"Laramie '68" by Blindcrake [ambient guitar, a little IDM]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some guitar explorations today in the garage after I called off from work... thanks for listening!

https://soundcloud.com/blindcrake/laramie-68

Always have a thing for ambient guitar, very nice! A bit of piano with a lot of reverb and a bit of delay might fit.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

thedeadsoul wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:27 am Always have a thing for ambient guitar, very nice! A bit of piano with a lot of reverb and a bit of delay might fit.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
Thanks Adi!

What a beautiful piece. Absolutely love this, fantastic work! :tu:
Love the picture too. Fits the mood.
You have a new follower :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:26 pm What a beautiful piece. Absolutely love this, fantastic work! :tu:
Love the picture too. Fits the mood.
You have a new follower :wink:
Hey thanks jethro!

That's really great sounding stuff. Real nice mood piece.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:14 pm That's really great sounding stuff. Real nice mood piece.
Hey thanks Tele, I followed you back on Soundcloud!

I think this has a similar vibe to some of the guitar tracks on David Sylvian's Gone to Earth album. That's one of my favourite '80s albums, so this is a good thing, imho. Great sounds and atmosphere.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:11 am I think this has a similar vibe to some of the guitar tracks on David Sylvian's Gone to Earth album. That's one of my favourite '80s albums, so this is a good thing, imho. Great sounds and atmosphere.

Thanks so much! I haven’t heard Sylvian’s name since I was a teen and not familiar with his work... will check out. :)

black tea and codeine ...
feverish , a lucid dream ...

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:52 am black tea and codeine ...
feverish , a lucid dream ...
codec_spurt wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:23 am I'm hearing Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew all over them but neither were on the first album and only Fripp was on Gone to Earth (which I already knew).
It's funny... as a teen, I was 99.99% prog, almost exclusively listened to Rush with a lot of Yes thrown in. I knew of Fripp and Belew, respected them a ton but listened to them very little. Interestingly, though, seeds for ambient were planted back then because my guilty pleasure was U2 and f*cking adored The Unforgettable Fire (Eno and Lanois, of course...)

Fast forward to 2002, my band had already broken up, and I hear this song that's blowing my **MIND** in the other room on the TV (one of those satellite/cable music channels). It's a band called Porcupine Tree and became obsessed.

Which of course helped me to (re)connect with ambient and re-discover Fripp and Belew and just a boatload of post rock and drone and IDM and a bunch of other stuff too. And of course, posts like this remind me there are cats from my teens that I had totally forgotten about like Sylvian and Henry Kaiser that I need to reconnect with.

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:03 am
seismic1 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:11 am I think this has a similar vibe to some of the guitar tracks on David Sylvian's Gone to Earth album. That's one of my favourite '80s albums, so this is a good thing, imho. Great sounds and atmosphere.

Gone to Earth is right up there in my little collection of David Sylvian CD's.

Brilliant Trees would probably be my top.
I think most of Sylvian's back catalogue from Brilliant Trees to Snow Borne Sorrow (Nine Horses) is worth repeated, frequent listening.
codec_spurt wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:23 am Just had a look who was doing guitar duties on Sylvian's first album (Brilliant Trees) and his third album (Gone to Earth).

I'm hearing Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew all over them but neither were on the first album and only Fripp was on Gone to Earth (which I already knew).
Phil Palmer, Fripp, Bill Nelson, B.J. Cole, David Torn, Marc Ribot, Bill Frisell, Derek Bailey are some of the guitarists that have featured on Sylvian's albums. Quite an impressive roll-call.

Return to “Music Cafe”