Christmas GAS: looking for a new synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:08 am Komplete Select for $99 that includes Massive X and Monark would be tasty.
It's the original Massive in the Komplete select product,
Massive X is in the full Komplete. But Massive is a different beast,
and has the work of many sound designers over many years,
getting the very best out of it,
still an amazing instrument.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
V0RT3X wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:00 pm I love industrial sounds, you can check my soundcloud out and hear some of the stuff i like to make.

Dune3 is great, it has a solid sound and it's fairly easy to use. That said if you want something a bit more "modular" for sound design, then I would check out Phaseplant. I don't own it, but i was demoing it and found it to be a pretty nice solution for someone who doesn't own a shit load of synthesizers.
You have really interesting sounds in your soundcloud.
I'll take a look at the Phaseplant demo, it seems interesting, I probably join the challenge.
BBFG# wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:37 pm Funny, all those NI products for $99. are the ones I never use in Komplete.
So for that matter, I would suggest their free Komplete Start instead.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ete-start/ (https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/)
I already have great free plugins, it's not what I'm looking for.
As for everything related to NI, I prefer to avoid it at the moment. I know they have everything and great quality, but it doesn't make me excited.
BlackWinny wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:14 pm Buy a true piano.
It is really a great idea, but it is better that my wife does not see how my hardware grows. Low profile.

Thank you very much to all who are participating in the thread, they are very helpful since I do not know the market too much, I am reviewing all your suggestions and testing demos.
Dune 3 remains the winning horse. But Hive 2 and Rapid are also very interesting.
What is special about Rapid layers?
"What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?"

Christmas GAS ?

I suggest you these two awesome synths :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praSugwE3mo

YES, they are also for adults !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

You could take a look at Viper, which is a Virus emulation.
Sugar Bytes Cyclop is a pretty agressive synth albeit with a focus on wobble stuff.
Voltage modular has an emulation of the ms-20 filter and osc and the Vult modules have pretty aggressive filters. (I don't like the MS-20 emulation from Korg).
Reaktor also has some pretty agressive synths (like e.g. a polyvoks emulation) but it will take time to go through them as it is a rabbithole.
These are pretty agressive synths so imo these might have a better fit with Industrial.
(Not an Industrial expert; just trying to help).

Of your suggestions, I would pick Dune 3, but I consider this more a trancy synth.

I am looking for presets, which inspire
Everything from u-he, so Hive 2
simplicity / workflow, for general purpose.
Dune 3.

Have both, both are great, Hive is rather complex (for me), Dune 3 is more on the "go-to" side, instant gratification, my favorite.

Return to “Instruments”