Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

The Surge Synth Team is happy to announce Surge 1.6.4!

Surge 1.6.4 fixes the final set of MPE features needed to have a full correct
MPE implementation. The synth now supports Release Velocity modulation, and
the sustain pedal works correctly in all channel mapping modes.

Accompanying those changes, Roger Linn has shared a collection of Surge
patches which show the power of Surge and his Linnstrument. You can see Roger
demonstrating the patches in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-mKyShEvKg&t=183s
and will find his presets in the library when you install 1.6.4.

But that's not all! 1.6.4 also contains a collection of EDM patches and wavetables
from producer and new contributor Damon Armani, changes to the distortion effect,
fixes a collection of small bugs in the UI, and improves error reporting in cases
where something goes wrong. And finally we've started a YouTube channel where
we will collect and occasionally post videos about Surge.

1.6.4 is our last release of 2019. As always, please share bug reports on our
GitHub or Slack. And finally, hope you and yours have a safe, peaceful, and musical
new year.
Last edited by baconpaul on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again. Off to download.
rsp
sound sculptist

thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!

Thank you very much indeed for everyone's hard work! You won't get rich but surely covered in glory and gratitude.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:34 pm Thank you very much indeed for everyone's hard work! You won't get rich but surely covered in glory and gratitude.
Thanks all! Just an FYI - we have a report that the installers aren’t working properly in macOS Catalina. I have been hold off on the upgrade until I shipped 1.6.4 but will upgrade and try and fix it in the next couple of days, so we may have a Catalina only 1.6.4.1 before the New Years. For now, along with many other music software folks it seems, I suggest you don’t upgrade. If you do upgrade there’s a prescription where you can git clone the contents which are misinstalled. But that’s not great obviously.

Here's the prescription if you are on Catalina

https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/su ... S-Catalina

We released 1.6.4.1 this morning. 1.6.4.1 is the same synth engine as 1.6.4, but we have resolved the macOS Catalina Install bug which was identified (literally) as we were finishing up the 1.6.4 release. We also renamed and expanded a couple of the new content packs and fixed a couple of minor graphics glitches we caught. Especially if you installed 1.6.4 on a systen which was recently upgraded to Catalina, we recommend you install 1.6.4.1. Have fun!

You're setting the bar pretty high for both commercial and freeware developers 8)
Looking forward to Surge in the coming months and years :hyper:

Fantastic! Thanks a lot.

Great work!!!

Thank you!

Thanks for all your work with this synth :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Hi. I'm having trouble installing the latest version on windows 10.
Running the .exe simply won't do anything at all, I tried disabling the firewall and windows defender but so far nothing changed.
I also found that parawave's rapid has the same issue.
Both surge and rapid installers work just fine at home, but I can't install them at work.
Any idea why that happens?

tapekiller wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 am Hi. I'm having trouble installing the latest version on windows 10.
Running the .exe simply won't do anything at all, I tried disabling the firewall and windows defender but so far nothing changed.
Both surge and rapid installers work just fine at home, but I can't install them at work.
If at work means that you're an employe your user rights is lower than home. You have to speak with someone on the it-department.

Saffran wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:49 am
tapekiller wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 am Hi. I'm having trouble installing the latest version on windows 10.
If at work means that you're an employe your user rights is lower than home. You have to speak with someone on the it-department.
That's not the case, I have my own pc in my studio room, and I have admin rights over the machine.
Thanks anyway for the suggestion, though.

I solved my issue. The answer was right under my eyes, I just had to enable programs coming from other computers in the file properties, general tab, at the bottom... and here I was, ready to mess with everything else.

Have you looked into the missing gui problem in energyxt? I cant find any information about it on github
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”