DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 pm
fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:29 pm adapting to the terminology different developers use should be important to someone... whose work is all about 'technical terminology'.
No, I often have to correct wrong terms in texts.
When a company comes up with a new term, I don't care, but using an established term inappropriately is a different story.
if you say so 8)

Consider it a Japanese synth ;)

The Dimension chorus sounds very nice. So much better than the other chorus models.
Seems the chorus in Sylenth1 is also modeled after Roland's Dimension chorus (although it doesn't say so) because it sounds similar to Dune's.

However, I am not sure about the waveform of the LFO. In Dune it sounds like a square, in Sylenth1 like a sine or triangle. On the original hardware it was a triangle, according to https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ ... rus.61780/.

All the best synth chorus comes from Roland.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:09 am
e-crooner wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Yes, 8 layers without multi-timbrality is pointless overkill.
multi-timbrality in software is totally pointless
I have never tried it, but it might be useful if you use a lite version of a DAW, which allows only a very limited number of VSTi/Midi tracks.

e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 pm The Dimension chorus sounds very nice. So much better than the other chorus models.
Seems the chorus in Sylenth1 is also modeled after Roland's Dimension chorus (although it doesn't say so) because it sounds similar to Dune's.

However, I am not sure about the waveform of the LFO. In Dune it sounds like a square, in Sylenth1 like a sine or triangle. On the original hardware it was a triangle, according to https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ ... rus.61780/.
It is a triangle. Square is a rather unusual waveform for chorus effects, I don't think we have ever used it for any chorus (could be interesting though for special effects ;) ).

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

there's the same number of letters in richard and synapse, in orion (one of synapses first products) and aphex. so i'm putting my chips on the table that synapse audio is richard d james.

when aphex twin stops releasing music and instead makes software, and he was at the top of his game, it makes the entire music making industry look unprofitable. if everyone at the top of their game moved to making plugins, then it would turn into a black hole. and an excess of programming project managers would lower the value of immigrants from calcutta who went to university in squalid conditions so they could get a mediocre startup job.

Are you drunk?

Or too high...... :?

Anyway I just saw the comments on the fact that Dune 3 uses the term Voices instead of Layers.

It says "Unison Voices" on the GUI because you can use Voices to build up Unison sounds.

INIT a patch, change AMT to 8, then Adjust the Detune and Spread amounts. Boom, instant fat sound.

But the good thing about DUNE 3 is you can also have Unison in the Voices (Layers).

INIT a patch, leave AMT at 1, go to Layer 1 and increase the Density to 32 (or less just more than 1) and adjust the Detune and Spread. Boom, instant fat sound.

The good thing about the second method is now you've got 7 other Voices (Layers) to use to make a more complex sound. Trance Gate some Layers, add Arps to some Layers, use a layer for a transient attack etc etc etc.

One you get your head around that simple concept then Dune 3 becomes incredibly intuitive to program. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am
e-crooner wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 pm The Dimension chorus sounds very nice. So much better than the other chorus models.

It is a triangle. Square is a rather unusual waveform for chorus effects, I don't think we have ever used it for any chorus (could be interesting though for special effects ;) ).

Richard
If you had replied two weeks ago, I could have shown you what I mean. Now your demo version has expired. Stupid demo mode, really.

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:52 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am

Richard
If you had replied two weeks ago, I could have shown you what I mean. Now your demo version has expired. Stupid demo mode, really.
a demo that expires? what kind of crazy idea is that? :lol:

you tried it out; buy it, or get over it, and move on. what else is there?

fisherKing wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 pm a demo that expires? what kind of crazy idea is that? :lol:

That's not the point, personally I don't care. It would have been in his own interest...

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:19 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 pm a demo that expires? what kind of crazy idea is that? :lol:

That's not the point, personally I don't care. It would have been in his own interest...
if you don't care, why are you complaining on a public forum?

I am not complaining.
What does that have to do with the public forum, anyway?!

e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:55 pm I am not complaining.
Yes, you are......
e-crooner wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:52 pm Stupid demo mode, really.
Ok it's obvious Dune 3 is not for you. No need to stick around.......... :arrow:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”