Do you listen to synthesizers anymore?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you listen to synthesizer music?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:58 am

I am still interested in hearing someone play a synthesizer.
61%
I mainly listen to samples fed through effects to a beat.
7%
I'm just hear for the drugs and sex.
11%
fish.
20%

Total votes: 54

RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 am Sounds like a nightmare to me. Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music? It's what it is all about, or should be. You go to a product launch to watch people play with technology, you go to a concert to hear music.
I can’t speak for everybody but my eyes are separate to my ears. True they’re connected via the brain but they are able to perform two independent functions. That could just be me though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

She did a 40 minute set on a new Buchla modular
Sounds like a nightmare to me.
Makes sense.
Who would talk about a concert and not mention the music?
..but then, what do you refer to? ;)

I've been to a few modular / live acts - not my thing. Synths need careful mixing to sound right. It's always like "hey, I could do better in my studio".
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 am Then you're not doing it right. My synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
Donald?

PS nice song, but I always cringe when she sings: "the see-ee-son is on the turn."

ariston wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:34 am Then you're not doing it right. My synth music has way more life (and death) than most rock music. The life I can put into a bassline, for example, exceeds anything you'll hear from any rock band's bass player or from an orchestra or even a jazz bassist. It's actually why I love so much synth based music.
Donald?
I will stand up and vouch for Bones! I have listened to his bands stuff. Its good sounding stuff. They know and fully understand the genre they are working in and know what they are doing i that particular genre of music.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Just whatever you do OP, don't make it Kitaro meets the Arturia V collection. Don't make cringe worthy melodies. Make it Suzanne Ciani buchla weird :0)

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:09 pm
Donald?
I will stand up and vouch for Bones! I have listened to his bands stuff. Its good sounding stuff. They know and fully understand the genre they are working in and know what they are doing i that particular genre of music.
Boris?

ariston wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm
Donald?
Boris?
Becker!! I was a legend bitch!

Try to move your eyebrowes like this (0:59):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=le6uFnLwqYU

Forgotten wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:45 am I listen to music. I don’t care if it’s played on Mongolian nose flutes or a Stradivarius, as long as it’s good.
Agreed. I don’t specifically seek out music made in any particular way.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Donald?
Boris?
do not derail threads with hpc material
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:44 pm
Donald?
Boris?
do not derail threads with hpc material
https://youtu.be/mmK_EQWoorM

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”