Behringer 2600

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like the design - not so much lost empty panel as original and color scheme much nicer.
But I know zilch about 2600, really.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweet! 2600 from the IKEA of audio.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:48 am the IKEA of audio.
:hihi:

I wish Behringer's quality was more consistent than it is. While Korg's 2600 will be more expensive than the Behringer clone, I know the quality will be a lot better if history is any indication. I was burned by the Deepmind and with Korg, I've never had any issues.

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 am I wish Behringer's quality was more consistent than it is. While Korg's 2600 will be more expensive than the Behringer clone, I know the quality will be a lot better if history is any indication. I was burned by the Deepmind and with Korg, I've never had any issues.
Burned how?

Also, unless Korg are making a ¾ size version, the Korg 2600 has been sold. As many as ever will be sold. At nearly $4000 a piece. Behringer might be the only chance the rest of us get.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Part one was interesting too...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I think it looks pretty good, but I can’t imagine having any need of a 2600 in my already extensive clutter.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 am I wish Behringer's quality was more consistent than it is. While Korg's 2600 will be more expensive than the Behringer clone, I know the quality will be a lot better if history is any indication. I was burned by the Deepmind and with Korg, I've never had any issues.
Burned how?

Also, unless Korg are making a ¾ size version, the Korg 2600 has been sold. As many as ever will be sold. At nearly $4000 a piece. Behringer might be the only chance the rest of us get.
Fair point, re: "only chance the rest of us get". I certainly can't afford the Korg 2600's pricetag right now, but I'll be saving up my money and hopefully one day I can buy the 2600.

The Deepmind-12 I purchased had error messages right out of the box and the cooling fan was insanely loud. On top of that, the raw sound of the Deepmind-12 was very thin to my ears. I ended up returning mine and went with a Korg Minilogue instead - which was a great purchase.

With all the enticing clones that Behringer has been coming out with lately, admittedly I've been struck with a case of GAS. But so far I've refrained from giving in due to my initial negative experience with Behringer. I understand that every company can put out a product that has problems in certain units, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Behringer, but my initial experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am I understand that every company can put out a product that has problems in certain units, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Behringer, but my initial experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
I have a Behringer Odyssey and the build is very solid. Better than my Monologue (the Monologue is very nice, but the Odyssey is a full metal casing; I believe the build of the original Odyssey wasn't that sturdy so don't regard Behringer as Aldi/Walmart).

I guess that you should evaluate each synth on their own merits. The build of the Korg MS-20 mini isn't all that good, so each brand has good ones and others that are somewhat less.

As for the sound: that's a matter of taste; there are plenty of opportunities to check the sound before you buy (sound demo's, reviews, go to the shop before buying).

lfm wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:37 pm Like the design - not so much lost empty panel as original and color scheme much nicer.
But I know zilch about 2600, really.
It looks and sounds very nice, judging from that video.
The omission of a keyboard, and the cases (including a flight case) will also be a good thing towards the price. Korgs is 4000 bucks. Could Behringer do it for a 1000?

Stefken wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am I understand that every company can put out a product that has problems in certain units, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Behringer, but my initial experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
I have a Behringer Odyssey and the build is very solid. Better than my Monologue (the Monologue is very nice, but the Odyssey is a full metal casing; I believe the build of the original Odyssey wasn't that sturdy so don't regard Behringer as Aldi/Walmart).

I guess that you should evaluate each synth on their own merits. The build of the Korg MS-20 mini isn't all that good, so each brand has good ones and others that are somewhat less.

As for the sound: that's a matter of taste; there are plenty of opportunities to check the sound before you buy (sound demo's, reviews, go to the shop before buying).
Great comment and you're right. I'll give Behringer another shot in the future.

... and again: the Korg unit has been sold out. That’s it. The end.

... Unless they offer a price/size-reduced version next.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:42 am
Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:45 am
Burned how?

Fair point, re: "only chance the rest of us get". I certainly can't afford the Korg 2600's pricetag right now, but I'll be saving up my money and hopefully one day I can buy the 2600.

The Deepmind-12 I purchased had error messages right out of the box and the cooling fan was insanely loud. On top of that, the raw sound of the Deepmind-12 was very thin to my ears. I ended up returning mine and went with a Korg Minilogue instead - which was a great purchase.

With all the enticing clones that Behringer has been coming out with lately, admittedly I've been struck with a case of GAS. But so far I've refrained from giving in due to my initial negative experience with Behringer. I understand that every company can put out a product that has problems in certain units, so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Behringer, but my initial experience has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
My DeepMind12 has been flawless since it came out of the box. On the other hand, my Korg Minilogue soon developed a defective pot, and it took me over a year of phone calls to support just to finally track down a local authorized service center who still serviced synths and persuade them to order a backordered replacement pot on my behalf so I could ultimately repair the damn thing myself.

I think I’m going to hold out for the Korg ARP 2500 FS. ;)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”