Air Music Transfuser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really want to like this, but it seems to be missing a couple of important things:

1) No export/import, drag/drop, etc. of MIDI patterns between the Transfuser plugin and the host sequencer.

2) No multiple, per-slice output channels.

Am I correct that Transfuser doesn't have these features?
A well-behaved signature.

You are correct. There are also a few bugs with it. It is such a great concept and I wish they would work on it. I use it in a number of my productions, because it is just fun. But it is handcuffed by the handful of bugs and lack of expanded modern features (including a micro interface).

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm I really want to like this, but it seems to be missing a couple of important things:

1) No export/import, drag/drop, etc. of MIDI patterns between the Transfuser plugin and the host sequencer.

Here's a list of FR I posted...11 years ago.

I'm still waiting.
Make of that what you will.

1. The ability to drag'n'drop/swap around Drum Pad FX.

2. The option to make Drum Pad send fx *post* volume/pan - so lowering a Drum Pad's volume also lowers it's send FX and changing a Pads pan setting is reflected in the Send FX.

3. The ability to drag a wave file from the Recorder into a User Audio folder in the Browser.
This makes the inability to save your own Drum Pad creations slightly less painful to workaround.

4. The ability to save your own cool Drum Pad creations - is there no
way that a wholly self-content file can be saved with FX/envelopes etc?

5. Most importantly, the ability to increase the Sequencer Pane to allow all Drum Lanes to be seen. I can't emphasize how crippling it is to not be able to see all the Sequencer Lanes at the same time.

6. Ditto using slices, trying to line up the desired slice to the right step is very fiddly with the present pane size.

7. Audition Browser samples *with* Insert/Track/Master FX. I very often find a cool snare only to find that with enhancers/compressor/maximizer on the FX it sounds completely different.
Also audition Browser samples in situ ie temporarily replacing the destination Drum Pad as the Drum Seq.

8. An option that when you select a slice it sounds/plays. Removes the need to audition it via the vertical piano of the piano roll and then hope that you've selected the right slice.

9. Being able to drag along a Sequencer Lane with the pencil tool, creating or deleting notes as you can in the Transfuser effect "Gater" would *greatly* speed up writing.

10. Also, having the most frequently used commands such as Copy/Paste current bar, Undo/redo, *deselect* brought out onto the GUI would, again really speed up the workflow.

11. The ability to mute/solo the different FX lanes in the Gater effect.

12. A Mario-like function for use with the gater- ie randomize option for each lane.

12. Mono/Stereo output button on each Drum Pad.

13. Back and forward arrows for Drum Synth Kits (above the drum pads)
For the FX presets.

14. Reverse and Note Repeat (a la GURU for glitchy effects) pages in the Drum Seq.

15. Copy and paste Track Automation Lanes. Copy Automation Lanes steps 1-16 to 17-32 and vice vers

17. Ability to save *User* FX presets. Also, FX "init" presets. (for Gater, for example.)

18. Pressing Record in Transfuser and then Play in Pro Tools starts
Transfuser Recording - with subsequent trigger notes from a MIDI region change the pattern in Transfuser - enabling one to play/record into Transfuser while listening to the whole Pro Tools session.
ie "wait for note" Record mode with proper pattern change.

19. Also, being able to play/Rec a pattern when it has no data in it - at present you have to draw in a note before it'll play.

19. Create cresendo works based on the current Page selected ie
if filter is selected then it creates a filtered crescendo, ditto pitch etc

20. Altering the settings on the Pitch etc page using the mouse is set to the slower setting, currently *always* requires a key modifier to enter the inevitable small change.

21. Drag and drop FX *exchanges* them rather than overwrites.

21. A Fine Tune page or alternative setting for the Pitch page..

22. Selecting or "highlighting" some lanes and choosing "copy current bar" and then pasting into a new bar *shouldn't* overwrite unselected lanes - thereby allowing one to copy and paste different lanes into different patterns and combine the best of both.

23. Right-clicking with the pencil tool deletes a node (ie slicer pan node) or note.

24. Option to turn off scroll while recording.

25. If left-clicking a lane in a Drum-Synth "Selects" all on that lane can we have right-clicking "Deselects" all - much, much easier than constantly having to go to the drop-down menu.

26. Ability to save Drum Pad Send FX and Insert FX set-ups.

27. In the Drum Synth display for each sample, having the wave overlayed the pitch/amp/filter thereby making sound design much easier.

28. At present it's impossible to draw nodes in the Drum Pads pitch/amp window in the *upper* far 3rd of the screen where the samples name is - and therefore deleting is also difficult if the zoom places a node in that area.

28. The drag'drop of Drum Pads has been unexpectedly removed with no explanation. The proposed solution unfortunately doesn't copy the old Pads pain-stakingly tweaked FX or sends - which also of course cannot be saved and reloaded into a new Pad.

A more elegant solution would be to have an option on the Tool(?) page which "Enables Drum Pads to be *swapped*" thereby also removing the danger of accidently copying over an existing Drum Pad.

29. The ability to copy and paste a single Drum Seq Lane into another single Lane on multiple or single pages- ie doubling up a kick Lane at the moment including all the velocity/pan/time information seems impossible, ditto trying out a Lane with a different sound etc.

30. Sample start and end midi learnable/Track Automation Lane usable

31. In the Drum Synth be able to load new samples leaving the destination Pad's FX and enevelopes intact.

32. Gater FX - copy/exchange/swap pages 1 and 2
"What embecile composed this list :/"

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:59 pm I really want to like this, but it seems to be missing a couple of important things:
Answer to number 1:
You change midi channel for each module you use and it syncs to host in that way.
It only uses 4 bars/measures for its beats but you can drag one of the 12 midi patterns, located in the sequenser section, to your daws track. That can be done for every module and repeated to build a whole song in that way. The track and the module channel should be the same.

OBS. Be sure to select "play notes/pads/slices" in note range menu. It's on the same panel as patterns who's found in the sequenser section. Otherwise you get strange sound from the midipattern in your host.

The first pattern is what's in use. The other 11 patterns have to be done by changing the sequence manually or random by M.A.R.I.O. and saved.
Drums seems to be excluded from this rule. I had different patterns from getgo when i last fiddled with Transfuser2.

-I accept it isn't a sampler so i have no input to give on audiosample questions.

Ah, thanks guys. That's disappointing to hear it's basically handcuffed by these issues. Seems to have so much promise and be so cool otherwise.
A well-behaved signature.

Brittlestem wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:52 pm

I'm still waiting.

1. The ability to drag'n'drop/swap around Drum Pad FX.

2. The option to make Drum Pad send fx *post* volume/pan - so lowering a Drum Pad's volume also lowers it's send FX and changing a Pads pan setting is reflected in the Send FX.

3. The ability to drag a wave file from the Recorder into a User Audio folder in the Browser.
This makes the inability to save your own Drum Pad creations slightly less painful to workaround.

4. The ability to save your own cool Drum Pad creations - is there no
way that a wholly self-content file can be saved with FX/envelopes etc?

5. Most importantly, the ability to increase the Sequencer Pane to allow all Drum Lanes to be seen. I can't emphasize how crippling it is to not be able to see all the Sequencer Lanes at the same time.

6. Ditto using slices, trying to line up the desired slice to the right step is very fiddly with the present pane size.

7. Audition Browser samples *with* Insert/Track/Master FX. I very often find a cool snare only to find that with enhancers/compressor/maximizer on the FX it sounds completely different.
Also audition Browser samples in situ ie temporarily replacing the destination Drum Pad as the Drum Seq.

8. An option that when you select a slice it sounds/plays. Removes the need to audition it via the vertical piano of the piano roll and then hope that you've selected the right slice.

9. Being able to drag along a Sequencer Lane with the pencil tool, creating or deleting notes as you can in the Transfuser effect "Gater" would *greatly* speed up writing.

10. Also, having the most frequently used commands such as Copy/Paste current bar, Undo/redo, *deselect* brought out onto the GUI would, again really speed up the workflow.

11. The ability to mute/solo the different FX lanes in the Gater effect.

12. A Mario-like function for use with the gater- ie randomize option for each lane.

12. Mono/Stereo output button on each Drum Pad.

13. Back and forward arrows for Drum Synth Kits (above the drum pads)
For the FX presets.

14. Reverse and Note Repeat (a la GURU for glitchy effects) pages in the Drum Seq.

15. Copy and paste Track Automation Lanes. Copy Automation Lanes steps 1-16 to 17-32 and vice vers

17. Ability to save *User* FX presets. Also, FX "init" presets. (for Gater, for example.)

18. Pressing Record in Transfuser and then Play in Pro Tools starts
Transfuser Recording - with subsequent trigger notes from a MIDI region change the pattern in Transfuser - enabling one to play/record into Transfuser while listening to the whole Pro Tools session.
ie "wait for note" Record mode with proper pattern change.

19. Also, being able to play/Rec a pattern when it has no data in it - at present you have to draw in a note before it'll play.

19. Create cresendo works based on the current Page selected ie
if filter is selected then it creates a filtered crescendo, ditto pitch etc

20. Altering the settings on the Pitch etc page using the mouse is set to the slower setting, currently *always* requires a key modifier to enter the inevitable small change.

21. Drag and drop FX *exchanges* them rather than overwrites.

21. A Fine Tune page or alternative setting for the Pitch page..

22. Selecting or "highlighting" some lanes and choosing "copy current bar" and then pasting into a new bar *shouldn't* overwrite unselected lanes - thereby allowing one to copy and paste different lanes into different patterns and combine the best of both.

23. Right-clicking with the pencil tool deletes a node (ie slicer pan node) or note.

24. Option to turn off scroll while recording.

25. If left-clicking a lane in a Drum-Synth "Selects" all on that lane can we have right-clicking "Deselects" all - much, much easier than constantly having to go to the drop-down menu.

26. Ability to save Drum Pad Send FX and Insert FX set-ups.

27. In the Drum Synth display for each sample, having the wave overlayed the pitch/amp/filter thereby making sound design much easier.

28. At present it's impossible to draw nodes in the Drum Pads pitch/amp window in the *upper* far 3rd of the screen where the samples name is - and therefore deleting is also difficult if the zoom places a node in that area.

28. The drag'drop of Drum Pads has been unexpectedly removed with no explanation. The proposed solution unfortunately doesn't copy the old Pads pain-stakingly tweaked FX or sends - which also of course cannot be saved and reloaded into a new Pad.

A more elegant solution would be to have an option on the Tool(?) page which "Enables Drum Pads to be *swapped*" thereby also removing the danger of accidently copying over an existing Drum Pad.

29. The ability to copy and paste a single Drum Seq Lane into another single Lane on multiple or single pages- ie doubling up a kick Lane at the moment including all the velocity/pan/time information seems impossible, ditto trying out a Lane with a different sound etc.

30. Sample start and end midi learnable/Track Automation Lane usable

31. In the Drum Synth be able to load new samples leaving the destination Pad's FX and enevelopes intact.

32. Gater FX - copy/exchange/swap pages 1 and 2
Good lord, that's a long list! :o

I am still waiting for Transfuser 3 along with Absynth 6 and Iris 3.
Looks like a wait for eternity. Sadly!

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 am

I'm still waiting.

At the time I naively thought AIR would develop their products instead of churning out a stream of half-finished crap that ends up in the bargain bin for a dollar.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Brittlestem wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:17 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 am

I'm still waiting.

At the time I naively thought AIR would develop their products instead of churning out a stream of half-finished crap that ends up in the bargain bin for a dollar.
:hihi:

They were actively working on these things for awhile. Especially around the release of the Riser. However, I felt then, as I do now, that they purchase half finished products that could be great ideas, and then rush them through...quantity over quality.

in my opinion the bugs are overall minor, just, make sure you never touch the global pitch bend when you have an e-piano instrument loaded.
don't try it with your monitors turned on, not even with a limiter and a fuse plugin on.

acYm wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:56 am in my opinion the bugs are overall minor, just, make sure you never touch the global pitch bend when you have an e-piano instrument loaded.
don't try it with your monitors turned on, not even with a limiter and a fuse plugin on.
I think ya know wa-ya talkin' bout mate. Transfuser only works bug free in protools. Audio cuttin' out a few seconds of launchin' into large sessions is a bwig deal

Return to “Instruments”