VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 pm
krankyone wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:27 pm
Smapti wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:34 pm Lion is currently on sale, actually:
https://unfilteredaudio.com/collections/sale
That is not much of a sale. I was hoping for a Plugin-Alliance crazy sale.
Maybe Xmas?
PA has started its advent calendar sale, so it's possible. However, don't expect the really low prices to return soon. Yesterday's offer included the Bax EQ at $50 - it had been down to $30 on a previous occasion.

Don’t forget they often offer things at the end like spend save $50 on any purchase of $99 or more.

Never buy from PA until the end of the sale.

I got an email from PA. LION is on sale for $99 this week ...

sureno wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:50 pm any one else having troubles using lion as after a while it seems to disengage my midi controller keyboard, lion no longer responds to key presses and neither do any instruments in the project, midi signal is being recognised by live but yet it doesn't seem to do anything, im on the latest beta of lion
I am having a problem with Lion, but it's not with the midi keyboard.

For some reason it doesn't seem to like recording with count-in within Logic. It will just make Logic crawl to a stop and have issues synchronising midi. The trouble is it's intermittent and hard to reproduce. But it has happened multiple times.

I've informed the devs, we'll see where it goes.

Just dropping in to give Lion more love. Now that it's at the end of the year I can say that (of the many instruments I bought this year) Lion is definitely my favorite. It's so good at dialing in Eurorack-style synth sounds! Amazing stuff.

After Lion (latest beta) finally got the "wide mode", I wanted to figure out whether it would be worth it to me to spend $74 ($99 minus xmas voucher) on.

I really wanted to like it, but it´s been a rather frustrating experience for me. The oscillator modes and their modulation options are as really, really good, as are the different distortion effects on offer...

... but within a few minutes I encountered a bunch of bugs (e.g. AD envelope tilt to 100 = ASIO driver goes on strike with a loud POP), usability idiosyncracies (doesn´t that step sequencer come with a zoom mode? what am I doing wrong when I can´t use it to modulate the filter cutoff with real zero slew? etc...), and filters that sound... umm... ok ("MS20"?).

There´s a lot of potential there, but right now, it would be rather frustrating for me to create a thunderous basic sound and then not being able to easily hone it the way I want. I hope I´m just doing things wrong though, I´ll give it another whirl this weekend... but I also hope it´ll get some extra love from the developers soon.

epiphaneia wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:34 am ... but within a few minutes I encountered a bunch of bugs (e.g. AD envelope tilt to 100 = ASIO driver goes on strike with a loud POP), usability idiosyncracies (doesn´t that step sequencer come with a zoom mode? what am I doing wrong when I can´t use it to modulate the filter cutoff with real zero slew? etc...), and filters that sound... umm... ok ("MS20"?).
I can confirm this bug with the loud pop and it was introduced in the latest beta where the out-of-sync issue was fixed. I tried to live with the workaround of going to 99,9 instead of 100.

The step sequencer should really have a zoom mode and an optional vertical grid.

nathanj wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 pm Don’t forget they often offer things at the end like spend save $50 on any purchase of $99 or more.

We’ve finally reached that point

zacha wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:53 am
nathanj wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 pm Don’t forget they often offer things at the end like spend save $50 on any purchase of $99 or more.

Yep - just bought it for $50 (+ VAT) with the $49 off $99+ voucher

Same here, $50. So far so good with the 1.1.1 beta
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 am Same here, $50. So far so good with the 1.1.1 beta
Beta??

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Where are you getting the $49 off voucher?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

simon.a.billington wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 am
krankyone wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:51 am Same here, $50. So far so good with the 1.1.1 beta
Beta??
https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:51 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 pm

Where are you getting the $49 off voucher?
OK- I resubscribed to the newsletter and got the voucher! I wasnt particular blown away by LION by for 49 bucks- bought (I have the set now- BYOME, TRIAD and LION!)

The persistent gui size toggle doesn't seem to do anything on my system (Mohave, iMac) - at least in Komplete Kontrol. It would help if the button actually gave the appearance of being toggled but perhaps the fact that it doesn't indicates it is not working.

Also in Komplete Kontrol changing NKS preset doesn't update the preset name in LION.

The patch 'Probability sines' seems prone to killing the audio in the host - plus loud pop!

Return to “Instruments”