korg collection updated for Mac OS X Catalina

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:10 am Korg makes awesome hardware synths, but IMO they should hire more people for the software synth department. And there are already a ton of EOL Korg synths, which would make a great VSTi. Prophecy/Z1, Triton, M3, Radias, 01w... Or they actually could make a new software-only synth in Korg quality :lol: Some workstation powersynth, or some awesome analog emulation, but with lot of LFOs, OSCs, and a 100 entry mod matrix. I guess they are afraid of piracy or something.
Korg's main competitor Roland seems to invest more in software these days.

jondl_2000 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:23 pm
dayjob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 pm
nachenko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm
dayjob wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 pm the only option i have for updating to the latest versions is to upgrade the legacy bundle to the special bundle (which includes the odyssey) that cost $49. the only installers i have ability to download are the 2017 versions on the korg usernet. there's no installers available at the new site they migrated to. just my order history and account info. shrug.

maybe i'll cough up that $49 upgrade fee when they update the GUIs. until then. nope.
What's the latest version number you are able to download? I don't have the special bundle including Odyssey and I found updated versions (1.4.1 for Polysix and MS-20)
where'd you find those?

the versions from 9/27/17

i'd have to click on each product and check version on their site since there's no bundle download.

they're all the same versions i've had since 2017 though.

some are 1.1.1 and others 1.7.1 or 1.3.1

there's no download location on the new korg site even after logging in. just my account info and previous orders. so no idea where to access the newer installers if they're even available to me. i assume if i pay the $49 upgrade tot eh new special bundle then i'll get the updates sent via email as a link. it's annoying that can't just log in and access downloads.

https://korg.shop
Account > Accout Information > Registered Products
thanks! i totally missed that. there's newer versions of all the plug ins there. no upgrade fee required :)

A bit annoying for those that purchased Korg Gadget V1 a year or so ago and need to pay again for V2 to get Catalina support
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Korg don’t seem to have much focus on customer satisfaction. I don’t know if that’s a result of ineptitude or if they just don’t consider their software products for the desktop as strong revenue streams, and thus don’t fund them very well.

I hope when they do finally get around to updating the GUIs that they will also update the sound engines. The oscillators are pretty weak in the analog emulations, other than the Odyssey. Even with a nice GUI I'm not sure I'd use the MS-20 or Polysix.

I think the sound is fine, but I don’t think anyone will disagree that the interfaces are terrible.

Only just got round to downloading these and installing them. No difference from what I already had installed - everything looks exactly the same, and the standalone apps don't work still with errors showing they are still 32-bit.

My assumption is they only updated enough so that users will not encounter installer issues in Catalina :shrug:

Update - for anyone dumb enough to do what I did... If you install the MS-20, and have a link to the old copy... you may want to check that. The MS-20 installed in a subdirectory called MS-20.. the old copy doesn't work. You have to use the MS-20 that is installed under Applications/KORG/KORG Legacy/MS-20 ... Oy. It works at least. The version from the 'About' screen is 1.4.0. The version, if you right-click and select "Get Info" is the correct 1.5.0. Sloppy work by the QA/Korg development team.. but at least it works.

From my MacBook, i went to the id.korg.com link above and downloaded one of the legacy collection synths I have installed on this Mac... the MS-20. The version from the file is old.. "kc_ms20_mac_141.dmg" -- but I went ahead and installed it, on the hopes that Korg just screwed up the version number in the filename. Mistake. Now - I cannot launch the MS-20. It comes up with an error "MS-20FX.component not found." I double checked the way I went to the Korg site... and the version up there for MS-20 is 141. ??? frick

I've managed to upgrade my Legacy Collection and Arp Odyssey but had problems validating the Wavestation and Legacy Cell with Logic. After several attempts with restarts etc. the plugins validated successfully, but I'm not sure why those two plugins had issues when the others were fine?
I've had problems with the Wavestation validating with past updates?

Still, pleased to get those great plugins up and running, though..... please update the GUI size Korg :wink:

I think the requests to update the UI are falling on deaf ears. Most other companies would at the very least make a comment that it’s on their roadmap, etc, but zilch from Korg.

I had hoped to see these updated, but at this point (and with the complete silence on the issues from Korg) I don’t hold out much hope.

Nope... not looking good at the moment.

Is anyone having issues with the latest updates for the Legacy Collection which updated the user interfaces under Catalina?

With no success in trying to get Logic Pro to validate the Audio Units for the updated M1, MonoPoly, MS-20, Polysix & Wavestation.

The VSTs can be found by all the other software manufacturers and load correctly.

I have been back and forth with KORG Support and totally uninstalled the complete collection multiple times, removed all caches and even forced validation via terminal commands, only to be told they have successfully tested them and that they are compatible under Mojave 10.14.6 & Logic Pro X 10.4.8.

Any suggestions/ideas on things to try and troubleshoot would be appreciated! :)
AJ87DJ :phones:

YES . same — Korg Collection update is better for sure — especially resize ability — but MS20, MS20 FX and PolySix refuse to validate or Load under latest Logic Pro X 10.5 — however- so far they all (9 plugins) work fine in latest ABLETON LIVE 10 suite

OSX 10.15 Catalina on MacPro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

they do validate fine here
logic 10.4.8, osx 10.14.6 mojave that is

maybe try a re-validating ?

petedako wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:30 pm YES . same — Korg Collection update is better for sure — especially resize ability — but MS20, MS20 FX and PolySix refuse to validate or Load under latest Logic Pro X 10.5 — however- so far they all (9 plugins) work fine in latest ABLETON LIVE 10 suite

OSX 10.15 Catalina on MacPro
Is this still broken? I've been trying to get this to work all day and nothing works. I have the M1 v1.31, Wavestation v1.31 as well as MDE-FX but they all fail validation under Logic 10.5.1 and Catalina.

Return to “Instruments”