Issues with Kontakt finding libraries after update to Windows 10

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, finally bit the bullet and upgraded to Windows 10, asked that the install kept my files and folders and when the installation had completed, all of the files are still visible in the places where they should be. Opened Kontakt and it could find the libraries that came with Komplete 12 but did not show the third party libraries. Have updated, reset and scanned Kontakt's database and although the instruments show in the database, they do not appear in libraries and I get the message -

"This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed"

although I can see the library is very much installed on the SSD where I initially placed it. Have deleted the registry entries for each of these libraries and have pointed Native Access to where these files are located but I continue to get this error message.

What I did notice after the Windows update is that many programs now seek my files in what was my old admin user account rather than the one I actually used, so I'm not sure if there was a pertinent document in the user account that is required but I couldn't see anything in Kontakt that appeared relevant when I searched.

I have an SSD partitioned into system and program files (which both contain references to Kontakt), and my sample libraries are on another SSD purely for Kontakt libaries.

Any assistance would be appreciated, have spent some time looking for possible fixes but have found nothing that has worked after some considerable time searching.

And after deleting the registry entries, they've all appeared on my desktop for some reason...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”