Yoshimi V 1.6.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just in time for Christmas we have the latest update.

Features:

For ALSA MIDI there is a search mode where Yoshimi will connect to every readable source it can find.

There has been a correction to Scales note and frequency allocation terminology.

The mixer panel format can now be changed from Yoshimi->Settings.

The CLI has additional controls, particularly in banks and roots management.

Other stuff.

We've had to do an update to allow for the change in the MXML API.

Dots and dashes in grids are now solid lines. They render much faster.

Session/State/Config management is now unified. More system settings can be changed by these files as Yoshimi instances start.

The Advanced User Manual has been significantly updated.

More details on all of these are in /doc/Yoshimi_1.6.1_features.txt

Yoshimi source code is available from either:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshimi
Or:
https://github.com/Yoshimi/yoshimi

Full build instructions are in 'INSTALL'.

Our list archive is at:
https://www.freelists.org/archive/yoshimi
To post, email to:
yoshimi@freelists.org
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I look forward to trying this on a Raspberry Pi 4B. I'm perfectly comfortable building things and it's really nice to see an Open Source project in this forum. I bet it runs great on a Pi 4. My own music keyboard system using LinuxSampler works fine on the 3B+. I built a real-time kernel to get past the kernel heartbeat issues with USB booting. A 64 bit ARM at 2.147GHz can do a lot. That's the state of overclocking on the Pi 4.

I like to eat fresh sashimi when I'm in Yoshimi streets.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Eirikur wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:35 am I look forward to trying this on a Raspberry Pi 4B. I'm perfectly comfortable building things and it's really nice to see an Open Source project in this forum. I bet it runs great on a Pi 4. My own music keyboard system using LinuxSampler works fine on the 3B+. I built a real-time kernel to get past the kernel heartbeat issues with USB booting. A 64 bit ARM at 2.147GHz can do a lot. That's the state of overclocking on the Pi 4.
It does indeed run very well on the Pi 4B and made a very compact external 'module' for a couple of my non-linux musician friends. Rather than the (poor) internal sound, I attached those tiny USB DA converters - the results are first class.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Builds perfectly for me after I install a ton of dependencies. Now I need to find some more patches for it.
I want to get something like a Zynthian box. One could map things in yoshimi to the four encoders.

Very pleased to see that :)
As a point of interest, one of Yoshimi's little band of helpers was quietly working on a very significant control enhancement over the last couple of months. It's good enough that after a 2 or 3 weeks shakedown, we'll almost certainly be jumping up to version 1.7.0 :party: :hyper:

... and now, we are up to version 1.7.1.
Whereas previously most controls were only effective on the next note played, now most are instantly effective.
Also, we now support both key and channel aftertouch.
There is a Panning Law setting, which changes the perception of moving stereo sounds.
Finally, there has been a lot of work improving the overall behaviour and responsiveness.

Oh, and being stuck indoors during this lockdown has given me time to make more Yoshimi Pi units for friends :)

Return to “Instruments”