What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:42 am Yes "Live" is different than a recording especially from acoustic instruments, but I still enjoy listening to concerts/orchestral music from my CDs or from the radio!
yeah, me too.
doesnt mean bones is wrong though, its his opinion. thats all hes saying :shrug:

Yeah I've also attended a concert where they had a double string orchestra in a not massive room and my ears were ringing more after that than after seeing Motorhead. I think the dynamics from pin drop sound to cacophony work differently live than on record or at least the way you perceive them.

Oh and the synth I use most is u-he Repro 1/5 and usually both together.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 am
EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:42 am Yes "Live" is different than a recording especially from acoustic instruments, but I still enjoy listening to concerts/orchestral music from my CDs or from the radio!
yeah, me too.
doesnt mean bones is wrong though, its his opinion. thats all hes saying :shrug:
I'm also not wrong! I'm just saying my opinion!
We can continue till infinity if you wish :hihi:

bugger forgot a synth :oops:

the modular :D

EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 am
yeah, me too.
not sure how to after i already agreed with you :lol:
i love me some symphonies braw!

https://youtu.be/g5fg8-VWNo0

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:47 am Yeah I've also attended a concert where they had a double string orchestra in a not massive room and my ears were ringing more after that than after seeing Motorhead. I think the dynamics from pin drop sound to cacophony work differently live than on record or at least the way you perceive them.

Oh and the synth I use most is u-he Repro 1/5 and usually both together.
i think the dynamics are there, but the amplitude is not available to most of us.(if any at home :lol: )
if you had a sound system loud enough, i do think the cd recording could retain the dynamics?

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 am
EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 am
yeah, me too.
not sure how to after i already agreed with you :lol:
i love me some symphonies braw!

https://youtu.be/g5fg8-VWNo0

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
I have also agreed with you, but still I can repeat myself over and over and .... But anyway, you already spoiled our child play :(

btw, I'm enjoying listening to the music you post with my headphones from my phone :D

Here we go...since there was a bit of a dustup over real bass vs synth. How about both! Spot the Juno-60s. And make sure to wait for Corey Henry to start up at 4:18 in with Larnell Lewis on drums. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XJ_s5IsQc

^ talk about talent! :love:

Synthmaster One

EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am ^ talk about talent! :love:
Corey Henry is a god. Have watched that video so many times. Notice that nobody is reading from sheet music? ;)

And nobody is complaining from King Korg sound or physical keys either :lol:

rezoneight wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:57 am
EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am ^ talk about talent! :love:
Corey Henry is a god. Have watched that video so many times. Notice that nobody is reading from sheet music? ;)
And everybody is wearing headphones :phones:

Listening in stereo :wink:

There was a lot of energy in that room and it would have been funking loud !

:clap:
No auto tune...

Roughly in order of most used:

Diva
Operator
Boomstar 5089 (hardware)
Spire
Serum

It always varies, but right now, I am back using Sylenth loads.

I had the synth when it first arrived on the scene, then sold it, now I have it again and it's been the best move i've made as it's one of those synths that "just work"

But also, Electra2 is another I use loads.

Over the black friday / xmas period I was grabbing cheap synths that popped up on offer, so now I have more than i've ever had, and where as i'd spend ages in a project making a sound from scratch, I just check the presets more now, and it's been something I should have adopted a lot sooner.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”