FL Studio 20.6 | Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And still the same free lifetime upgrade since the year one.
LOL
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:07 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:08 am I will give FL one thing.
As a user of multiple daws I’ll never take for granted how I just download the new updates for free.

Free lifetime updates is then Best update system in the entire DAW industry.
I am just sitting here waiting for a Reaper dude to jump in and go "Reaper does that too, man!!!"
:hihi:

First-time poster, long time lurker.

I just have to say I have the biggest smile on my face when I wake up nearly every morning and realize how easy it is to make music with FL Studio. I literally wake up, spend 30 minutes on the program making beats, then get ready and head out to work in a great mood every time.

Incredible update - the last few days have made my mornings (and nights) that much better.

Also, the money saved due to the free updates have really helped expand my vst/instrument/midi controller/etc. collection. That too is much appreciated.
Last edited by JGM4Ever on Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm looking forward to see evolving of playlist (window). It's still barebone that is just used for showing the order of lined up elements. Could be used for more self-contained workflow.

tooneba wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:26 am I'm looking forward to see evolving of playlist (window). It's still barebone that is just used for showing the order of lined up elements. Could be used for more self-contained workflow.
FL Studio 20.1 started to introduce some of this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BNH0EsyuXU
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm
tooneba wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:26 am I'm looking forward to see evolving of playlist (window). It's still barebone that is just used for showing the order of lined up elements. Could be used for more self-contained workflow.

Scott the lifetime upgrade is wonderful thx for that, but are there news about stability/crash protection measures?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm Scott the lifetime upgrade is wonderful thx for that, but are there news about stability/crash protection measures?
Updating should be your first defense.

You can also Bridge troublesome plugins.

FL Studio 20.7 should make some further improvements here. We are refactoring some areas of the code known to cause issues with some 3rd party plugins. However. Put yourselves in the hosts shoes, there is an almost unlimited number of buggy plugins in the world. When they take down projects, we get the blame or people realise the plugin is causing issues, and never contact the developer and press on, becoming more and more unhappy with - the host.

On that topic this video is relevant to your interests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTj_noulxo
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Any plans to release Distructor as a VST?

OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:41 am Any plans to release Distructor as a VST?
+1 Yes please

Image-Line wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Yes, these vitalization of playlist's linking method is interesting. Especially for new "audio track" paradigm, I can see many possibility there as playlist is still primitive in this audio handling realm (compared to traditional daw), which may be able to contain/view/edit some audio (clips') properties.

Image-Line wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 pm
New Features
  • Distortion & Amp simulation - Distructor aggregates the most popular Distortion and Filter effects into a single multi-FX guitar-pedal inspired plugin.
  • Control Voltage support - Fruity Voltage Controller interfaces with external Control Voltage (CV) hardware using a DC coupled Audio Interface. Included with Fruity Edition and up.
  • Stepsequencer Euclidean rhythms - Advanced Fill Tool to explore Euclidean rhythms and new ways to get creative and break habitual beat making.
  • Internal MIDI capture - Burn MIDI to (Channel Button Right-click Menu) option records notes from the Channel's Arpeggiator, note effects or plugins that generate MIDI.
[/list]
These sound fun, have ended up with AmpliTube lately so the more the merrier. Be interesting to see someone automating the CV on the new Crave if anyone can please? Reason Alpha talking about MIDI out so this is great, hopefully they give us it for v11.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Image-Line wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 pm dating should be your first defense.
Heyyyy there were some talk about separate x86 and x64 installers... When do we see those?

Yeah, I have to say, like Pro Tools, FL Studio never crashes on me. It's been rock solid for years. The wobbly times were in the early 2000s whilst it was still young. Bridging plugins was unreliable when it was introduced (FL 10?) so I simply didn't use it. These days, the bridge is working just fine.

Image-Line wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 pm
Great update! :tu:

But I wonder if the Playlist is ignored? There are quite a few things that are needed to make the new instrument and audio track features more mature. Hopefully we will see some Playlist improvements in the next update.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 am
Image-Line wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 pm dating should be your first defense.
Heyyyy there were some talk about separate x86 and x64 installers... When do we see those?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”