DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

Xbucket wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:01 am In Ableton it crashes the app when saving Kit Presets. Have created a user folder in the documents folder and it instantly crashes the app. Mac Os 10.12, latest Ableton.
The problem there is ''Mac''.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Xbucket wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:01 am In Ableton it crashes the app when saving Kit Presets. Have created a user folder in the documents folder and it instantly crashes the app. Mac Os 10.12, latest Ableton.
Sorry to hear that! We will of course investigate. Meanwhile, it would help us a lot if you could possibly send us the related macOS crashlog to support[@]sugar-bytes.de.

Best,
Nadine

SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:19 pm Demoing it right now, anyone else not able to load custom files into the resynth section?
viewtopic.php?p=7600710#p7600710

Sugar Bytes wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:22 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Sorry to hear that! We will of course investigate. Meanwhile, it would help us a lot if you could possibly send us the related macOS crashlog to support[@]sugar-bytes.de.

Best,
Nadine

Sent it!

Sugar Bytes wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:10 am -the first update is in the works already, allowing for lower resonator/wavetable base pitch which should solve low end issues with kicks.
have fun!
rico
It would be great if you guys would email customers when you update your plugs. I just checked my account and found that several of my older plugs have been updated since I bought 'em.

+1
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

+1.

I have really enjoyed playing with the demo, The sequencer is nuts and really happy the demo outputs Midi :)

It's doing the same thing that Byome used to do to me though, When I have the GUI open it makes other plugin gui's go a bit whacky.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

c_voltage wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:02 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:19 pm Demoing it right now, anyone else not able to load custom files into the resynth section?
Currently this is a demo limitation, but I also like the idea to make it work in the demo. decision time :)

Sugar Bytes wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:08 am
c_voltage wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:02 pm
Currently this is a demo limitation, but I also like the idea to make it work in the demo. decision time :)
Think about it :wink:

Is drag and drop supported too? Can we drag samples into the wavetable/resynth section directly from our DAW?

I'm still demoing and one thing that's driving me nuts is that click in the resonator that I can't get rid of or control when making a kick drum (except for when I dial down the tone knob, but that completely alters the sound). Well, the velocity controls in the sequencer seem to have an effect on that click, but lowering those controls also lowers the volume, which I don't want.

it's especially problematic for me as that click never seems to sound the same (as if the phase wasn't reset or something between hits). I have the Pitch-Mod at zero, so there shouldn't be any randomization I think? Random variations are useful as long as you can control them, but I just can't get rid of them. And for me, the kick has to sound exactly the same each hit. Always. Obviously I could use samples then, but making a consistent synthesized kick should be possible too I think.

My guess is that I'm missing something obvious. Can anyone shed some light on this?

RichN wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:27 pm ... one thing that's driving me nuts is that click in the resonator ... Can anyone shed some light on this?
“The man who says he can work with the click, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”

“Your click is what your thoughts make it.”

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s click.”

“The man who asks a question about the click is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”

“The journey with a 1000 clicks begins with one click.”

“Choose a click you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

“You are what you click.”

“Looking at small click prevents great affairs from being accomplished.”

“All clicks are the same; only their durations differ.”

“Learn avidly. Question it repeatedly. Analyze it carefully. Then put your click into practice intelligently.”

“We have two clicks, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”

plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 pm
RichN wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:27 pm ... one thing that's driving me nuts is that click in the resonator ... Can anyone shed some light on this?
“The man who says he can work with the click, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”

“The man who asks a question about the click is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”

“Learn avidly. Question it repeatedly. Analyze it carefully. Then put your click into practice intelligently.”

Thank you master. I now realize that I have to embrace it.

RichN wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:07 pm
plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Thank you master. I now realize that I have to embrace it.
I am experimenting with soft exciters though. 1/4 att/dec, like in the other envelopes might give you a bit more control over the nature of your click.

Sugar Bytes wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:17 pm
I am experimenting with soft exciters though. 1/4 att/dec, like in the other envelopes might give you a bit more control over the nature of your click.
Thanks, I'll try that. I have to say though that those clicks only annoy me when I listen to a kick in isolation. Together with other drum sounds it's not really a problem.

Return to “Instruments”