[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

apoclypse wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:40 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:45 am Don't know what that means, but I'm currently having a hard time with this program ( Yeah, I'm a sub, sue me ) for my number one. It's so complex. How do you actually Make music!!!!!!!!!!
Really? I've always found it to be the easiest of the "traditional" DAWs. What are you comparing it too?
Sorry man, comparing it to Reason and not trying to be a dick, just saying with all it's pluses, it's not wowing me.

Please don't get me wrong, it's a very good program, it's just from my perspective.

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:58 pm

The step sequencer is an incredibly powerful but simple tool to use. For some reason the repeat function doesn't work on triggering the audio here, and neither does the velocity.

You mean re-triggering xt-/sample one ?
It works over here
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Does Studio One have a chord and pattern generator similar to that found in Tracktion Waveform 10 ?

trusampler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm Nope it's been confirmed by both presonus and akai, that it's a presonus issue. It's only on windows that this problem exists, on Mac it works.
I can drag n drop wave files to Geist Machine etc, but again this is exclusive on windows n studio one.
It has nothing to do with admin being turned on rights either. Presonus devs n tech support, are well aware of it.
Still not fixed, thanks Presonus, for ignoring this on going bug of yours! :tu: :dog:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

luxgud wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:25 am Does Studio One have a chord and pattern generator similar to that found in Tracktion Waveform 10 ?
I don't know about Tracktion however Studio One has many options and ways in which you can access these sorts of features. 4.5 introduced new features for generating random notes, from the Macro Bar / Right Click menu's.
Large Image

Wow..just noticed that this thread has gone past the 50K mark... didn't think that would happen before the year was out...lol.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

@The INTRANCER, Thank you for taking the trouble.
Looks a little complicated compared to Tracktion's but then again Tracktion always crashes :(

mholloway wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:49 pm people who know absolutely nothing about the market of this industry like to post things like 'the market is driven by X now' and 'nobody is buying X and Y now' etc.

hint: they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
I finished up audio school in LA. I think I do....

jens wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:46 am
rmacattack wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm Presonus, Steinberg need to do a better job marketing to younger audiences for producers, engineers. You can keep going for the customer who can't keep up with the times and production styles for today's music.
No, they don't.

But what's that stink? I think you got something in your diapers there...
I think they do.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm
luxgud wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:25 am Does Studio One have a chord and pattern generator similar to that found in Tracktion Waveform 10 ?
I don't know about Tracktion however Studio One has many options and ways in which you can access these sorts of features. 4.5 introduced new features for generating random notes, from the Macro Bar / Right Click menu's.
Large Image

Wow..just noticed that this thread has gone past the 50K mark... didn't think that would happen before the year was out...lol.
Can you post about the pattern editor and compare the workflow from users who come from ableton push or mpc. Do you have any suggestions for writing top line melodies, chords inside studio one? How about doing remixes and sampling. Any tips coming from Ableton to do this in Studio One?

Ive installed the new Fat Channel VST3 versions via The Hub and activated them but none of them are showing in Bitwig, Ableton or Studio One !!!

Theres no option to install Ampire though its also supposedly now availablw as VST3

Ive checked my VST3 folder and theres PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3 but its only 48Kb in size.

Ive hunted through the usual folders and have found nothing else.

I tried installing again as Admin and still nothing

Bitwigs error report states:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: No plug-ins found
stdout:
PluginHost: Reading VST 3 plugin metadata for C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\PreSonus VST3 Shell.vst3
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Personally, I wasn't aware of this until tonight but if you are a Studio One Pro 4 user, and check your account, you'll find this... below two green buttons. Which essentially means that you have additional licenses that allows you to use these plugins within other DAWs with no additional cost.

" Your copy of Studio One 4 Pro qualifies for a free copy of Ampire, click to redeem! "

" Your copy of Studio One 4 Pro qualifies for a free copy of Fat Channel XT, click to redeem! "

___
Something that's not particularly necessary as S1 is my primary DAW...I dunno, maybe aid in the use of Davini Resolve 16 maybe...

I've not gone through the process...so don't know the lay of the land yet...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 am Personally, I wasn't aware of this until tonight but if you are a Studio One Pro 4 user, and check your account, you'll find this... below two green buttons. Which essentially means that you have additional licenses that allows you to use these plugins within other DAWs with no additional cost.

" Your copy of Studio One 4 Pro qualifies for a free copy of Ampire, click to redeem! "

" Your copy of Studio One 4 Pro qualifies for a free copy of Fat Channel XT, click to redeem! "

___
Something that's not particularly necessary as S1 is my primary DAW...I dunno, maybe aid in the use of Davini Resolve 16 maybe...

I've not gone through the process...so don't know the lay of the land yet...
What section do you see this? I do not see this in my account. Not that I would use it even if it was there...

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:07 am Personally, I wasn't aware of this until tonight but if you are a Studio One Pro 4 user, and check your account, you'll find this... below two green buttons. Which essentially means that you have additional licenses that allows you to use these plugins within other DAWs with no additional cost.

Screenshot? Not seeing this in my account, and I own Pro 4.6...

Maybe it’s the Hi-DPI settings.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:56 am

Screenshot? Not seeing this in my account, and I own Pro 4.6...

Maybe it’s the Hi-DPI settings.
There in my account.

Click Studio One 4 Professional to reveal them.

Nope, Ive tried several times.
The actual plugins arent installed and I get an activation error message.
Not ready fo the big time yet
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”