Did you know that "Jenny B" is the real uncredited singer of "Corona - Rhythm of the Night" and not the fake Olga Souza

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Did you know that "Jenny B" is the real singer of Corona - Rhythm of the night and not Olga Souza which is always lipsyncing and being the face of the song? Jenny B never received any credits recording her voice to Rhythm of the Night. Instead, the wide masses believe that Olga Souza, a Brazilian model is the singer and voice of Rhythm of the Night.

Here is Jenny B singing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDKWCgHj-4

The vocals for this song were performed by Italian singer Jenny B (Giovanna Bersola), who is not credited in the single and does not appear in the music video.The woman who appears in the video and live performaces is Brazilian-born singer Olga Souza.

Here is the fake singer and model Olga Souza performing the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AwrAgNCxrU

Italian singer Giovanna Bersola (credited as Jenny B.) was One of the most popular voices of Eurodance in the 1990's. Unfortunately mostly uncredited for various commercial reasons and replaced by lipsyncing models on stage and in the videos.

So all money, royalties and credits goe to the fake singer and front face I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z8vxv7qcoY

"Giovanna Bersola provided the lead vocals for the song, who was also the original vocalist for the first hit of the euro-dance project Corona, "The Rhythm Of The Night"

https://twitter.com/tekilatex/status/10 ... 22?lang=en

dasen wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:14 pm Hey,
So all money, royalties and credits goe to the fake singer and front face I guess?
Performer's royalties go to the actual performer (assuming the contract didn't buy out those rights).

The face may get royalties for the video appearances though.

She was probably just hired to sing and that means she got paid for the job and not a dime more becuase she is'nt entitled to anything more. Just like any studio musician. The money goes to the record label and the creator of the song.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:43 pm
dasen wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:14 pm Hey,
Performer's royalties go to the actual performer (assuming the contract didn't buy out those rights).

The face may get royalties for the video appearances though.
No just becuase you're in a video doesn't mean you get any royalites. She was hired to lip sync and got paid for that and nothing more.

Daimonicon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:13 pm No just becuase you're in a video doesn't mean you get any royalites. She was hired to lip sync and got paid for that and nothing more.
I didn't write that it was inevitable, just a possibility.

It all depends on the contract.

that happened all the time then, common practice

often singers/musicians were paid a minimal session fee, or offered a percentage. Nearly always took the fixed fee (no guarantee it would be a hit)

then of course when a white label club track would get big, the label would set up a front (band/singer) and release in numbers.

so ots more black box than milli vanilli?

that's all very well ,
but then who is buried in Grant's Tomb ?..

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:06 pm so ots more black box than milli vanilli?
Hot take: nothing is wrong about any of them.

yellowmix wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:17 pm
The real milli vanilli or the fake milli vanilli?

Daimonicon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:30 pm
yellowmix wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:17 pm
The real milli vanilli or the fake milli vanilli?
There's two of 'em? :help:

I wonder which one gets the royalties ...

i thought the real ones where fakes?
you telling me theres a tribute act called "the fake milli vanilli"? :o

Milla Vanilla?

Daimonicon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:30 pm The real milli vanilli or the fake milli vanilli?
The Boney M.

There is no fake Milli Vanilli.

Billy Manila?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”