Arturia Keystep Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.sequencer.de/blog/arturia-k ... tion/41878

Neat. Not sure it’s for me, but yeah, I think this one will sell very well indeed.

:tu:

Yeah, it looks like a big upgrade to an already excellent piece of kit. The only problem is that it seems bigger than the old one, which will make it less portable. I am almost certain it will be too big for any of my Pelican cases, so I can't see myself getting one. But then, the changes aren't aimed at people like me anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTBUaazrV4
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Insta buy if comes in black :tu:

You'll probably have to wait for that. I grabbed a KeyStep when they were doing the limited edition black one and when I see the double-black MiniLab, I want to trade my single black one in (mine still has predominantly white keys).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

rob_lee wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:00 pm Insta buy if comes in black :tu:
+1.

I want a black model as well. I presently own two BeatStep Pros and two KeySteps in black, and must continue the trend.

With that said, I am looking forward to the product release. The KeyStep Pro will be a good sequencer for a smaller secondary DAWless setup in my studio.

Silaris wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:04 am
rob_lee wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:00 pm Insta buy if comes in black :tu:
+1.

I want a black model as well. I presently own two BeatStep Pros and two KeySteps in black, and must continue the trend.

With that said, I am looking forward to the product release. The KeyStep Pro will be a good sequencer for a smaller secondary DAWless setup in my studio.
Yeah I have a couple of Beatstep Pros and a Black Keystep here

This new keystep Pro looks like it's packed with great features BUT.... I'm deffo waiting on a black version. :tu:

Y'all I'll preorder this right now if this can play/sequence my OP-1 & multiple virtual synths at the same time.

anyone know the feasibility of that? Maybe someone with a Beatstep Pro?

& how would I connect the OP-1 to this? USB->Mac I'm thinking & have the VSTs and OP-1 on specific MIDI channels that the sequencers are on?

Yet another mini/slim keybed, why?!
My qunexus has more space for my “sausage fingers” than that...
“Pro” should contain at least 49 full size keys to begin with.
Opportunity missed.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 am “Pro” should contain at least 49 full size keys to begin with.
Opportunity missed.
Then Beatstep Pro would have bigger pads! If you wanted full size keys you'd go for the Keylab series.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 amYet another mini/slim keybed, why?!
Why not? KeyStep's is one of the most playable keyboards I've ever used.
“Pro” should contain at least 49 full size keys to begin with.
That wouldn't be very smart, as it would dig into KeyLab sales quite a bit, I imagine. Better to offer something that expands your range, not duplicates it.
Last edited by BONES on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

im not being cute here this is a real question...

what is the advantage of this over the novation sl mkiii?

seems that for around the same price the novation has 2x the sequencer tracks and a ton more control features...no?
ImageImageImage

Well, just looking at it, the Novation is a full size controller so it is nowhere near as portable as KeyStep. As for price, from what I can see, KeyStep Pro is likely to be half the price of a 49 key SL Mk III. You just have to watch a few YouTube videos to see how popular and well regarded KeyStep is - everyone seems to use them. I used to hate mini keys, because they used to be cheap and nasty things, but KeyStep is just about my favourite keyboard to play. It was a revelation the first time I tried one out in a shop.

keystep pro 49 key has a preorder price of 399, novation sl mkiii 49 is 499....so not half as expensive. ill give you the portability aspect, though one could have the opposite view about the small keys (as seen in this very thread).

im well aware of how popular the keystep/beatstep are, i almost got a beatstep myself...still...im mainly asking about features/function though, i dont count the mini keys as a pro since thats entirely subjective. it still seems to me the novation does a considerable amount more for a (relatively) small increase in price.

but...i admit i havent done a lot of looking into it, which is why im asking.
ImageImageImage

Where are you getting your price for the KeyStep Pro from? The shops I usually use aren't showing a price at all. I was just looking at the price difference between the BeatSteps and applying a similar ratio, which would have the KeyStep Pro a bit less than Au$400 while the Novation is Au$845, both on Thomann.de

ImageImageImage

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”