Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:15 pm @getdunne could you please have a look into the macro parameter link for the noisebox morph. It's bugged on my system.
The morph parameter isn't used in the present version of NoizBox. It's part of planned future functionality.

David wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:41 am
focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm
David wrote:I'm still having trouble running a lot of MIDI FX that I normally use in Logic as AU MIDI FX, or run inside BlueCat Patchwork's AU MIDI FX as vsts, eg., Kontakt. In a recent livestream I asked about maybe trying the vst versions instead and was encouraged to give that a try. So, how exactly would I do that (load a vst not currently scanned in and identified as a MIDI FX into a MIDI Layer)? TIA!

Bottom right corner to the left of the plugin menu there's a hamburger menu with 3 dots. Then use the drop down menu (Top left) - ALL My MIDI Effects.xml
Found it, thank you! (After updating to the current version—helped:) )

And loading MIDI FX vsts instead of AUs works sometimes:

I was able to get CreamCM, EZKeys, SugarBytes Thesys and Guitarist, Melda synth arps, Captain Chords (running into BlueArp) and Reaktor 5 sequencers all to work.

But Numerology and Kontakt still crash Logic when trying to load, and Reaktor 6, HY Seq Collection2, and neither Nora nor NoraCM work at all after loading.
As I've said before, plug-in compatibility is a long, slow fight. Every plug-in is different, and there are many possible causes for these problems. I'm sorry that some of your favorites aren't working yet. We'll be working out these issues one at a time, and we thank you for your patience!

getdunne wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 am
David wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:41 am
focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm
David wrote:I'm still having trouble running a lot of MIDI FX that I normally use in Logic as AU MIDI FX, or run inside BlueCat Patchwork's AU MIDI FX as vsts, eg., Kontakt. In a recent livestream I asked about maybe trying the vst versions instead and was encouraged to give that a try. So, how exactly would I do that (load a vst not currently scanned in and identified as a MIDI FX into a MIDI Layer)? TIA!

Bottom right corner to the left of the plugin menu there's a hamburger menu with 3 dots. Then use the drop down menu (Top left) - ALL My MIDI Effects.xml
Found it, thank you! (After updating to the current version—helped:) )

And loading MIDI FX vsts instead of AUs works sometimes:

I was able to get CreamCM, EZKeys, SugarBytes Thesys and Guitarist, Melda synth arps, Captain Chords (running into BlueArp) and Reaktor 5 sequencers all to work.

But Numerology and Kontakt still crash Logic when trying to load, and Reaktor 6, HY Seq Collection2, and neither Nora nor NoraCM work at all after loading.
As I've said before, plug-in compatibility is a long, slow fight. Every plug-in is different, and there are many possible causes for these problems. I'm sorry that some of your favorites aren't working yet. We'll be working out these issues one at a time, and we thank you for your patience!
Just reporting, not complaining:) Unify and the team can do no wrong—still loving every minute I spend with it and thrilled to have better access now to the vsts that don’t work yet as AU MIDI FX!

krraqk wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:33 pm That LITE name for libraries that are made of a single sample (isn't that the limitation of Omnisphere's external libraries?) scare me a little :? What can be reduced from single sample library? sounds strange (no offense). Is the plugin included an "one sample per keymap only" rompler?
It seems that the concept of "workstation, bread and butter" sounds is not very present at this momment as it seemed to be maybe expected.
Many of the sample sets in the LITE libraries use multiple samples mapped across the keyboard, and the included Guru Sampler is quite capable of this.

What "bread and butter" sounds would you say are missing?

xhunaudio wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:49 pm On macOS Catalina, is Unify capable of wrapping non-certified/notarized (64-bit) plugins (legacy plugins, all plugins made for El Capitan, Mojave, etc. until Catalina) ?
Unify is set to be as permissive as MacOS permits, and so it does work with many legacy plug-ins, but we have seen cases where Catalina interferes with loading some plug-ins that are newer, but not notarized.

I would love to have p-locks and morphing snapshots (ala´Alchemy) for the pro version.
Well, just wishful thinking :D

Host software aside, which at v 1 is already a beast, but Man, I'm not sure if I've encountered another synth that had so many playable great factory sounds!
For my taste some of these synth patches, I've only encountered on analog synths. The creamy sounds of Dave Smith gear for example, this feels like a true synth and the great piano patches alone, are imo worth the price. The factory sound set is just superb. Thanks so much for bringing this to the vst world!!! 💯
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:41 pm Host software aside, which at v 1 is already a beast, but Man, I'm not sure if I've encountered another synth that had so many playable great factory sounds!
I found that a bit annoying, actually. The first thing it did is make me realize how bad my own stuff is. I just fire this thing up, put a couple of fingers on the keyboard and everything that comes out of it is infinitely better than anything I ever created before. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

getdunne wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 am As I've said before, plug-in compatibility is a long, slow fight. Every plug-in is different, and there are many possible causes for these problems. I'm sorry that some of your favorites aren't working yet. We'll be working out these issues one at a time, and we thank you for your patience!
Please : Fix the latency issues first. :wink:

There's so many plug-ins i can't use because they add noticeable latency. Pretty much every plug-in that uses oversampling or some kind of lookahead is unuseable. This includes many popular plug-ins like from Fabfilter, DMG, UAD and many others...
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:53 pm
getdunne wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 am As I've said before, plug-in compatibility is a long, slow fight. Every plug-in is different, and there are many possible causes for these problems. I'm sorry that some of your favorites aren't working yet. We'll be working out these issues one at a time, and we thank you for your patience!
Please : Fix the latency issues first. :wink:

There's so many plug-ins i can't use because they add noticeable latency. Pretty much every plug-in that uses oversampling or some kind of lookahead is unuseable. This includes many popular plug-ins like from Fabfilter, DMG, UAD and many others...
Including Loudmax, which John recommends you use on every patch.

focusrite wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:05 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:01 pm No FAQ on their site ?
What is the copy protection ? If it's C/R I am out sadly.
One time online press the button
Doesn't matter how often I have to press a button.
C/R is C/R and if they close down next year I can't install it anymore just like it happened to me before, so I am out.

rasmusklump wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:06 pm
C/R is C/R and if they close down next year I can't install it anymore just like it happened to me before, so I am out.
I don't know what software you have bad experience with, but I hope I can trust the developers to make a final adjustment in the software, and remove the C/R in case of shutting down the business. But I guess you can't trust anybody completely, and there is also the possibility of tragic incidents that can't be forseen.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Out $59 - a tragic conclusion for any great plugin purchase! How many years would a plugin have to last to get $59 worth of value from it? Nexus2 is dead, and it cost like $300-400 once you buy a few expansions. But then life is a gamble!

Probably best to stick with free and open source plugins then. Or buy from one of the few companies that don't have any type of IP protection.

Return to “Instruments”