Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you listen to synthesizer music?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:58 am

I am still interested in hearing someone play a synthesizer.
61%
I mainly listen to samples fed through effects to a beat.
7%
I'm just hear for the drugs and sex.
11%
fish.
20%

Total votes: 54

RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:26 pm I don't see a problem, it all adds to the colour of the place and it often gives you an interesting insight into those doing it.
Yeah, I guess that's one way of looking at it.
:tu:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

https://youtu.be/pkFccx0ycCk

Whatever George is playing, I dig that thing
Sounds like guitar tho

One of the best guitar solos and it’s a KEYTAR
ariston wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 amMy synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
Donald?
This post perfectly depicts Delusions of Grandeur.

In the States, you can be paid to stay out of the workplace behind this, it’s literally a prime qualification for a crazy check. Say exactly this to a shrink...
The one the lawyer who never loses knows...

Ask me how I know
:D

I follow Youtube channel by Ehsan Gelsi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD5I4l2zsA8

Awesome live music, which is, well... musical o.O
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The hell kind binary choice is this? I don’t listen to synth players bitch about these damn kids with their damn samples and effects if that’s what you’re asking.

jancivil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:26 am One of the best guitar solos and it’s a KEYTAR
ariston wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 amMy synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
Donald?
This post perfectly depicts Delusions of Grandeur.

In the States, you can be paid to stay out of the workplace behind this, it’s literally a prime qualification for a crazy check. Say exactly this to a shrink...
The one the lawyer who never loses knows...

Ask me how I know
:D
Which poster you addressing there? Artists have been using their conviction that they are great for many years. The keep saying it and they keep repeating it over and over again. I am pretty sure I have seen interviews with everyone from Elton John to Prince to James Brown all clearly stating they are "great" at what they do. Nothing wrong with firmly believing your own art or music is greater than everyone elses. Its what drives creative people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 am Sounds like a nightmare to me. Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music? It's what it is all about, or should be. You go to a product launch to watch people play with technology, you go to a concert to hear music.
This, and the comments that follow it just make me sad. Suzanne Ciani and Don Buchla were musical partners. His engineering designs inspired her musical expression, and what she did with his instruments pushed his designs in new directions. She is a virtuoso on modular, and has a long-lauded history of synthesizer music. I mean, come on, they don't let just anybody play at the fricken Kennedy Center!

The concert was breathtaking. Watching her play felt like being a part of musical history. I didn't mean to make it sound like a product demo. She dedicated the concert to Don, as the instrument she was playing was the last one he designed before his death.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59pm ... anne-ciani

RichieWitch wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:38 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 am Sounds like a nightmare to me. Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music? It's what it is all about, or should be. You go to a product launch to watch people play with technology, you go to a concert to hear music.
This, and the comments that follow it just make me sad. Suzanne Ciani and Don Buchla were musical partners. His engineering designs inspired her musical expression, and what she did with his instruments pushed his designs in new directions. She is a virtuoso on modular, and has a long-lauded history of synthesizer music. I mean, come on, they don't let just anybody play at the fricken Kennedy Center!

The concert was breathtaking. Watching her play felt like being a part of musical history. I didn't mean to make it sound like a product demo. She dedicated the concert to Don, as the instrument she was playing was the last one he designed before his death.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59pm ... anne-ciani
Indeed, Suzanne Ciani is a virtuoso but it's her voice that captivates me. I could listen to her talk forever.

RichieWitch wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:38 pmThis, and the comments that follow it just make me sad. Suzanne Ciani and Don Buchla were musical partners. His engineering designs inspired her musical expression, and what she did with his instruments pushed his designs in new directions. She is a virtuoso on modular, and has a long-lauded history of synthesizer music. I mean, come on, they don't let just anybody play at the fricken Kennedy Center!
So what? None of this impresses me in the slightest. Until I got Analog Lab a couple of years ago, I had never heard of Buchla, either the man or the company. It/he are little more than a footnote in synth history, which doesn't interest me anyway. I like to look forward, not back.
The concert was breathtaking. Watching her play felt like being a part of musical history. I didn't mean to make it sound like a product demo.
That's exactly what it sounds like to me. Was the music any good? You still haven't said and that was kind of my point - a concert should be about music, not about the person or the equipment or the place or the history associated with any of it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:24 am So what? None of this impresses me in the slightest. Until I got Analog Lab a couple of years ago, I had never heard of Buchla, either the man or the company. It/he are little more than a footnote in synth history, which doesn't interest me anyway. I like to look forward, not back.
Here you demonstrate only your own ignorance. Buchla invented the voltage-controlled synthesizer before Moog did, and he invented the sequencer.

Nobody cares whether things impress you or not.
BONES wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:24 am
RichieWitch wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:38 pm The concert was breathtaking.
Was the music any good? You still haven't said
And here you demonstrate intentional boneheadedness.

foosnark wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:31 pm
BONES wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:24 am So what? None of this impresses me in the slightest. Until I got Analog Lab a couple of years ago, I had never heard of Buchla, either the man or the company. It/he are little more than a footnote in synth history, which doesn't interest me anyway. I like to look forward, not back.
Here you demonstrate only your own ignorance. Buchla invented the voltage-controlled synthesizer before Moog did, and he invented the sequencer.

Nobody cares whether things impress you or not.
BONES wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:24 am
RichieWitch wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:38 pm The concert was breathtaking.
Was the music any good? You still haven't said
And here you demonstrate intentional boneheadedness.
enough flaming. go back to the off topic section with the other non-musical loser bunch.

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:16 pm :roll:
Yo, Worzel Vangelis! You do know i am one of the biggest NIN fans on the planet, right?

I am moving on to real music topics before I open up a new can of whoop and get banned ..

:lol:

why does your fandom of nin have any bearing on them being an example of synth music?

ps: when you say "new can of whoop" im sorry, i must have missed the first one :shrug:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”