Best Roland JP 8000 / 8080 VST Alternative

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don’t know what are you taking about. Can we clarify the issue privately? Thanks.

No, I paid a $25 subscription fee for my dsp account for updates etc in September last year.. you advertised it that it will be for 12 months.. then November you suddenly cancelled the subscription plan that you conned us into buying into.. when I accessed my account last week I could not download corona, I could download only the last update of discovery pro and thats it...

This is not the first time you have engaged in cagey dogy business tactics tbh... you have done this several times in the past.. and personally I am tired of always giving you the benefit of the doubt and falling for your untrustworthy schemes and business practice

surreal wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:39 pm This is not the first time you have engaged in cagey dogy business tactics tbh... you have done this several times in the past.. and personally I am tired of always giving you the benefit of the doubt and falling for your untrustworthy schemes and business practice
Well said... Buyer beware! That and other dubious upgrade fees are why I stopped using anything by Disco DSP. :x
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I’ve still got a real JP-8000 which I bought new and has been sitting untouched in my garage for close to sixteen years, in case someone local wants to take it off my hands. ;). Otherwise, I just don’t see the point. There are so many better sounding synths out there these days.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

surreal wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:35 pm No, I paid a $25 subscription fee for my dsp account for updates etc in September last year.. you advertised it that it will be for 12 months.. then November you suddenly cancelled the subscription plan that you conned us into buying into.. when I accessed my account last week I could not download corona, I could download only the last update of discovery pro and thats it...
I'm sorry you're having issues downloading Corona. Certainly it shouldn't be like that, because right now the system is configured to keep any paid subscription for a range of 12 months since the purchase date, no matter if the plan isn't available anymore.

But if a customer isn't giving the account details I can't investigate what's going on. Perhaps Corona is using a different purchase number or Discovery Pro is using another e-mail address and wasn't linked properly. I can't do anything if there isn't willingness to cooperate and solve this. Anyhow, if you decide to contact privately, I will setup a free license of choice from our products to compensate this hassle.

Apologies for the off-topic as well.

Cheers,
George.

nice try, but we remember, george.

Found the issue. One account downloads got locked due to abusive use last week.
@surreal no idea if it's related to yours, I don't have any PM yet, but it's very likely.
Anyway, I have reset the counter now.

Cheers,
George.

JamminFool wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:52 am nice try, but we remember, george.
Damn straight!! :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

discoDSP wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:15 am
surreal wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:35 pm No, I paid a $25 subscription fee for my dsp account for updates etc in September last year.. you advertised it that it will be for 12 months.. then November you suddenly cancelled the subscription plan that you conned us into buying into.. when I accessed my account last week I could not download corona, I could download only the last update of discovery pro and thats it...
I'm sorry you're having issues downloading Corona. Certainly it shouldn't be like that, because right now the system is configured to keep any paid subscription for a range of 12 months since the purchase date, no matter if the plan isn't available anymore.

But if a customer isn't giving the account details I can't investigate what's going on. Perhaps Corona is using a different purchase number or Discovery Pro is using another e-mail address and wasn't linked properly. I can't do anything if there isn't willingness to cooperate and solve this. Anyhow, if you decide to contact privately, I will setup a free license of choice from our products to compensate this hassle.

Apologies for the off-topic as well.

Cheers,
George.
I sent you a pm George, hopefully it will be sorted out

surreal wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 am I sent you a pm George, hopefully it will be sorted out
Thanks, check your inbox :)

discoDSP wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:40 am
surreal wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 am I sent you a pm George, hopefully it will be sorted out
Thank you George for sorting My Corona download quickly, I appreciate your quick and friendly help, much appreciated, now i can work with Corona again!

surreal wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 pm
discoDSP wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:40 am
Thank you George for sorting My Corona download quickly, I appreciate your quick and friendly help, much appreciated, now i can work with Corona again!
And how does it compare to the real thing?

Dark Fiber wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 pmAnd how does it compare to the real thing?
The osc sounds close, but the overall sound and workflow aren't too similar as Corona is its own synth from what I've heard so far. If it's the JP-80x0 sound you're after, then you've got a few options, but none will cover all of the bases. Here's a compiled list coming from someone who's had fond memories of this synth and periodically searched for an ITB solution over the years:

Diva - Windows, macOS, Linux
+ Emulates the entirety of the oscillator section
+ Has good generic effects (chorus, delay, etc)

- Does not emulate envelope and filter behaviors (but to be fair the filters are awesome)
- Lacks certain effects (tone control, distortion)
- CPU heavy

JP6K - Windows
+ Emulates the supersaw workflow and filter behaviors
+ Has a similar tone control and ping pong delay to the JP

- Lacks the other oscillator waveforms and effects

JP-4c - Reaktor Ensemble *Free!*
+ Aims to primarily emulate the supersaw
+ Has a decent VA synth structure behind it
+ Filter and envelopes are decent JP approximations
+ Has delay, tone control, chorus, distortion

- Does not completely emulate the JP
- Requires Native Instruments Reaktor

There are a number of synths that incorporate the JP-80x0 supersaw in their oscillator sections, such as Corona, Sunrizer, Electra2, and T-Force the Squaw (Windows, Free) among others. We have yet to see a feature complete emulation of the JP, so the best option for the sake of accuracy is, well, an actual JP-80x0. What people say is true - it really is a typical VA synth that gets trumped by many other synths before and after its time. The biggest thing that made it stand out was the thing that was emulated properly - the supersaw - and you've got plenty of options to get that sound today!

Good luck with finding your sound :tu:

Just purchased JP6K.
Good that it's x64 nowadays.
Only downside is that it has no chorus, which is one of the things that the JP80x0 had implemented very well.

Return to “Instruments”