What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

HTT wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:45 pmI am not sure how this relates to the topic. Then we have the bilateral rants going on. I think the mods should lock this thread as it no longer relates to the OT.
Why is that important? It is a vibrant and useful discussion, surely that's more important? And it is tangentially related to the original topic, or at least the concept behind it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

folderol wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:23 pmWould anyone be the least bit surprised if I said 'Yoshimi'? :D
And that's for the last 10 years :hyper:
I would. I have no idea what it means and all I get from the internet is a Linux thing that looks like some shareware app from the 90s.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

HTT wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:45 pm I am not sure how this relates to the topic. Then we have the bilateral rants going on. I think the mods should lock this thread as it no longer relates to the OT.
Yeah, I'm wondering why not to try to un-derail the topic.
Let's say, I'm using the most OH MY GOT I'VE BOUGHT TO MUCH AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO ACTUALLY USE THEM.

But if I pretend that I'm sane and can focus on a narrow set of plugins, I'd stay on:
ANA 2
Icarus 2
Pigments/V Collection
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:22 pm
e-crooner wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:25 pmYes, but it still depends on what the orchestra plays. And that content doesn't change just because it is a live performance.
My point is that it doesn't matter. I couldn't listen to a recording of any classical piece, it's boring as batshit, but I enjoy going to see an orchestra perform and have been doing it a couple of times a year recently.
Wow :!:

So the classical music - that is usually recorded live to two track - is as "boring as batshit", but the same music that is performed live is OK ?

I am a little confused here...

What are you listening to in the live performance as opposed to the recorded version ?

Maybe the classical musicians you are watching live are jumping around the stage like clowns in a circus act and that brings with it an extra element of satisfaction ?

I always laugh when people tell me that they went and saw some live music...

Maybe the're talking about notes on a wall,because music is something that we hear...

Watching some people play music live is a different sensory perception and I understand that,but the watching is done with our eyes - not our ears...

I enjoy live music performances,but as with any music, I prefer to close my eyes and listen,so that my other senses are not influencing what I am hearing...

But as someone stated earlier in this rather divergent thread, you just can't over estimate what is going on in this big,wide,crazy world :wink:
No auto tune...

I can understand where he's coming from with some music. I'd not listen to an album of brass band music, but in a park setting in summer with a bandstand it's a different beast.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

But you're probably just going to check out the cute chicks in the brass band :)
No auto tune...

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:16 am I can understand where he's coming from with some music. I'd not listen to an album of brass band music, but in a park setting in summer with a bandstand it's a different beast.
or in a lovely opera house or theater acoustically designed :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:20 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:16 am I can understand where he's coming from with some music. I'd not listen to an album of brass band music, but in a park setting in summer with a bandstand it's a different beast.
Where the live music is recorded :)
No auto tune...

is flat
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:hug:

That's enough arguing now...

It's time to go and make some music :phones:

Enjoy your music everyone :party:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:52 am
So the classical music - that is usually recorded live to two track - is as "boring as batshit", but the same music that is performed live is OK ?
Get your point but there is something lost in a recording of a performance in a great acoustic environment. It just isn't the same. I have the recording of a Christmas concert I went to several years ago. Last song was some Gregorian chant style thing where the women's choir was on one side of the church on the upper level back out of view and the men's choir on the other side, singing back and forth. The recording just doesn't capture the way it sounded live and there was nothing to see as the singers were all out of view. It was crazy live, not so much recorded. I still enjoy the recording but nothing compared to live.

To answer the OPs question....right now the System-8 :)

digitalboytn wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:41 am
Hink wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:20 am
Where the live music is recorded :)
but the experience of being in the room with s full orchestra is totally different from even a recording of the concert you where at.

on record you have sounds coming at you from two speakers.
how can that compare to those sounds coming from the actual instruments and moving air to you!

Yes "Live" is different than a recording especially from acoustic instruments, but I still enjoy listening to concerts/orchestral music from my CDs or from the radio!

and where do you live that your neighbours don't complain, when you play beethovens 5th as loud as the lso for the full visceral experience? :o

Return to “Instruments”