New Youtube channel - Loudness War with Warmonger

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The mic seems dubious to me, I think an upgrade is in order.
Alright then :shrug: More expenses. In fact I bough cheap-ass microphone for its stand, so I'm not losing much by scrapping it.
Aston Origin is a really solid mic for not much money
o.O

I was thinking about Rode NTA1-Kit - it's very popular and on the lower end of "pro" microphone price tag, as it seems.
what cheap ass cams you guys suggest for live streaming?
Well, I'm using Logitech C920. It wasn't expensive and it has already better image quality than I need (in daylight conditions).
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

:tu: ill have a look at that one thanks.

as for the rhode dont know that particular model, but id like to think rhode wouldn't put their name on shite.

Burillo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:59 pm i've watched through the first video. your speech sounds like you were recording it on Skype through a dialup connection - LOADS of noise reduction artifacts (characteristic "underwater" sound) and general audio quality is very bad. please buy a proper mic :)

EDIT: i can see there's an actual mic there. well, either bring it closer, or check its orientation, or... well... do something!
+1

With the combination of your accent and the poor quality I almost can't understand a word. but i think it's not so much the microphone quality itself but the data compression setting that you choose for the video. Sounds like very highly compressed in terms of data rate.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:57 pm I was thinking about Rode NTA1-Kit - it's very popular and on the lower end of "pro" microphone price tag, as it seems.
Seems fine. Includes a Rycote style shock mount it seems: I much prefer Rycotes to cradle style mounts, so that gets a thumbs up from me.

:borg:

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:57 pm

I was thinking about Rode NTA1-Kit - it's very popular and on the lower end of "pro" microphone price tag, as it seems.

You won't go wrong with that. Great mic, got one and use it a lot. Verrrrry low noise. Don't take my word for it though...

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/rode-nt2000-nt1a

Thank you, already ordered Rode NTA1-Kit in the morning. Hopefully that will fix my issues.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

CableChannel wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:18 pm With the combination of your accent and the poor quality I almost can't understand a word. but i think it's not so much the microphone quality itself but the data compression setting that you choose for the video. Sounds like very highly compressed in terms of data rate.
Yes.

1. Please, look at me when you are talking to me. You can look aside from time to time. But doing it all the time... Please, no. (It's about the first video mostly with a big head. When your face is small and you are demonstrating something it's not important.)

2. Don't gesticulate too much. It's an art, people learns to do it right.

3. Your cap is amazing, it's not from foil, it's good, but it would be better to take it off.

warmonger.png

P. S. Sorry, I don't want to be rude, so if I am... sorry. Being Youtuber isn't an easy task. And forget about your dream of a grocery. Not now. May be, later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i liked the hat :hihi:

early days, no one hits the ground running doing something new.

let's see/hear the sound first, then we will worry about framing shots and such.
1 step at a time! 8)

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:46 pm let's see/hear the sound first, then we will worry about framing shots and such.
1 step at a time! 8)
You, vurt, are always right.

:o
i wouldn't go that far :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:44 pm i liked the hat :hihi:
What's not to like about a hat that can translate the power of the mind into enough electricity to power a bulb?

Return to “Production Techniques”