iZotope Break Tweaker and Stutter Edit in 2020?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

menthol wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:59 am This should help:

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... utter-Edit
did this, doesn't fix it :(

That first track has no breaks and no stuttering, just a very simple, basic and mainstream 4/4 house thing and a basic trap beat in the end. So what's the connection here? Stutteredit and Breaktweaker are highly specialized plugin alternatives to manual microediting for genres like Breakcore, Braindance and IDM.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:57 am That first track has no breaks and no stuttering, just a very simple, basic and mainstream 4/4 house thing and a basic trap beat in the end. So what's the connection here? Stutteredit and Breaktweaker are highly specialized plugin alternatives to manual microediting for genres like Breakcore, Braindance and IDM.
out of the three i only listened to IDM, and most of the music i listened to was released pre-iZotope.

i played a little with breaktweaker and it seems to be pretty cool, vintage machine expansions has some less cliched moments

IMHO both are really cool plugins - dated yes, but there are no better full alternatives for a lot of what both do AFAIK. There probably are not that many presets that are usable for what you want to do, so you have to dive in a bit and make your own presets. Together with RX and Iris, these two plugins are the iZo products I haven't found better alternatives for no matter where I looked.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:25 am IMHO both are really cool plugins - dated yes, but there are no better full alternatives for a lot of what both do AFAIK. There probably are not that many presets that are usable for what you want to do, so you have to dive in a bit and make your own presets. Together with RX and Iris, these two plugins are the iZo products I haven't found better alternatives for no matter where I looked.
Iris 2 caught my eye, might get the "nice bundle" although I have both DDLY and VocalSynth already

Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 am
metaside wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:25 am IMHO both are really cool plugins - dated yes, but there are no better full alternatives for a lot of what both do AFAIK. There probably are not that many presets that are usable for what you want to do, so you have to dive in a bit and make your own presets. Together with RX and Iris, these two plugins are the iZo products I haven't found better alternatives for no matter where I looked.
Iris 2 caught my eye, might get the "nice bundle" although I have both DDLY and VocalSynth already
But check out some videos first - it's also really dated, the only extremely cool thing about it imho is the spectral filter.

metaside wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:38 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 am
But check out some videos first - it's also really dated, the only extremely cool thing about it imho is the spectral filter.
i toyed with v1 and i remember not being extremely impressed

already have RX7 that i use constantly.. i mean, iris2 probably doesn't do anything i can't do with RX7 and a sampler?

Ploki wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:42 am
already have RX7 that i use constantly.. i mean, iris2 probably doesn't do anything i can't do with RX7 and a sampler?
I don't think so. Some things would be a bit faster of course, but RX is so much more powerful it isn't even a comparison.

There's nothing dated about Breaktweaker when it comes to its sound. It's easy enough to load samples and you can sequence the drums however you want. (I'm not sure I even know what it would mean for a plugin sampler to sound "dated" -- what makes a song sound contemporary is the sequencing and the samples, not the actual sequencer itself.) My main issue with Breaktweaker, and the reason I don't use it, is that it's absolutely brutal on the CPU. There are many other options that use a lot less processing power.

menthol wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:59 am This should help:

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... utter-Edit
did this again, now it fixed it :dog:

Ploki wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:37 pm You really never heard of billie eilish? I mean, come on!
No, I didn't. And after hearing half of that song she sings, I'll definitely try to forget her name asap. Also, it was an impossible task listening to more that 1.30 minutes of any of the songs you posted (don't take it personally).

Yet, I think you can definitely use BreakTweaker to generate similar rhythms to those.

e@rs wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:37 pm You really never heard of billie eilish? I mean, come on!
No, I didn't. And after hearing half of that song she sings, I'll definitely try to forget her name asap. Also, it was an impossible task listening to more that 1.30 minutes of any of the songs you posted (don't take it personally).

Yet, I think you can definitely use BreakTweaker to generate similar rhythms to those.
:D can you name a few artists?
Wonder if i only picked bad example or our tastes are really so far apart.

Been playing some more with BreakTweaker, some things are definitely nice i.e. drag and drop sample support and easy to layer sound with a synth.
It's also super easy to do machine gun trap hats with the stutter thing. :D

Could definitely use a GUI refresh, wish layering was less "tabbed" compared to what it is now and the whole, and it looks early 2010 "tacky".

The sequencer is super powerful and looks very easy to navigate. I never got the hang of "sequenced" drums, i tried with AudioSpillage Elecktroid and UltraBeat but it never felt right - this however looks very very promising.

Definitely worth 40€ that it was :D and some of the extra libs it came with are really cool, Retro and Vintage Machines especially.

so far so good!

I wish breaktweaker used less cpu, but it's just how it's made, it runs at very high PPQ, if a DAW used as much PPQ it would be just as costly for all instruments.
BT renders to audio every thing he makes, nothing remains in real-time, so this is to be taken into account in the intended workflow of the plugin.

I demoed the stutter edit this weekend, and wasn't impressed. Almost every effect just sounds the same to me. I bought glitch bitch and have been happy with that. The quality is better and has a much more broad range of effect sounds.

Return to “Instruments”