Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

This is what I do all the time when purchasing plugins. I buy them 20 or 30 times so that I never run out of licenses.

And I've just received 7 emails from Arturia back to back that my Pigments is now registered...it always was...WT(a)F?

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:22 am Maybe I'm late to the party but what's up with this? Site says "Free update for all Pigments owners" and then it offers me a $49 upgrade immediately below that (I'm already an owner). Open to the update center and it auto updates my software to v2.0.0747.
I think arturia messed up the marketing. this also confused me earlier in the day. the update is free until jan 7 and then after that, if you didnt upgrade, you have to pay $49 i guess.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I remember trying it previously and being underwhelmed by the sound (thin sounding), and the moving displays pretty nauseating..so based on that, I'll give it a miss I think.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm can you drag and drop samples off your daw into the pigments 2 sampler?
Won't work in Studio One v4 though if you drag from S1 browser.

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:44 am
Vaultnaemsae wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:22 am Maybe I'm late to the party but what's up with this? Site says "Free update for all Pigments owners" and then it offers me a $49 upgrade immediately below that (I'm already an owner). Open to the update center and it auto updates my software to v2.0.0747.
I think arturia messed up the marketing. this also confused me earlier in the day. the update is free until jan 7 and then after that, if you didnt upgrade, you have to pay $49 i guess.
I get update offers for Analog Lab and the Collection but i already purchased and registered it. I think it is a bug in their software or they simple don't care.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

The update is free for all Pigments 1 users without any time limit. The free trial is for people who do not own Pigments.
The offer you see in your account is probably because you are eligible to the offer because you own other Arturia stuff.
Last edited by ke2041 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 am I remember trying it previously and being underwhelmed by the sound (thin sounding), and the moving displays pretty nauseating..so based on that, I'll give it a miss I think.
thin must sound wonderful then if this sounds thin.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:03 am
The update is free for all Pigments 2 users without any time limit. The free trial is for people who do not own Pigments.
The offer you see in your account is probably because you are eligible to the offer because you own other Arturia stuff.
I guess you must mean the update is free for all Pigments (1) users...not Pigments 2. Thanks for clarifying though. Nice one Arturia, Thanks.

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:46 am I guess you must mean the update is free for all Pigments (1) users...not Pigments 2. Thanks for clarifying though. Nice one Arturia, Thanks.
Oups, my bad.

Sounds not wowing me yet but a very generous trial and on features I'm keen to buy but not quite getting it get

Massive X sounded quite different to me

Bought it. Besides its many capabilities, Its granular engine lets me get rid of Quanta.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

enCiphered wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:33 am This is what I do all the time when purchasing plugins. I buy them 20 or 30 times so that I never run out of licenses.
:hihi:

Buckster wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:27 am Sounds not wowing me yet but a very generous trial and on features I'm keen to buy but not quite getting it get

Massive X sounded quite different to me
Then please, have fun with Massive X :party: :tu:

ATS wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:10 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 am I remember trying it previously and being underwhelmed by the sound (thin sounding), and the moving displays pretty nauseating..so based on that, I'll give it a miss I think.
thin must sound wonderful then if this sounds thin.
:lol: Well said :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”