Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I wish there would be a midi to Chord ARP converter. I feel some Chords a still not possible or maybe i'm to dumb. :D
Would be nice to change the notes here by mouse up and down also for more than 1 octave. :)
and we need to hear the tone we set in the arp... even if its just a small sine tone. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:53 pm i think now manuel was driven off :/
dont think anything will change to the CP and the way people see it here. if sales would affect their decision they would already change or offer alternative plans.
I don't think either. Still, if people (paying customers) have to say something about it, they have the right to express their concerns, especially if they are saying that they are not recommending the software or buying expansions anymore.
You don't win new customers with this kind of knee jerk reaction, if someone wasn't going to buy the software they still won't buy it regardless of the protection (and it's actually more likely they would buy it if you don't use third party software, that's also a reason why many bought avenger in the first place).
I'm not aware of any other dev has done this, but all those I know of who got their software cracked haven't changed their copy protection method, or at least they didn't start using third party license managers, or in completely new versions of the program.
Why is it that people keep buying u-he, xfer and khz softwares (among others)? They offer interesting plans like rent to own, and keep their communication at the best, give people who weren't going to pay for their software a reason to buy in, they have a good rep and their products are well placed (youtubers that actually matter make a very good publicity, since people who watch their tutorials get impressed by good sounding products), and so on and on. Avenger isn't even on splice, and there are no testimonials on the website (just for nexus, VMS and sample packs).
Tons of missed opportunities imo.

tapekiller wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:00 pm
dont think anything will change to the CP and the way people see it here. if sales would affect their decision they would already change or offer alternative plans.
I don't think either. Still, if people (paying customers) have to say something about it, they have the right to express their concerns, especially if they are saying that they are not recommending the software or buying expansions anymore.
You don't win new customers with this kind of knee jerk reaction, if someone wasn't going to buy the software they still won't buy it regardless of the protection (and it's actually more likely they would buy it if you don't use third party software, that's also a reason why many bought avenger in the first place).
I'm not aware of any other dev has done this, but all those I know of who got their software cracked haven't changed their copy protection method, or at least they didn't start using third party license managers, or in completely new versions of the program.
Why is it that people keep buying u-he, xfer and khz softwares (among others)? They offer interesting plans like rent to own, and keep their communication at the best, give people who weren't going to pay for their software a reason to buy in, they have a good rep and their products are well placed (youtubers that actually matter make a very good publicity, since people who watch their tutorials get impressed by good sounding products), and so on and on. Avenger isn't even on splice, and there are no testimonials on the website (just for nexus, VMS and sample packs).
Sure i didnt mean i support their decision i mean that money talks.
If ppl would not support=not further buy stuff they would have to get aware why. And also if the unsatisfaction is spread.
So far i dont see that vps would change so it seems the implementation of cm didnt hurt. And new customers dont know the history.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:22 pm
tapekiller wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:00 pm
Sure i didnt mean i support their decision i mean that money talks.
If ppl would not support=not further buy stuff they would have to get aware why. And also if the unsatisfaction is spread.
So far i dont see that vps would change so it seems the implementation of cm didnt hurt. And new customers dont know the history.
I agree, although old customers do, and the opinion of existing customers matters too and I'm not sure if unsatisfied customers make a good publicity.
Even if they know they are buying a synth that uses codemeter now, they also know that at some point if some people manage to get around codemeter and release an illegal copy of avenger, they might have to buy a dongle and change copy protection software again unless an official statement is made about it.
A lot of people bought avenger because it doesn't use a dongle, so that's to keep in mind, and existing customers might have to forfeit new updates if the dongle use actually happens to be used at some point. Just my 2c

msvs wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:51 pm https://youtu.be/jSPp-V8lsFI
hmm, this is declared as private" :(
could/would you change it to public?
or will it be a Xmas surprise-video?

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know how these videos are produced. Real eyecandy. Love to try it myself.

When will this one and Cinematic 3 be availiable on vps-avenger.com?

Stefken wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:39 pm
Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know how these videos are produced. Real eyecandy. Love to try it myself.
the credit is at the end of these video, so search for this cool dudes in the web (haven´t the link at my fingertips, sorry)

The effects are produced in Adobe After Effects or can be done in any VFX application (like Apple Motion) by applying an "audio behaviour" to a parameter (like colour, position etc).
The person who makes these videos employs that method, plus he has access to a very good library of stock footage.
(The vfx can also be done in 'Blender' which is free, but does have a learning curve!)
Last edited by Bansaw on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By the way (and sorry if you have answered it already), are your skins compatible with version 1.5?

RichN wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:54 pm
By the way (and sorry if you have answered it already), are your skins compatible with version 1.5?
They will soon. I'm probably updating to Avenger 1.5 this weekend. Then I'll update my skins to 1.5

msvs wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:23 pm https://youtu.be/pEYTQWCmgag
Great stuff. Instant inspiration for a dark cinematic hybrid orchestral track.

We bought Avenger this week in the xmas sale and are very happy with it. Installing both the software and codemeter went fine on our windows 10 machine. Still no problems today. We will see how future updates will go.

I do agree that the expansion packs are a bit pricey though, but hey don't buy them or wait for sales :)

Return to “Instruments”