Looking for something like M1 (rompler) as VSTi ... JV1080?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus Purity Ravity R Ravity S

Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:26 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 am
docbot wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:48 pm Sonic Cat’s Purity, best thing around.

The King is Hypersonic 2, But is sadly not available anymore.
Both sounds like a toy.

Get halion sonic or sampletank.
Purity $50, Halion Sonic $249, Sampletank 4 $149 (as shown on sale now).
Cheaper doesn't mean better...
No and more expensive doesn't always mean better either. In this case we have no idea what the budget is so....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 pm
Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:26 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:29 pm
Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:11 am

The King is Hypersonic 2, But is sadly not available anymore.
Both sounds like a toy.

Get halion sonic or sampletank.
Purity $50, Halion Sonic $249, Sampletank 4 $149 (as shown on sale now).
Cheaper doesn't mean better...
No and more expensive doesn't always mean better either. In this case we have no idea what the budget is so....... :wink:
Yeah we don't know what the budget is.
But Purity and Hypersonic aren't the "best thing around" or "king" when you've got much better quality available with the vsts I mentioned.

Remember the adages of "you get what you pay for" and "the cheap often becomes the most expensive".
Consider what needs to be added to each to make them comparable and the time needed in updates, upgrades, and technical support. Unless your time is not valuable to yourself anyway.
Of the three last stated, only HALion has proven itself worthy to me. But I never wasted any time with Purity or Hypersonic as even the sound demos sounded cheap to my ears.
And STank has long proven to be a crap shoot of which machines it will work on and which ones it won't.
And if it's Roland, they'll dump it and move on to something else long before their customers do.

Once I got HALion, I dumped the Korg VSTs and even sold my Motif XS-r.

Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 pm But Purity and Hypersonic aren't the "best thing around"
Someone disagrees with you....it's called an opinion. :wink:
Anyway the OP has not come back so....feck 'em.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:50 pm
Bippo wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 pm But Purity and Hypersonic aren't the "best thing around"
Someone disagrees with you....it's called an opinion. :wink:
You know what the say about opinions :hihi:
Anyway, halion sonic/sampletank have much more realistic and detailed sound library than purity/hypersonic, it's not a matter of opinion, just a fact :phones: .

It's also a fact that halion sonic/sampletank cost considerably more than Purity. But until the OP has the common decency to come back to his own thread and let us know about his budget we can't say what's best for him. Like I said a free SoundFont player and some good fonts would be a free solution.

If he's got an unlimited budget and is serious then yes by all means explore every option.

The OP seems to like the Korg M1 plugin so Purity is in about the same sound class (I own both). Not the most realistic acoustic instruments available but still capable of some pretty impressive sounds.

As for the guy who said Purity is "best around" perhaps he doesn't like "Realistic and detailed" so "better" is relative. But I'm sure he doesn't need me to defend his position. :tu:

I agree, if unrealistic and undetailed is considered "better" then Purity is probably one of the "best around" :tu:

Air Xpand2 is on offer at pluginboutique for just £3.95 ($5.09)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 60-Xpand-2

A high quality 4 part rompler just like the Roland JV1080.

dellboy wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:26 pm Why not just look on ebay for a used JV1080 ?
+1

I have more vst software than you can imagine, but regularly turn to my two JV1080 hardware modules and XP keyboards for fat layers. The 60s/70s expansion, vocal expansion (for pads), original orchestral expansion, and vintage synths expansion are great add ons too.

Bippo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:52 pm I agree, if unrealistic and undetailed is considered "better" then Purity is probably one of the "best around" :tu:
that's actually what I meant, they're the best if you are looking for that 90s rompler sound, which have a very specific sonic signature, sort of clean, direct and slightly artificial. Halion and Sampletank have a different sound imo. Depends what kind of music your producing and style you're after of course..

dellboy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:45 pm Air Xpand2 is on offer at pluginboutique for just £3.95 ($5.09)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 60-Xpand-2

A high quality 4 part rompler just like the Roland JV1080.
Seconded, still using it here and there for some house tracks, more than my remaining hardware romplers: Motif ES8, Korg X5D and M1, I actually prefer the sound of Xpand2 over that of those Korgs - YMMV.

the only other VST i've found comparable to M1 that sounds good but isnt bloated with samples is Sonicat Ravity(s) and Purity
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I wonder if they will ever make a 64-bit version of Ravity?

Sonic Cat Purity.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:50 am I wonder if they will ever make a 64-bit version of Ravity?
write them! the 64 bit purity version was only recently released, if enough people ask for it, they'll probably do it.

Return to “Instruments”