Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scotty wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 am To my ears you've nailed it.
I didn't make that video :lol:

In my eyes, he screwed it ;)

cptgone wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:09 pm
In my eyes, he screwed it ;)
Boom tish.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Reefius wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:51 pm
I didn't make that video :lol:
Well damn.. I've given you the credit and even mentioned your name on the youtube comments... that's funny I'll edit it out. :-)

This is a fantastic synth, I love the distortion on it and the sound is just ACID!!!! I don’t much care for 1:1 emulations i just want acid and it sounding good which this delivers. Iv already re worked all my latest tracks to include this unit and as someone coming from actually making tracks for release as opposed to just studying sounds and critiquing them this is a superb unit

sureno wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 am This is a fantastic synth, I love the distortion on it and the sound is just ACID!!!! I don’t much care for 1:1 emulations i just want acid and it sounding good which this delivers. Iv already re worked all my latest tracks to include this unit and as someone coming from actually making tracks for release as opposed to just studying sounds and critiquing them this is a superb unit
I am pretty sure that there are a more than a few of us who release tracks and make a go of it here... regardless I agree it sounds great in its own right. I just like a little darker filter and it is easy to adjust it so why not tune it to taste? or leave stock it suits you out of the box. No harm no foul.

I have no doubt there are many who release tracks, I was just saying there is no reason to knock the sound of this synth in anyway as it performs just as it should for a 303 emulation, anything said imo would surely just be said as a Personal preference feature request, rather then critique of it as you have agreed it sounds great. So I suppose my comment was aimed at those saying it’s not good enough to be considered a 303 clone because of XYZ, which I am baffled to see in this thread. Out of curiosity and owing most of the 303 emulations both HW & SW, which one do you use/have that ticks the correct box sonically in your opinion?
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:29 am
sureno wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 am This is a fantastic synth, I love the distortion on it and the sound is just ACID!!!! I don’t much care for 1:1 emulations i just want acid and it sounding good which this delivers. Iv already re worked all my latest tracks to include this unit and as someone coming from actually making tracks for release as opposed to just studying sounds and critiquing them this is a superb unit
I am pretty sure that there are a more than a few of us who release tracks and make a go of it here... regardless I agree it sounds great in its own right. I just like a little darker filter and it is easy to adjust it so why not tune it to taste? or leave stock it suits you out of the box. No harm no foul.

The closest I got to real hardware 303s for any length of time were software until TD 3. I started with Rebirth, Tau and then the Abl. I have a Volca Bass which isn’t at all the same but it has its own charm. If I had to choose , the Abl sounds like my idea of what an acid bass synth should be like but I am not a purist and I haven’t tried them all. There is also a 303 emulation on the creamware DSP system which has a nice bite and gets in the ball park . I use that when I power up that rig. I have also tried various Reaktor emulations but didn’t stick with any of them. The TD 3 does have a slide programming difference compared to the real deal which is likely causing some of the negativity.... that and a general Behringer bashing mentality which is prevalent.

Curious, when I mentioned I reworked some of my tracks it was because I generally lay them out using ABL 2 (I also own 3 but prefer 2) For ease of use. I matched the settings and the behringer took the crown, also the TD-3 has an app to adjust certain parameters, however I think slide isn’t one of them
Scotty wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 am The closest I got to real hardware 303s for any length of time were software until TD 3. I started with Rebirth, Tau and then the Abl. I have a Volca Bass which isn’t at all the same but it has its own charm. If I had to choose , the Abl sounds like my idea of what an acid bass synth should be like but I am not a purist and I haven’t tried them all. There is also a 303 emulation on the creamware DSP system which has a nice bite and gets in the ball park . I use that when I power up that rig. I have also tried various Reaktor emulations but didn’t stick with any of them. The TD 3 does have a slide programming difference compared to the real deal which is likely causing some of the negativity.... that and a general Behringer bashing mentality which is prevalent.

sureno wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:50 am Curious, when I mentioned I reworked some of my tracks it was because I generally lay them out using ABL 2 (I also own 3 but prefer 2) For ease of use. I matched the settings and the behringer took the crown, also the TD-3 has an app to adjust certain parameters, however I think slide isn’t one of them
Abl 3.2.2 is as authentic as it gets , the accent, the resonance is lightyears ahead of abl 2.0
If you prefer abl 2.0 , then I guess you never even had any hands on experience with a real 303 , no wonder you prefer the behringer over abl 2
My 2 cents
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Lol keep your 2 cents bud it has absolutely no relevance on why I prefer abl2, wonder why you thought I would? :lol:
Iv said this before I’m not a 1:1 chaser I make music/tracks not comparisons for people in clubs to listen too
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:49 am
sureno wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:50 am Curious, when I mentioned I reworked some of my tracks it was because I generally lay them out using ABL 2 (I also own 3 but prefer 2) For ease of use. I matched the settings and the behringer took the crown, also the TD-3 has an app to adjust certain parameters, however I think slide isn’t one of them
Abl 3.2.2 is as authentic as it gets , the accent, the resonance is lightyears ahead of abl 2.0
If you prefer abl 2.0 , then I guess you never even had any hands on experience with a real 303 , no wonder you prefer the behringer over abl 2
My 2 cents

sureno wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:03 am This is a fantastic synth, I love the distortion on it and the sound is just ACID!!!!
Agree! Pure Acid I love the sound, cost cheaper than a cheap soft synth too :party: :tu:

Anyone in the US get one yet? Sweetwater and MusiciansFriend still have preorder up. MF actually moved the shipping date from january to march recently. :-o

...guessing the non-response is a 'big negatory' to my question.

VitaminD wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:05 am Anyone in the US get one yet? Sweetwater and MusiciansFriend still have preorder up. MF actually moved the shipping date from january to march recently. :-o
Only people I’m aware of in the US that have them ordered from Thomann. I got in on the Sweetwater pre-order pretty early, but expecting late Jan or Feb delivery. Which is fine for me... plenty to keep busy with for now. :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”