Omnisphere 2 slow interface

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 2

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:49 pm The Spectrasonics GUI's being open cause the GUI's in all my DAWs to lag. Reaper, Cubase, Studio One, will all have terribly slow framerates as long as Omnisphere or Keyscape are open. This is on Windows 10 x64. GPU is an AMD Radeon R7 200 series with 1GB of RAM, so nothing insanely high spec'd, but I also can't think of anything overtly complex happening with Omnisphere's GUI that should also tax anything that much.
I also have StylusRMX, Trilian and Keyscape, all of them have fast GUI except Omnisphere

here
Last edited by pluton on Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pluton wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:15 pm here I made another video, this time its even slower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOY_51e4cw
Ouch. Omnisphere seems to be in a very 'relaxed' mood on your computer.
Sorry
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:42 pm
pluton wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:15 pm here I made another video, this time its even slower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOY_51e4cw
Ouch. Omnisphere seems to be in a very 'relaxed' mood on your computer.
Sorry
rsp
any idea what can be causing it ?

None. what has spectrasonics said?

rsp
sound sculptist

It's not the GUI that lags it's the program itself. I got a 4 gig graphics card and it still takes a few seconds to launch as does kontakt, falcon and some others. It's a sample based synth with a tone of presets. Of course it's gonna take time to launch especially if you got your content on a separate drive

In the past, updates have changed this for me. I had it that slow once, contacted support and the just told me to update everything - I hadn’t realised its was out of date. Voila, suddenly it was tons better. I suspect you’re on the latest version though, and your response is massively slower than mine (content on a nvme and about 9,000 third party patches), so all I can suggest is to contact their support with your full specs and see what they say.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I’ve never had issues with the GUI being anywhere near that slow. I have had issues with presets changing extremely slow before but mostly seems to have gone away with updates. Oddly it was presets using the wave tables that were the worst and are still a little slow. But the rest seems fine.

Double post

Omnisphere is sooo slow on my machine aswell, i had a 3570k for years and i thought its just too slow since it always spiked when changing stuff in Omnisphere, i upgraded to a 12 core 3900x and im still having the same issues. In Fl Studio there is a FPS counter and whenever i move a knob it drops fps (not many but around 5-10) , but when im moving points in the envelope window it drops to 5 fps all the time. I tested Serum and it never drops even a single FPS, no lag whatsoever.I contacted Spectrasonics when 2.5 came out after i noticed the lags, send them multiple videos, and .... they never fixed it. I tried to go back to 2.3.2h because that version was soooo smoth but it was already too late since alot of patches were corrupted. So yeah ,the 2.5 update killed my omnisphere and now im not even using it anymore because its so frustrating,and the sad part i paid like 1000$(?) for it(omnisphere+trillian+keyscape) lol

,the 2.5 update killed my omnisphere and now im not even using it anymore because its so frustrating,and the sad part i paid like 1000$(?) for it(omnisphere+trillian+keyscape) lol
Ouch!! That hurts!

Had issues with interface on a Mac with 2.5. Wrote to them, they replied with a fix and all good now. Have the Win people been chasing Spectra?

I had that issue after last updates too, worked kind of fine on standalone but in cubase it was extra slow

You can try this to see if it helps, worked with me.....

Go to system -> memory -> select [process limit]

Depending on your system config other options might help too, this one worked the best for me.

This is my biggest issue with Omnisphere as well, no settings seem to help the slow loading gui. I installed the library on a NVME M.2 drive and the sounds load faster, but the gui is terribly slow still. Not sure what else to try.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Spectrasonics is letting down their customers by not updating their software. Totally unacceptable. The last update was over a year ago. The software is slow and clunky. Worst money I ever spent on a plugin and would happily sell my license for a discount

Return to “Instruments”