Which Arturia soft synths do you like best & why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have so many Arturia software synths I can't get round to learn them all properly, so maybe I should focus on one or two of them for now?

Your thoughts appreciated

cheers = kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Funny this came up. Just moments ago I was texting a friend and bemoaning the fact that I haven’t even touched half the recent Arturia instruments, because I’ve been so focused on hardware for the past couple of years. I haven’t even fired up the CZ, DX, or Mellotron a single time yet! With that in mind, I absolutely adore their Synclavier, particularly with the resynthesis functionality.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Pigments is great :)
The mod "matrix" just clicks for me (as opposed to other WT synths).

tried all of them, liked
-synclavier because its great features and gui
-jupiter: its easy to split the keyboard
-pigments: for me the sequencer is its best feature

- the two jupiter versoins
- buchla

i just like the way they sound.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Pigments is great.

Besides that, I don't own DX7, but the Synthwave producer in me demands it.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Modular V (because it was the first, and I learned so much about modular synths with it).
Matrix V (I waited so long for a Matrix-12 emulation that, even despite this not being as faithful as I would like, it was already one of my favorites).
Fairlight and Synclavier. They offer so much in terms of possibilities of sample mangling and combining samples with FM and additive (in the case of the Synclavier), that I immediately reserved a special place for them
Buchla and Synthi (for the same reasons I still like the Modular V).
DX7 V and CZ V, because these replaced two of my beloved hardware synths.
Mellotron, because it allows samples to sound different (gives them a different perspective).
And Pigments, because it can do (almost) everything.
Fernando (FMR)

synclavier then buchla easel then pigments

Pigments, with the recent granular additions is hands down one of the best synths out there from any developer.

fmr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:10 pm Modular V (because it was the first, and I learned so much about modular synths with it).
Matrix V (I waited so long for a Matrix-12 emulation that, even despite this not being as faithful as I would like, it was already one of my favorites).
Fairlight and Synclavier. They offer so much in terms of possibilities of sample mangling and combining samples with FM and additive (in the case of the Synclavier), that I immediately reserved a special place for them
Buchla and Synthi (for the same reasons I still like the Modular V).
DX7 V and CZ V, because these replaced two of my beloved hardware synths.
Mellotron, because it allows samples to sound different (gives them a different perspective).
And Pigments, because it can do (almost) everything.
I never used the Modular V much, but I really like other synths you mentioned.

Nice to hear these encouraging comments
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Pigments for sure, but they all surprise me from time to time

I'd have to say I like all of them. They may not always be perfect copies of the originals, but the flavor they bring is fantastic. I have started going to them more in the past few months than I ever did in the past.

ARP 2600 - because I have been able to put together a handful of Poly (of all things) patches that hit the spot for me. Love it.
DX7 - because it is a fantastic recreation++. There are thousands of presets available now, and these can be hugely useful.
Matrix-12 - is a fantastic pad monster. It is also a great synth to program.
Pigments - way cool. I think I have more usable Pigments patches than any other Arturia synth
SEM - Sweet sounds from this. I spent a summer, several years ago - dinking around with this. It is also responsible for why I picked up an OB-6. The OB’s filter is inspired by the SEM (and the timbres you can draw out of it - bear this out).
Synclavier - Some incredible sounds are possible from this. It is rich in history - and knowing that Arturia worked with Cameron Jones for code, and partnership on this.. is way cool.

I have patches saved from many of the other Arturia synths - but the ones above are the ones that I really spent time programming and learning. There are tutorials which dive into details on programming these… which makes them all, fantastic learning instruments.

This may be a strange answer, but my favorite Arturia soft synth is Spark 2.

Return to “Instruments”