Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 am
telecode wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:22 am
Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm ...speaking of which, if I hadn't spent enough on 3 UVI suites recently, I would've upgraded to VV3 :P ...but, unfortunately, life'n'stuff... :oops:
I am really liking the UVI Digital Synsations. My upgrade price for VV3 is $349. Is that a decent deal?
If you only own 1 UVI product (free?), that's not a bad deal, given that the full price is $599, you're getting 41% discount, if my math is right... though currently it's only $399 intro price, but still, it's a nice discount on top of the current sale for an "upgrade", I guess :)
yes. its 41% off. Not bad. Only thing holding be back. I have too many VSTs. All of Arturia. All of NI. Plus some. :-(

But I like the sound of that Japanese Synth collection.
The UVI pricing is most unfair ever.
I own 11 UVI products, I've invested many, many hundreds for those.
The price of VV3 for me is € 299, note that for me the price is in euros,
which means $ 333. No voucher given to me.

So, for me, owner of 11 UVI products VV3 = $ 333,
for you, invested 0 so far to UVI, VV3 = $ 399.
Fair?

On my behalf, UVI can f**k off, they can stuff their VV3 where the sun doesn't shine. :x
I've had a situation with VV1 where I also owned 3 VV2 products (besides other products like Falcon, Model D, String Machines 2, etc) and contacted their support about it and they provided an additional voucher due to those 3 VV2 products.
If you're in a similar situation in relation to VV3, maybe it's worth a try?

I wished I had something like that again for VV3 :ud: but I only have the String Machines 2 as a product in VV3 ...and the Key/World/Gipsy Suites but that doesn't count for VV3 :(

Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:57 pm ...speaking of which, if I hadn't spent enough on 3 UVI suites recently, I would've upgraded to VV3 :P ...but, unfortunately, life'n'stuff... :oops:
I am really liking the UVI Digital Synsations. My upgrade price for VV3 is $349. Is that a decent deal?
If you only own 1 UVI product (free?), that's not a bad deal, given that the full price is $599, you're getting 41% discount, if my math is right... though currently it's only $399 intro price, but still, it's a nice discount on top of the current sale for an "upgrade", I guess :)
yes. its 41% off. Not bad. Only thing holding be back. I have too many VSTs. All of Arturia. All of NI. Plus some. :-(

Fair?

On my behalf, UVI can f**k off, they can stuff their VV3 where the sun doesn't shine. :x
I can relate to your feelings re: UVI. It makes no sense. They should provide x% discount per product you own.

Now back to figure out if I want to delve into yet another eco-system. 218 GB of shit of which I may only ever use 10% of on my hard drive, or do I invest in a Iridium ? Decisions... decisions..
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:06 am Now back to figure out if I want to delve into yet another eco-system. 218 GB of shit of which I may only ever use 10% of on my hard drive, or do I invest in a Iridium ? Decisions... decisions..
The Iridium video sounds impressive for such a little pedal but still a bit harsh. Personally, I think the sounds I've gotten out of BIAS 2 or the HX Stomp were better.

Hi Uncle E,
will you offer Xils 505 / Analog String Machines Bundle in your store ?

kopa wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:28 am Hi Uncle E,
will you offer Xils 505 / Analog String Machines Bundle in your store ?
I'll ask! Thanks!

I've tried downloading Slam Pup with 4 different browsers and unzipped with 3 different programs. Every time i get the error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)".

The only other time i've had this isssue is with 2CAudio. I don't know what the JRRshop web interface has in common with 2CAudio's site, but whatever it is, it's screwing with the file.

sqigls wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 pm I've tried downloading Slam Pup with 4 different browsers and unzipped with 3 different programs.
Sound-wise, Slam Pup is actually quite good, but 5 seconds with the UI and you'll be gouging your eyes out. The errors are nature's way of saving your sight.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

sqigls wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 pm I've tried downloading Slam Pup with 4 different browsers and unzipped with 3 different programs. Every time i get the error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)".

The only other time i've had this isssue is with 2CAudio. I don't know what the JRRshop web interface has in common with 2CAudio's site, but whatever it is, it's screwing with the file.
It's Beatskillz. You've been done a favor.

Symphony Sid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 pm
sqigls wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 pm I've tried downloading Slam Pup with 4 different browsers and unzipped with 3 different programs. Every time i get the error "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)".

It's Beatskillz. You've been done a favor.
Once I posted a gift of $5 to whomever would take all my beatskillz plugins for free. No one responded. :hihi:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

To be fair, their Tone Empire range gets pretty favourable reviews.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you need the Mac or PC version?

mac please :)
thank you Uncle

Fair?

But if you buy VV3 are you not getting a completely new license and download? Meaning your 11 UVI products are still licenses which you can then sell to recoup some $$? WIth 11 of them, selling for $30 each (plus $25 ilok = $55) you could end up with VV3 and break even...? Or sell for less and still get a good upgrade cost to VV3? Mayeb I am wrong... But I don't think your existing UVI products have to be surrended for the VV3 license. can anyone confirm or deny?

Also, there are 30 products in VV3 and you have 11, meaning for $333 you get 19 more products which is $18 each - not to bad a deal.

Mind you yes, the $400 non-upgrade price is a hard pill to swallow, however in the land of music software the caveat emptor rule of thumb is "Want a better price? Wait. Want is now? Pay more." :phones:

I sent UVI an question about this. If the products you own become free and clear then paying the $300-350 upgrade price coudl end up being a great deal as long as you are ok selling off your duplicate products.

plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 am

Fair?

But if you buy VV3 are you not getting a completely new license and download? Meaning your 11 UVI products are still licenses which you can then sell to recoup some $$? WIth 11 of them, selling for $30 each (plus $25 ilok = $55) you could end up with VV3 and break even...? Or sell for less and still get a good upgrade cost to VV3? Mayeb I am wrong... But I don't think your existing UVI products have to be surrended for the VV3 license. can anyone confirm or deny?

Also, there are 30 products in VV3 and you have 11, meaning for $333 you get 19 more products which is $18 each - not to bad a deal.

Mind you yes, the $400 non-upgrade price is a hard pill to swallow, however in the land of music software the caveat emptor rule of thumb is "Want a better price? Wait. Want is now? Pay more." :phones:

I sent UVI an question about this. If the products you own become free and clear then paying the $300-350 upgrade price coudl end up being a great deal as long as you are ok selling off your duplicate products.
I'll buy some of those duplicates... :hihi:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 am Also, there are 30 products in VV3 and you have 11, meaning for $333 you get 19 more products which is $18 each - not to bad a deal.
How many of those 30 products are recent, as in released in last 2 years and how many are older? They doing same thing as NI and Komplete? Most of the stuff in the package/bundle are products that are quite old and haven't been update in long time?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”