase?
I owned several of the snapins. They are still in my account. If something comes up on sale I may purchase it. I went with the subscription, because I wanted Phase Plant, but didn't have the cash at hand. This is like a rent to buy. I'll just purchase it, when I have enough subscription credits to pay for it.

Further details here about the subscription.
https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_subscription

Looks a great update - will retry tonight - didn't click.with me first time but I'll have another go

Ref subscription seems great with the voucher after a year but how often on sale in their own shop ? Ie is it just better to buy when discounted at pluginboutique etc

Maybe I was looking wrong but it's under 85 on PB but how much on their own website ?

Guys, any snapin and PP crashes Ableton 10.1.7. There is no chance to try this update. Please fix it.

Dombaeb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:20 pm Guys, any snapin and PP crashes Ableton 10.1.7. There is no chance to try this update. Please fix it.
Hi there! Sorry about this. Have you also emailed support@kilohearts.com? I've let them know too but emailing support directly is best as you will get a ticket raised.

Meanwhile, you should be able to revert to a previous version using the installer if you need to keep using Phase Plant.

Hopefully this can be sorted out quickly for you.

StuSmith wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:40 pm
Dombaeb wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:20 pm Guys, any snapin and PP crashes Ableton 10.1.7. There is no chance to try this update. Please fix it.
Hi there! Sorry about this. Have you also emailed support@kilohearts.com? I've let them know too but emailing support directly is best as you will get a ticket raised.

Meanwhile, you should be able to revert to a previous version using the installer if you need to keep using Phase Plant.

Hopefully this can be sorted out quickly for you.
Already emailed, thanks for cooperation )) KHs are very good in coding, it's totally unexpected case for me so I really confused )

Return to “Instruments”