Understanding electronic music composing.

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/sits back to watch forgotten get schooled like a bunch of fish :popcorn:

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:53 pm
Rather than continue to post sarcastic responses, could you show me a citation for this then:
Unless of course the reason for said response was that said citation has already been provided.

https://online.berklee.edu/takenote/maj ... nor-modes/

This isn't where I originally read it - I just typed 'minor modes' into google. Anyone can do it or so I've been led to believe.

That's Berklee, with a capital 'B'.

Stamped Records wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:59 am Unless of course the reason for said response was that said citation has already been provided.

https://online.berklee.edu/takenote/maj ... nor-modes/
Nope. I see nothing in here that says modes have ”root chords” that are major or minor.

3 x major modes
3 x minor modes

Would you like to play a game? It's called, guess which modes are major and which modes are minor. After that, we'll play, guess why those modes are major and why those modes are minor.

And if you're not sick after that, we'll play, guess which mode is not major or minor, then, you guessed it, we'll play, why is that mode not major or minor.

So what are the “root chords” for each of the modes, and why are you suggesting there are only 6 modes?

I said, the modes are categorised loosely by the chords are built on their root. You're the one taking it as if it means something more than loose categorisation. You're arguing against something that wasn't posited in the first place. We know why the modes are categorised this way.

Nobody suggested 6 modes. 3 x minor, 3 x major and 1 that is neither major or minor. That's 7 modes.

Stamped Records wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:44 am I said, the modes are categorised loosely by the chords are built on their root.
No, you said:
Stamped Records wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:41 pm modes themselves are categorised loosely by their major or minor root chord
Modes don’t have root chords that are major or minor.
Stamped Records wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:44 am Nobody suggested 6 modes. 3 x minor, 3 x major and 1 that is neither major or minor. That's 7 modes.
You did above - you said 3 Major and 3 minor, which adds up to 6. At least you’re now realizing there is one that does not fit into major or minor, which is the other part of your error.

I don’t know why you’re so reticent to listen and so quick to use sarcasm (particularly when it’s based on your assumption that you are correct, but in reality you are shown to be wrong). Just do what everyone else does, and be open to the fact that there’s always more to learn, so it’s not good to make quotes based on misremembering things or not being able to articulate knowledge accurately.

It doesnt matter.
None of you understand electronic music anyway.

:P
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:57 am It doesnt matter.
None of you understand electronic music anyway.

:P
Surely it’s all just pushing a button these days... :hihi:

Well,
It used to be like twelve buttons!
Now its like four.
+1 more, for mastering.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:33 am Well,
It used to be like twelve buttons!
Now its like four.
+1 more, for mastering.
Four! Too many for me. I'm going back to playing the piano.

when I was a kid my friend and me invented a game called button baseball...it involved baseball cards, a button (shirt), a screwdriver or pair of scissors...the button was the ball, we snapped it like a tiddly wink with the screwdriver and the cards were laid out in position on the "field"
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

What were the scissors for?

in case we didnt find a screwdriver
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i bought a pair of scissors before xmas.
first there was an issue with not having photo id to buy a bladed item (wtf?)
then, i finally get them home, on the packaging it says "cut here to open" but the only scissors i have are in the package :cry:

Return to “Music Theory”