Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:04 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:50 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:27 pm @getdunne Can you please try to fix surge compatibility. It breaks the window and cannot be moved or closed. Maybe something in the resizing capabilities of surge? Screenshot for reference.
Windows 10
Surge works fine on my system under Unify, Ableton 10, Windows 10.
What size is surge and unify set to respectively on your setup?
Full screen for Unify and 100% (default) for Surge.

I found the bug. Unify does not like it when you try to change Surge size from default.
At 100% zoom on both surge and unify I get this: :cry:. I can't even move the sliders, it's unresponsive
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:19 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:04 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:50 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:27 pm @getdunne Can you please try to fix surge compatibility. It breaks the window and cannot be moved or closed. Maybe something in the resizing capabilities of surge? Screenshot for reference.
Windows 10
Surge works fine on my system under Unify, Ableton 10, Windows 10.
What size is surge and unify set to respectively on your setup?
Full screen for Unify and 100% (default) for Surge.

I found the bug. Unify does not like it when you try to change Surge size from default.
At 100% zoom on both surge and unify I get this: :cry:. I can't even move the sliders, it's unresponsive
What DAW are you using? And what graphics card?

Any host and the standalone has the same result. Bog standard graphics card Nvidia

focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:27 pm Any host and the standalone has the same result. Bog standard graphics card Nvidia
I am having a different issue. When I try to increase Surge to 125%, it borks the setup button and the size does not change and I can't get into setup again. And, when I close and reopen the Surge window, the graphics are corrupted. Perhaps @getdunne can look into this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:35 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:27 pm Any host and the standalone has the same result. Bog standard graphics card Nvidia
I am having a different issue. When I try to increase Surge to 125%, it borks the setup button and the size does not change and I can't get into setup again. And, when I close and reopen the Surge window, the graphics are corrupted. Perhaps @getdunne can look into this.
When I reload Surge and open it up again, everything is fine...

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm
The simplest way is always the best. Turns out upgrading to the latest build of surge has fixed the issue :D :D :D :D :D

focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:53 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm
The simplest way is always the best. Turns out upgrading to the latest build of surge has fixed the issue :D :D :D :D :D
I just updated and am having the same issue. :?

For me resizing does still futz the graphics on first try, but as with you re-opening the window fixes it. Setting unify to 125% and surge to 150% is the best for my monitor and now it doesn't break unify's window anymore.

To everyone: Thanks for the feedback regarding Surge. It seems this might be at least partially a Surge issue. I'll mention this to the Surge dev group and see where we can go with it.

getdunne wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm To everyone: Thanks for the feedback regarding Surge. It seems this might be at least partially a Surge issue. I'll mention this to the Surge dev group and see where we can go with it.
Thanks for listening! I'm surprised it's not included with unify tbh.

focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:10 pm
getdunne wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm To everyone: Thanks for the feedback regarding Surge. It seems this might be at least partially a Surge issue. I'll mention this to the Surge dev group and see where we can go with it.
Probably because Surge is continuously updated, and they would then be dependent on the ones developing Surge. The other bundled plugins have reached pretty stable releases, and aren't developed in the same pace.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:37 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:10 pm
Probably because Surge is continuously updated, and they would then be dependent on the ones developing Surge. The other bundled plugins have reached pretty stable releases, and aren't developed in the same pace.
As long as surge remains backwards compatible with presets then it wouldn't be an issue. In the same way that any other vst wouldn't be an issue. Pluginguru are proposing to make presets using commercially available synths within unify. if you don't have the synth, unify will ask you to swap out the synth for something else therefore surge is no different in this respect. They could clone the github any time and release surge pluginguru edition afaik.

On macOS Catalina, is Unify capable of wrapping non-certified/notarized (64-bit) plugins (legacy plugins, all plugins made for El Capitan, Mojave, etc. until Catalina) ?
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Before I update to the latest version, can someone clarify for me where the plugin and layer "state" saves are located? I don't want to lose them, but can find them in any library. TIA!

I'm still having trouble running a lot of MIDI FX that I normally use in Logic as AU MIDI FX, or run inside BlueCat Patchwork's AU MIDI FX as vsts, eg., Kontakt. In a recent livestream I asked about maybe trying the vst versions instead and was encouraged to give that a try. So, how exactly would I do that (load a vst not currently scanned in and identified as a MIDI FX into a MIDI Layer)? TIA!

Return to “Instruments”