December Contest: Submissions "Noise"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Noise:

What is it?
Do a track about what you think noise is, but the track must have noise in it some sort.

3 min time limit

Submitted by 23:59 Saturday, December 28 .

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 .ogg (.Wav .Flac) format.
In use of Wav or Flac, you need to offer Mp3 also, so people can choose.

2 - 3 min time limit.

3 - Entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by 18:00. (Swedish TIME ) Saturday, December 28 .

5 - Your entry(s) must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry(s) must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1909_MonDieu_OxygeneXVII.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - Resubmission of your track is allowed in the same post, so long you do it before the voting begins.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m, October 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to hellfog.
Last edited by Hellfog on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In the spirit of "TURN OFF THAT NOISE!" I present to you "Have Yourself a Hair Metal Christmas." :D I recommend the biggest speakers possible for that authentic stadium hair metal experience.

MP3 DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ziz6O ... lbOz9_VSUe

Instruments:
-Agile AL-3200MCC with DiMarzio Transition pickups, played through a 1984 Rockman X100 and 1988 Rockman Sustainor 200 + Peavey EQ-215 + 1989 Rockman Stereo Chorus
-Carvin BK40 4-string kit bass played direct to the board
-Custom built Stradivarius-model cello recorded through a Rode NT1 large diaphragm condenser mic
-Hand-sequenced MIDI drums and Steinway grand piano

Players:
-Me (Taylor Rhodes) on everything

Hardware, DAW and plugins:
-2011 MacBook Pro 11"
-Yamaha AG03 USB mixer interface
-Logic Pro X
-All stock plugins with exception of the "sforzando" sampler

Samples:
-Logic Pro X and expansion packs
-TheMetalKickDrum.com (free) with my own tweaks
-SGM V2 soundfont (free)

Composer:
-Hugh Martin, original song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (1943)

Arranger:
-Me

Influences, derived from musical experiences of 2019:
-Boston (always)
-Dream Theater's "Distance Over Time" album
-Def Leppard
-Motley Crue
-Twisted Sister
-Toto
-Sunstorm

#keepthenoisealive
#80srockisntdead
Last edited by eicca on Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

You mean January 1st? For voting
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

You vote from 18:00 PM, 28 Dec to 2 Jan.

New contest 1 Jan

I don't have a serious contribution this time. Just this silly thing. But you wanted noise? You got it!

These are old analog recordings, digitized and mixed together especially for this contest. I hope that is allowed. If not, feel free to disqualify. ;)

It starts off with a very early recording from 1978. Back then I had no idea how to create music so all I could record was... noise. :D The whole thing goes on for 11 minutes so this is a heavily abbreviated version.

Equipment: Akai tape recorder with built-in delay (most multiple head tape recorders could do delay if you knew how).
Wind noise: Darth Vader-ish breathing into a microphone, slowed down to half speed.
Squeeking noise: Scraping the strings of my Dad's acoustic guitar.
Wood noise: Knocking on the aforementioned guitar (and on various other wooden objects which I don't quite remember).
Howling noise: Microphone feedbacking and moving fast near the speaker.

The middle section is from 1985, played on my Korg MS-20.
By then I was able to make music but for this piece I chose not to. Instead I made this odd impression of a conversation between two people.

Ghost Town

mountainmaster wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:46 pm I don't have a serious contribution this time. Just this silly thing. But you wanted noise? You got it!
+1

Random Thoughts

HW:
Charvel guitar, Std-D DIY 'Fire' strat, 'Swamp' DIY Strat Alesis solo tube pre, Shure beta58, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Rocktron Chameleon, Electro Harmonix Soul Food, DigiTech FreqOut, Waldorf Rocket
SW :
Minimogue VA, NI Bandstand, NI Battery, NI Massive, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Trilogy, Fusion Field, Nuclear Cranium

So, then, here..... where?

No_Iz3

Ableton Live Intro/ 2 noisy presets from Pigments2 / Trk01 through Komplete Kontrol / 3 samples of my own making some 15 years ago of a fan and a sample from the Rektchordz house shift / Neutron elements on all channels with some Izotope trash / Valhalla / Revplate / Raum/ DLYM for FX

Eat shizzle;

or hear noize
No Iz3

PS: this was made after reading this just this afternoon and wanted to do something on the spot. Nothing high-flyerish or something. Just happy to be back in the saddle

PSPS: Now a downloadable link; with thanks to the tugger!
Last edited by mystahr on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

deleted
testing one two
testing one two . . .
Last edited by Mister Natural on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

OK, thought I would submit something as I had a few ideas for 'noise'. I Googled "most annoying sounds" and came up with a few that I integrated.

Shut Up (Download Link)

https://soundcloud.com/user-414209584-794055340/shut-up

Instruments used:

Arturia Synthi-V
Arturia Pigments
Sonic Charge uTonic
U-he Hive

Effects used:

Various effects from Ableton Live
iZotope Trash
Native Instruments Replika

Samples used (all from https://freesound.org):

Car alarm
Chalk on chalk board
Woman screaming
Last edited by Forgotten on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'd Like To Die

DAW's
Tracktion 7
Reason 3

Instruments
Yamaha acoustic guitar

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2 & Keys
Tracktion 4-Band EQ, Compressor, Phaser, Reverb, Delay & Low/High Pass Filter
PhreePhuzz
TDR Feedback Compressor & Nova
TAL Reverb 2 & Chorus
Dead Duck Filter, Limiter, BitCrusher, Tremelo & Overdrive
Sampletank 3
Wider
OldSkoolVerb
kHs Delay
FiltR
iZoptope Vinyl
mdaEPiano

Various Freesound samples:-
318617__limitsnap-creations__creepy-atmosphere
400386__brian1967__dramatic-sfx
401915__bastardwrio__disturbing-screams
427807__amoyssiadis__tense-and-disturbing-background-madness
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

it’s up thur somwhur...
Last edited by mystahr on Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is called SmallFilm, for reasons.

>> ogg vorbis <<
>> mp3 <<

Sound organiser: tracktion waveform
Sound sources: angelina, vinyl, chimera, vurtbox, tal-noisemaker, optik
Sound manipulators: glaceverb, dragonfly reverb, multilens, metallurgy, tape dust, tal-dub-3, drive, master mix

I'm trying to learn my new DAW, Reaper. Everything takes ten times as much time as it usually does in Cubase.

https://soundcloud.com/per_bellener/191 ... tnotsolong
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Incense Of Distortion

MP3

WAV

Omnisphere, Evolve Mutations, Ozone 9

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... 20vurt.mp3

a cat, a cough, a guitar, a sink, some beef (frying). recorded via samsung shite phone.
fed to morphagene.
fed to prism and supercell.
fed to guitar rig.
fed to you via samplitude mp3 conversion.

2 mins of noises.

Return to “Music Cafe”