SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

K-Bee wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:46 pm
DarkStar wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:43 pm
K-Bee wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:02 pm I got a KVR black friday mail offering 50% all Sampletank 4 versions. When I go to the site it says: Not available in your country!
(denmark)
Wtf is that all about?? We're not good enough to get the offer?
Please contact Sales Support
who can look at your Account and see what's going on. Response time generally is within 2 working days.
I have no account. I'm a potential new customer :wink:
You dont need an account for that

The freebie is for ST4SE too? Doesn't show up in my account.

You don't need an Account for that Sales Support form.

But if you do sign up for an Account, you'll get several free products (ST3 Custom Shop, AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop and T-RackS 5 Custom Shop).

If Spaceport '77 is not in your Account (there have been some problems), contact Sales Support too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I know I don't need an account in order to contact IK. I just wondered why the 50% offer applies to some territories and not others and figured somebody here have experienced a similar issue.
As for accounts, I see no reason to make one if I can't purchase the product anyway.

K-Bee wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:36 pm
As for accounts, I see no reason to make one if I can't purchase the product anyway.
But if you do sign up for an Account, you'll get several free products (ST3 Custom Shop, AmpliTube 4 Custom Shop and T-RackS 5 Custom Shop).

And maybe you can still buy it for the sale price if you just ask them. Posting here won't fix the error if they just made a mistake in their website.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I signed up and the 50% offer was there. Still, it doesn't have to do with what region you're in even though it says so on the site.
I purchased Sampletank 4 MAX USB drive/boxed as I can't be bothered to go through the tedious download and installation.
€317 which is a good deal I think :-)

Is it worth upgrading to ST4 from ST3? Right now I can get the upgrade for $69 if I include jam points (I think the sale ends tomorrow).

Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:24 pm Is it worth upgrading to ST4 from ST3? Right now I can get the upgrade for $69 if I include jam points (I think the sale ends tomorrow).
Maybe? check the videos and decide it yourself. You will be using, not us.

But what you get for 69 (keeping inmind if you will use it), yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveP32NHfS0

The new strummer, arpeggiator, effects section additions,
and acoustic guitar sounds pretty much hit the $70 zone,
plus you keep ST3 for times you want it, and those sounds
are also integrated in V4.
You're in to the next generation of sampling
across the board. And you might get the Spaceport '77 gift
for the free or paid Syntronik, a very versatile soundset,
more than the name implies. I'm very happy with the improvements.
Cheers

NOTICE. If you have NordVPN and it's activated giving you another country's IP than the one Sampletank 4 is purchased in, you cannot download the sound content. It simply son't let you access the download site. Turn off the VPN and everything works fine. Took me a while to figure that one out!

I recorded midi with another plugin dragged it to sampletank, I could bearly hear the audio at all. I recorded directly from Sampletank everything was fine there with volume, I even glued together midi file from random plugin and sampletank together, only Sampletank was audible.

what is the problem?

Windows, Reaper, newest version of sampletank 4

just tried to include my IK stuff into a new OS install. my oh my. nothing has changed. i have total studio max 2, been a user ever since sampletank 1.0. i really just wanted to use some harmless mellotron flutes in a song, but figured, hey, new system, lets see how IK is doing with their installer cleanup these days.

so, after nights of downloading 4927346932424 zip archives, manually unzipping all of them and running 3245986542864 installers, heres the status quo:

- ST3 runs "somewhat". finds 7 out of 10 patches of ST3 libraries, the rest show file not found type error messages
- legacy import (the most important thing for me) ran its course, created 40GB of ST3 converted copies of all the legacy libraries - yet they dont show up in the instrument. where this imported legacy category should be at the bottom, theres just: nothing. rebuilt database 2 times. nothing.
- syntronik is an even bigger mess. probably 30% of the patches work. the rest shows file error messages when trying to load them
- ST 4 found the ST3 content, and apparently also found the imported ST3 versions of the legacy library. yet it did not find its own content (which i find kind of hilarious at this point)
- yet, the ST3 content has the exact same problems in ST4 (lots of file error messages, especially in the syntronik area)
- and while it does show all the legacy imports that ST3 could not find, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of those cannot find their respective samples.

let me put it this way: i also have bundles from waves, UAD, fabfilter and whatnot, and the last thing i installed before this was the latest native instruments komplete collectors edition. overall, there is...er...a subtle difference in user experience.

like, i get that IK are working on a download manager (how many more years is that going to take anyway?), but man, really...we are talking basically 10 mouse clicks and then everything works (NI) versus 23984763297846329476394324324982364987236493824693286434 mouse clicks that are rewarded with complete and utter chaos here.

i understand that this is many issues at once, since the install contained all those libraries. but hey, when you offer a product like studio total max that promises exactly that, better make it work.

i submitted a ticket, but given the current anecdotes about reaction times, id also be happy to sort this out with peter.

cause i really only just wanted to load a little mellotron flute patch originally :-D :-D :-D
still no luck so far. im pretty much ready to fire up the stoneage installers and somehow jbridge my way to those patches by using the stoneage 32bit versions.

Says it all Derek

Why not just drop IK ?

I realise the money is somehow stolen

But is our time not worth more than money ?

And how about the feeling being a clown in thier cirkus ?
HM

well, fact of the matter is, i like some of the sounds. and i dont have any issue with a certain quirkyness. i.e. a great thing about ik multimedia stuff is that you dont get the "heard that before" effect (a problem with NI and spectrasonics in particular) that much. and when youve been doing this for a ridiculous amount of years and your sample library has grown into ridiculous size, "proven warriors" in your library become rather valuable if youre working on a schedule, and i just happen to have a rather precise memory of what is where and how it sounds, particularly regarding the legacy library. because i used to use that stuff very often. lets not forget that sampletank back in the day was pretty innovative, was the first to really fill a giant gap (no workstation-ish "whatever sound youre looking for, i have it" VSTIs) and also apparently had employed people with better taste in the studio, cause the ST samples certainly had more flavour and character than many of the other early all-around-library attempts of the day.

but yeah, this is a total mess. they need to get that download manager done asap. this gaffa tape chaos is pretty much unacceptable in 2020, and im sure they know that too.

the mapping with the ST4 nylon guitars is wrong (some layer is right, some two octaves down) in the upper octave in my installation. anybody else with this problem? do i have to buy some more download for the samples or is there another solution?
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Instruments”