Arturia Pigments 2 (Free Update): Now it's Granular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

neverbeeninariot wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:24 pm This looks like an awesome (free!) update, super happy about unison for the analog engine, and now a sample engine with granular. Sweeeeeeeet. :)
Thanks, Arturia!
how is this a free update for you?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Time flies so fast, P1 was released in last Dec (if I remember correctly) and it also offered about 2 weeks time for users to demo. After 1 year P2 is now in my PC!

Just demoed for 2 mins and I randomly picked some patches (pad / sequence). The CPU meter went max to 3x% for some patches. But more notes pressed will push up to 4x% (PAD -> Amibentware) Average 1x - 2x% which is acceptable to me (my PC intel i7 6700 16G RAM). And I pretty like the sample engine which provide 6 slots (A-F) so that you can pre-load the sample and switch to your taste. Demo in progress ...

Edited: running in Live 10 and based on its CPU reading

Cowby
Last edited by cowby on Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:41 pm how is this a free update for you?
The update is free for Pigments 1 users.

Didn't see this one coming, and as an owner of Pigments 1 it's free so can't beat the price :tu:

nice xmas present for current owners :)

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 pm I just logged in and checked. Its $49 Canuk $'s for me to upgrade from Pig 1 to Pig 2...

The initial offer for Pig 1 was $69 back when they released it.

Will check out tonight.
Arturia have said that it's a free update, might be worth raising a ticket.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

In my mail it says 49 bucks and i got no pigments. Guess i buy it at that price.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Is it backwards compatible? Can it load old Pigments presets?

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 pm I just logged in and checked. Its $49 Canuk $'s for me to upgrade from Pig 1 to Pig 2...

The initial offer for Pig 1 was $69 back when they released it.

Will check out tonight.
Assuming you got Piggy 1 the Arturia Software Center app treats it as just another update. No need to go to the website.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:56 pm nice xmas present for current owners :)
Indeed, I bought Pigments earlier in the year and sidelined it while I was digging into some other synths but I think now it's time I start using it with the new features it could be my main workhorse overtaking Spire

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:05 pm Is it backwards compatible? Can it load old Pigments presets?
It replaced my Pigments 1 so I guess it's backwards compatible.

Non-destructive sequencer - not sure I've seen that before, and something I never thought I needed until now. That's an awesome idea; there's been plenty of times I've wanted to mangle a sequence for a few loops then return. All-in-all looks like a solid update - can wait till some time off work! :clap:

Lovely granular engine! Really impressed and a free upgrade, thanks Arturia.

It looks like there's no NKS yet for the new 2.0 presets.

Arturia site broken?

Probably just overloaded.

Return to “Instruments”