Arturia Keystep Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That price doesn't make sense, it is more than four times the price of the standard KeyStep. I'd wait for something a little more official, no-one is going to buy it at that price.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

i dont understand what youre saying.

how is 399 4x the price of a standard keystep?...and why wouldnt someone buy it for that?

also reverb says 450.

https://reverb.com/news/arturia-debuts- ... -namm-2020
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

sorry....im pretty sick and on a ton of cold meds, so i may not be tracking too well.

are you saying you think 399 is too much for the keystep pro? if that is what youre saying...i kind of agree with you insofar as what can be had in that price range...which was precisely why i was asking about why would someone get the ksp over something like the sl mkiii, which is almost the same price and seems to have a shitload extra features.
ImageImageImage

I love my Keystep, I expected a Pro version and figured it would be a no-brainer - but this one is too wide for me.

FWIW UK Google search shows cheapest KSP as £339 and SL MK3 as £459. I think they are potential competitors.

I doubt it. One is a full size thing, the other is made to be portable. I can't see anyone who doesn't need the portability buying a controller with mini keys over one with full-size keys, no matter how good the mini keys are.
chaosWyrM wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm i dont understand what youre saying.
how is 399 4x the price of a standard keystep?...and why wouldnt someone buy it for that?
Well, US$399 is about Au$600 and I can buy a standard KeyStep from Thomann for Au$160, which is roughly one-quarter of the price. Arturia's site is showing US$449, which is three times the US$149 they show for the standard model. Beatstep Pro is a little more than twice the price of the standard BeatStep, so it's a significantly bigger price hike for the Pro KeyStep.

Looking at the thing more closely, I don't think it is as long as it seems, maybe just a couple of inches longer than the original. But it is quite a bit wider, maybe another two or three inches. Still, it's the price that will kill it. I reckon it is about US$100 too expensive.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:52 pm I don't think it is as long as it seems, maybe just a couple of inches longer than the original. But it is quite a bit wider, maybe another two or three inches.
Keystep Pro: 23.2 x 8.2 x 1.5 inches (589 x 208 x 38mm) (Arturia)
Keystep: 19.0 x 6.0 x 1.5" / 482.6 x 152.4 x 38.1 mm (according to Google)

OK, so definitely too long for any of my Pelican cases, then.

Does anyone know if you freely can assign output type to the tracks? Like you can use just all four tracks with just MIDI or just USB.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I’m sure you can, that’s the gist of it... waiting for the manual to know it inside and out upon release which is when exactly? :?:

They said March, preordered it on 20th Feb thinking it was gonna be out in a month. As usual no announcement of delay, not even a coronavirusy one, meanwhile the local store changed the shipping date to 27th April but some Australian and Spanish online stores say it’s in stock :?

Hitspace? Yeah, I was hoping they would get it as well, but probably everything is in the air at the moment.
I spoke with Arturia about it though and this is what they said:

"You can select different outputs for your KSP tracks. (MIDI / USB / CV)
In the first place, MIDI sent by each tracks will output through both MIDI Outs, later on, further possibilities will be available.
Of course, note that it is possible to assign each track to a dedicated MIDI channel."

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:22 am Hitspace? Yeah, I was hoping they would get it as well, but probably everything is in the air at the moment.
Yes sir :D

Haha... I'm really looking forward to this one. Looks like something that can be quite fun to jam out ideas with.

/C

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 pm Haha... I'm really looking forward to this one. Looks like something that can be quite fun to jam out ideas with.

/C
I fell in love immediately, for me the best of NAMM 2020

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”