Which Arturia soft synths do you like best & why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:48 am Pigments.
But they all contribute where necessary. The collection is like having lots of different colors on an artists pallet.
Depending on the circumstances - Film, Commercials, Remix or any other job depending on a clients needs or wishes - you can be anything from Rothko to Chagall. I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to live in a time where there are companies like Arturia and NI etc covering so much of the sonic spectrum.
Exactly. I don't know where or when I will need a specific synth in the Collection, but it is sure nice to have that option ready to go. I love that collection, even if some of it isn't as exact as we remember. There is a lot of quality in it, then Pigments just added so much on top.

BBFG# wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 am It is as much as NI.
And maybe a little more.
My bad. I checked, and Arturia products remained activated regardless connection. I thought they wouldn't
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Back online.

Thanks for all your helpful comments

kev :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Easily Pigments. By a long shot. Aside from the newer digital emulations (DX7, Synclavier, Fairlight), I think it covers most of the synths pretty well. It has the moog/arp filters, the multimode filters, the SEM/Matrix-12. The oscillators mostly sound similar and Pigments covers that. Plus the granular alone is worth it just for that. Also has a better layout than most and mpe compatible. Years ago I used to wish that Arturia has a single synth that had the Arturia sound but comprehensive features and a couple filters, because I found most of their synths sounded so similar. Well Pigments did that plus lots of cool extras. These days I'm less of a fan of the Arturia sound so I bought Pigments almost entirely for the excellent granular oscs, but I still mess around with the other oscs sometimes and may find that I do want to use them sometimes.

The only one I have is on my iPad. It’s the iSEM. It sounds great!

I don’t like dongles (they’re using iLok on desktop, right? I have an older iLok for my Receptor and that’s where it stays), so I’ve never bothered to buy their desktop plugins. (No, I don’t like the dongle-less iLok system either)

Yeah, the iPad is basically a big dongle, in a way, and it’s bothersome to not have the same plugins on my Mac when I’m porting projects from iPad to Logic, but...

I’m not even sure iSEM was developed by them. I seem to recall it was outsourced (??). It’s the only Arturia-branded product I ever bought.

Anyway, I think iSEM sounds fantastic. It’s one of several iPad synths (like Moog Model 15) that show just how not-just-a-toy an iPad can be. I wish there were 1-to-1 desktop AudioUnit versions of them for use in Logic.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:11 pm The only one I have is on my iPad. It’s the iSEM. It sounds great!

I don’t like dongles (they’re using iLok on desktop, right? I have an older iLok for my Receptor and that’s where it stays), so I’ve never bothered to buy their desktop plugins. (No, I don’t like the dongle-less iLok system either)

Yeah, the iPad is basically a big dongle, in a way, and it’s bothersome to not have the same plugins on my Mac when I’m porting projects from iPad to Logic, but...

I’m not even sure iSEM was developed by them. I seem to recall it was outsourced (??). It’s the only Arturia-branded product I ever bought.

Anyway, I think iSEM sounds fantastic. It’s one of several iPad synths (like Moog Model 15) that show just how not-just-a-toy an iPad can be. I wish there were 1-to-1 desktop AudioUnit versions of them for use in Logic.
the SEM is great. small remark; no iLok for arturia.... there is a download and activation center. which give no problems. and you can deactive even a broken computer, from there website... or deactivate it when you want, from the website. 5 computers per license.
so nice activation/deactivation solution and... no transfer fees...

SEM
I'm a bit bored with these synths that try to do everything and at the same time are over complicated. SEM V is a typical example of a not very complex synth that sounds very good.

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:20 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:11 pm The only one I have is on my iPad. It’s the iSEM. It sounds great!

the SEM is great. small remark; no iLok for arturia.... there is a download and activation center. which give no problems. and you can deactive even a broken computer, from there website... or deactivate it when you want, from the website. 5 computers per license.
so nice activation/deactivation solution and... no transfer fees...
:tu: Thank you for correcting me on these facts about Arturia’s DRM. It sounds like a system I can live with (and do, with other companies). Maybe I’ll consider them on some future holiday sale. Cheers! :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

minimoog V, the free version
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Matrix 12V and Synclavier V - both for their modulation capabilities.

Return to “Instruments”