EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

toonertik wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:41 pm
Lexx1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 pm Hello all. I have reached out to ClubHouseKey,

PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP ME!
Hi Lexx1.
I feel your pain.. I'm still on win7 so have not had experience of this, however.. I will have a look through the scripts and see what others are doing.

My initial thoughts would be to uninstall the drivers through "driver manager" and then remove the card and reboot... then re-install the card and start from scratch...
BUT... this might not be the way on win10...

I will do what I can... give me a couple of days or so.
Move Installation to C: not c:/temp 8)
Last edited by Gladiathor on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexx1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 pm Hello all. I have reached out to ClubHouseKey, but he hasn't been online in a while, so no reply. I put a post on here looking for help, but no reply. I have been trying to get my Windows 10 64Bit computer to work with this EMU E DSP script, and I have experienced pure aggravation for months! I've tried changing the script names to both "E-MU E DSP" and that has not fixed my red text error in safe mode Powershell. Attached is a image of the outcome of the powershell script being run in safe mode. Can anyone in here decode this error? I have tried the ClubHouseKey method, running the script in safe mode. I have also tried running the script without going to safe mode, and also another method where I install the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 driver through device manager. I've tried everything, I don't know what else to do! The methods will work for a few minutes, I'll have audio working and everything, but then the meters fill to the top in yellow and my audio stops and the computer freezes (picture of Patchmix DSP attached). Has anyone else in here had this script work on their computer with the same setup as mine? If so, how exactly did you get it to work on your computer? I am really desperate for a solution! I haven't been able to record audio for months, I need to get back to work!

Below is my computer information for anyone who may need a little bit more info.

System Information

------------------
Time of this report: 11/26/2019, 10:03:06
Machine name: DESKTOP-SUQFKG9
Machine Id: {8F8630E9-74D5-46C3-8E86-F9A1D323D33F}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B450 AORUS ELITE
BIOS: F5 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32716MB RAM
Page File: 6394MB used, 31185MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode
Move installation Patch to C: not C:/temp

Gladiathor wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:48 pm
Lexx1 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 pm Hello all. I have reached out to ClubHouseKey, but he hasn't been online in a while, so no reply. I put a post on here looking for help, but no reply. I have been trying to get my Windows 10 64Bit computer to work with this EMU E DSP script, and I have experienced pure aggravation for months! I've tried changing the script names to both "E-MU E DSP" and that has not fixed my red text error in safe mode Powershell. Attached is a image of the outcome of the powershell script being run in safe mode. Can anyone in here decode this error? I have tried the ClubHouseKey method, running the script in safe mode. I have also tried running the script without going to safe mode, and also another method where I install the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 driver through device manager. I've tried everything, I don't know what else to do! The methods will work for a few minutes, I'll have audio working and everything, but then the meters fill to the top in yellow and my audio stops and the computer freezes (picture of Patchmix DSP attached). Has anyone else in here had this script work on their computer with the same setup as mine? If so, how exactly did you get it to work on your computer? I am really desperate for a solution! I haven't been able to record audio for months, I need to get back to work!

Below is my computer information for anyone who may need a little bit more info.

System Information

------------------
Time of this report: 11/26/2019, 10:03:06
Machine name: DESKTOP-SUQFKG9
Machine Id: {8F8630E9-74D5-46C3-8E86-F9A1D323D33F}
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B450 AORUS ELITE
BIOS: F5 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32716MB RAM
Page File: 6394MB used, 31185MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode
Move installation Patch to C: not C:/temp
Hello. Thank you for your reply. I just tried that and I'm still getting the same red text error in Windows powershell.

Hi, try opening the script with notepad, copy / paste and enter it in powershell in safe mode. I solved it this way because the script didn't work for me.

Gladiathor wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:32 pm Hi, try opening the script with notepad, copy / paste and enter it in powershell in safe mode. I solved it this way because the script didn't work for me.
Hello Gladiathor. I've already mentioned in one of my comments that I have ran the script in safe mode. Thank you though.

Hello everyone, hope all is well! Installing this script requires you to first uninstall all EMU drivers, which I have done each time. I was curious to see if there were still some remains of drivers still left on my computer even though I have uninstalled them all. When I went into registry editor, I found some EMU driver keys still there. Could this be causing the red text error that I'm receiving in PowerShell while trying to run the script? If so, how can I delete all of these keys? And is there anywhere else that I can check for remaining EMU drivers? Can someone who is absolutely sure please answer this question. Thank you all in advance!

Lexx1
And is there anywhere else that I can check for remaining EMU drivers?
Try to search for the program👀✨ "driver-sweeper-3-2-0-en-win"

vovi wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:08 pm Lexx1
And is there anywhere else that I can check for remaining EMU drivers?
Try to search for the program👀✨ "driver-sweeper-3-2-0-en-win"
Thank you so much Vovi! I installed it and ran it. It got rid of all of the remaining EMU drivers. But when I reinstalled the Beta driver and ran the script in safe mode again, I got the same red script. But thank you so much for that Vovi, it's a very useful program!

Lexx1 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:03 pm
I am still on win7 so have no first hand experience here...
but since your last post on Nov 18th in the other thread another guy has contributed some details of his experience with win10...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=529349&start=15

Hope there is something there that can assist you.

toonertik wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:18 pm
Lexx1 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:03 pm
I am still on win7 so have no first hand experience here...
but since your last post on Nov 18th in the other thread another guy has contributed some details of his experience with win10...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=529349&start=15

Hope there is something there that can assist you.
Hello Toonertik, that was the thread that I left from and was told I could probably get some assistance from this thread. I saw that last message and followed the instructions to a T, and still experienced the same red text in powershell. I appreciate the info though, thank you!

Thanks to the OP and others for the critical post. I've been pushing away the Windows 10 update for months, and it finally snuck in a couple of weeks back, rendering my 1820m/PatchMix unusable. The work here has enabled this hardware to live on.

Thank you.

My system stopped working after Windows 10 updated from version 1809 to 1903 with the error "You don't appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware...". This procedure with the script WORKED AMAZINGLY WELL. Well done!!!

The only issue was that the name of the device on my system did not match that on the script. The script had "E-MU E DSP Audio Processor (WDM)" and my system showed a dash (-) between E and DSP as follows: "E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM)". Once I updated that to match my system, the process worked like a charm. I also had to change the execution policy to allow the script to execute.
First, do a Get-ExecutionPolicy -list to see your current settings then:
Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted
and then
Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted -scope Process

This allowed the script to run. Make sure to restore your policy to its original state to protect your PC.

@ClubHouseKey Big thanks 8)

Hello everyone, does anyone know how to load emu effects on a daw? Cubase, reaper for example. I read there that the latest version of the dsp patchmix does not have the emu power fx which is the vst to insert into the daw. I'm interested in reverb and some other things.

l_maseroni wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:21 pm Hello everyone, does anyone know how to load emu effects on a daw? Cubase, reaper for example. I read there that the latest version of the dsp patchmix does not have the emu power fx which is the vst to insert into the daw. I'm interested in reverb and some other things.
As technology moved on, Power FX became incompatible with DAWs - it stopped working a long time ago.

The FX are still available in Patchmix - perhaps you can do some ASIO routing to make them available.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”