UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

otristan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:47 pm it will cure the issue if you haven't save the session/preset in the meantime

Fabulous. :tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

otristan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:22 pm Next version will better handle aliasing in WT oscillator.
I found something else (a bit ironic because now is in the low end) on the Additive OSC. With an emty program and the basic sine preset, if I play C1, C#1, D1, D#1 I get some artefacts (like a noise over the fundamental) instead of a pure tone. Starting with E1 the sound is clean as expected.

I then compared with the Analog OSC, matching the levels so is not something in my audio chain and this module performs clean on the entire subsonic range. Maybe you can look into this too - unless is something that is expected from the additive module itself.

sircuit wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:48 am
otristan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:22 pm Next version will better handle aliasing in WT oscillator.
I found something else (a bit ironic because now is in the low end) on the Additive OSC. With an emty program and the basic sine preset, if I play C1, C#1, D1, D#1 I get some artefacts (like a noise over the fundamental) instead of a pure tone. Starting with E1 the sound is clean as expected.

I then compared with the Analog OSC, matching the levels so is not something in my audio chain and this module performs clean on the entire subsonic range. Maybe you can look into this too - unless is something that is expected from the additive module itself.
There was such issue but it has been fixed in 2.0.1. Are you up to date ?

Thx
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:09 am
sircuit wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:48 am

There was such issue but it has been fixed in 2.0.1. Are you up to date ?

Thx
It shows v2.0.2 in the down-left corner.

Edit: I updated to 2.0.3 and indeed the issue is gone. All good!

Can presets made in falcon be opened in uvi workstation?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

godly wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 am Can presets made in falcon be opened in uvi workstation?
Nop.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:15 am
godly wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 am Can presets made in falcon be opened in uvi workstation?
Nop.
what about the ones sold commercially?

EDIT - true! I assumed they would. Not a problem for me as I have a full license - and glad that I do :)

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am
Nop.

EDIT - true! I assumed they would. Not a problem for me as I have a full license - and glad that I do :)
Falcon expansions cannot be opened in UVIWorkstation.
UVI soundbanks can be opened as there are not tied to falcon itself although can be use in it.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 am
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am
Nop.

Falcon expansions cannot be opened in UVIWorkstation.
UVI soundbanks can be opened as there are not tied to falcon itself although can be use in it.
thanks - all the more reason to keep my Falcon license :)

I appreciated the Black Friday sale. I purchased several expansions. :)

The more I use Falcon, the more I like it. Falcon can do so much and do it so well... I find Falcon to be a fantastic complement to Zebra and Diva.

Folks, strange question maybe - in Falcon Lfo can modulate his self parameters ? )

c_voltage wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:02 pm Folks, strange question maybe - in Falcon Lfo can modulate his self parameters ? )
Right click the parameter you want to modulate - if it is modulation-enabled and you can find the LFO in the modulation options, then you can do a “recursive” modulation.

Not all params are available for modulation in falcon and I don’t remember the lfo params exactly, you have to test.

sircuit wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11 am ...and you can find the LFO in the modulation options, then you can do a “recursive” modulation.
The problem exactly that i can't find (not see) the same lfo as source in dropdown list.
Other lfo - yes i see, but not the same lfo. 8)

Then you could try setting two identical lfos, adjust them via common macro knobs and cross modulating each other.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:26 am
sircuit wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:11 am ...and you can find the LFO in the modulation options, then you can do a “recursive” modulation.
The problem exactly that i can't find (not see) the same lfo as source in dropdown list.

sircuit wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:52 am Then you could try setting two identical lfos, adjust them via common macro knobs and cross modulating each other.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:26 am
Sorry but no, the very meaning is ability to true self modulation. Can say, here an important combination of technical with aesthetic. Roughly to say, otherwise i could to do everything thru automatisation at all (or, as a similar example, use midi clips instead of self-generated modular structure). But there is a certain difference yet.

Return to “Instruments”