oldschool (80s thing)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Hi, I like the vibe. It reminds me a lot of Alien 3 game on genesis. However, I think the low freq sound is a bit too loud, especially on the pedal part, so it overpowered the other sounds. I think if you play around with EQ a bit, it should overcome this issue.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

thedeadsoul wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am Hi, I like the vibe. It reminds me a lot of Alien 3 game on genesis. However, I think the low freq sound is a bit too loud, especially on the pedal part, so it overpowered the other sounds. I think if you play around with EQ a bit, it should overcome this issue.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
Fixed the low end! It's still a bit boomy, but not as much now because I took the tape emulation off the master channel.

Cheers!

Btw Genesis and SNES rock :tu:
:borg:

yup. that works! i hear the 80s vibe totally.

comments:

* the "ahh's" synth parts -- sounds a bit too preset like. maybe try tinkering with the params a bit to get it away from what the original preset sounds like.

* the tune totally works as it is. But if you want it to be more like a homage to 80s synth pop, you may need to strip it down a bit. its a little too complex in sonics (depends which part of the 80s you going after. there is a big difference between synth pop in 81 and synth pop in 87).
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Music Cafe”