Cubase Problem - Kontakt Not Showing Up

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this in the Instruments forum but I thought it wouldn't hurt having it here as well. I updated Kontakt last week, to whatever the latest version is, and now it doesn't show up in Cubase. It still shows up OK in Orion and it isn't in Cubase's blacklist, it just doesn't show up at all. Anyone else had this problem?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Not sure but first thought is run as standalone and see if it corrects the sitch

That’s a good point. Even NI recommends running certain software as standalone to fix database issues.

Actually they say it for everything except Massive X when there was no such

Interesting, would never have thought to do that. I'll give it a whirl tonight. Thanks! If that doesn't work, I'll have to work out how to uninstall and reinstall it. I suppose I can let Windows uninstall it for me if all else fails.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Running the standalone first didn't help, uninstall/reinstall didn't either and it took more than two hours. For whatever reason, the NI servers were sloooooow last night.

1) Manually copy the .dll into the VST root folder and see if it shows up that way (ie outside of the NI folder)
2) Check it hasn’t been blacklisted by Cubase.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Switch to Mac and it’ll just work

That’s where “Copy dll to...” takes me, sorry

I'd rather be run down by a bus than have to use a Mac outside the office.
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 pm 1) Manually copy the .dll into the VST root folder and see if it shows up that way (ie outside of the NI folder)
2) Check it hasn’t been blacklisted by Cubase.
It's already in the root folder and it is definitely not blacklisted (that was the first thing I looked at).

Hmmmm, sorry out of ideas then :shrug:
Best of luck.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I got it working. It showed up in the blacklist after a restart and I was able to reactivate it. It seems to be working OK now. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

In the Cubase vst manager, you can go to the list of folders that Cubase draws your plugins from. Click on the folder that you think Kontakt is in and then hit 'rescan.'
I've had this come up many times over the years. I don't know why certain plugs don't get scanned initially, but I've found, more often than not that this solution works. YMMV of course, so good luck.

Cheers
-B

Edit:
Oops. Just saw you got it going from the Blacklist. Cool beans. Glad it worked out.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm I got it working. It showed up in the blacklist after a restart and I was able to reactivate it. It seems to be working OK now. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, your time and effort is greatly appreciated.
In Cubase, can you rescan an individual blacklisted plug-in like you can in Logic to get it to validate?

I don't know, I'm very new to Cubase. In Orion you can add any plugin that doesn't show up to a text list, which will force Orion to activate it. It makes problems like this easy to deal with.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”