Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:13 pm But Avenger have way more possibilities.
Rapid has different possibilities, not less, no more. Just because we now have a more expansive arp or multiloop mode, it doesn't mean that it will be practical for bread'n'butter sound design and overall usability. Drums? Why would anyone, beside presets makers who cater to people who want to play split sequences, program their drums in avenger when you can't even have more patterns triggered by different keys?
In 1.7 Parawave has even overhauled the whole look of Rapid, provided a much better theme alongside a different font (much more readable, and it proves that taller narrow fonts don't necessarily make a more readable text, especially if that font scaling and aliasing is very bad), which, by Manuel's words, is not going to happen in Avenger. Beside that, a good environment affects the way you work and, just like physical tools, if you're more comfortable using something you'll just work better. Anyone who ever tried rapid can confirm that it feels much smoother and snappier. It fits in a laptop display (which is good, on the contrary of what someone thinks, people also work on laptops sometimes).
You see, there are a lot of pros and cons for both, but unless you consider specific aspects there is no "better" one, just different possibilities.
And if you think in other terms, there is much less to point out about Rapid then there is about Avenger. And as if that's not enough, some criticism might even pass as personal attacks if you aren't too careful with words.

mholloway wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:27 pm
tapekiller wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:41 pm Chill. It's far from the greatest, and even if it's on the right track there are a lot of things that are holding it back from being excellent.
Right now it's basically an editable Nexus, it has potential for actual sound design but it's not a synth that incentivize creativity, but rather preset browsing.
You should seriously consider stepping out of your bubble and considering that just because YOU can't use something creatively doesn't mean nobody else can. For YOU it's a preset engine that doesn't encourage YOU to design complex sounds. But oh man, it's absolutely capable of being a sound design powerhouse. Obviously not for you, you've made that clear. But this bogus assertion that "because I can't use it that way, nobody can" is selfish hyperbole at its worst.
If you haven't met any wall while designing sounds then I'm happy for you.
On the contrary of you, I don't need to be inspired by presets made by someone else, I have my own idea of what I want to achieve, and if a synth I know very well (and in which I actually found issues that have been fixed, or caused additions like pan compensation for unison) doesn't have the capabilities to do so I'm going to say it, no matter how many thin skinned fanboys are going to be triggered by what I say.
The reason why I'm pointing out what it lacks is the cause of making it my most used synth when I design sounds for movies, make sound libraries or just produce music, inevitably makes me incurr in limits that makes my idea not come to live in Avenger, in fact I need to resort to other synths (mostly falcon, or zebra) where I can actually make what I want (even just for stupid reasons like max portamento being just 1s). How dare I say something that doesn't resonate with you. Oh my, a different opinion, how are you ever going to deal with it?
Instead of putting words in my mouth (I never said "nobody" and made it about every user, you did just to make a point) you should improve reading comprehension, maybe that will help interacting with people that maybe don't mean the thing you thought they have meant, and avoid contributing to an already long enough thread of people where posts stroking dev's ego are burying a lot of valid criticism.

By your same reasoning, just because YOU find it to be a capable sound design workstation (I neber said the contrary btw, I just said it's not the best YET in response to someone else) it doesn't mean everyone will agree with you.
How does that sound?

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:12 pm - fixed issue with latency-notification to the daw
- wavetables and shapes from the freebies section (AKWF / Weidner WTs) can now be used again (redownload new version from our website)
I had issues with AKWF wavetables not being detected in many of my patches, thanks a lot for the fix. I had to use another machine where I didn't update yet to bounce the tracks :lol:
I didn't have issues with latency report in S1 v4.5 but I'm glad to see that addressed.

Guys, you still do not get it.

It is not that Avenger uses lot of CPU. The average CPU is quite ok. THE PROBLEM ARE CPU SPIKES WHICH DO NOT BELONG INTO A REALTIME ALGORITHM.. Also happening in v1.54.

It is NOT RELATED TO THE NUMBER OF OSCS IN THE PRESET. It appears exactly on the beginning of every note, for a millisecond or so. Then the CPU usage will be down to normal, EVEN WHILE STILL THE SAME AMOUNT OF OSCS IS PLAYING. It will easily sum up and especially is very bad in combination with any other synths, even if any other synths do not spike. Because once 100% is reached, a dropout will happen, no matter how short the spike was.

So it is not that Avenger "simply uses a lot of CPU". It still is faulty. That is the point of my concern.

I also didn't say that Avenger was a bad synth, or they didn't do a great job. That is ridiculous. I wrote that they are constantly ignoring problems. So now we almost have a half-ripened banana, which ripened at the customers home.

Avenger:
PastedGraphic-2.png
Zebra:
PastedGraphic-3.png
Falcon:
PastedGraphic-6.png
Even Repro 5 doesn't have such peaks, although it is the most accurate circuit modelled VA available:
PastedGraphic-4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the 1.54 update.

tapekiller wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:57 pm
ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:13 pm But Avenger have way more possibilities.
In 1.7 Parawave has even overhauled the whole look of Rapid...
You can thank me later. I gave them the hint to Mikael Eidenberg and Mr. Ruta contacted him after that. ;) I've always said that the old rapid skin was horrible. 8)
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Btw. Mr. msvs... Check out the Portfolio of Mikael. I am 1000% Sure he will give you guys a Skin you will love for ever! ;)
This Guy is an UI-Design Beast!

https://dribbble.com/meidenberg
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:52 pm
tapekiller wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:57 pm
In 1.7 Parawave has even overhauled the whole look of Rapid...
You can thank me later. I gave them the hint to Mikael Eidenberg and Mr. Ruta contacted him after that. ;) I've always said that the old rapid skin was horrible. 8)
That's amazing, and that guy is very talented, and it appears it's the guy who redesigned soundcloud too! Very glad you suggested him to Ruta. The new skin really gave new life to the synth, as I said if a tool is more comfortable to use, imho you work better. This is the kind of behaviour that makes me will to invest more money in a company, and I bet he didn't take your criticism on the UI as a personal attack either lol.
IMHO UI and UX design should be left to (G)UI/UX designers that ALSO are confident with sound design, it's also nice when devs open up more and are closer to their customers (which then become more like a community, look at khz discord channel for example).
Another guy who is VERY good at what he does is Lance Thackeray. There is a discord channel he opened up where many people discuss very plugins UIs and he gives very nice advice to whoever asks for it.

Anyway sorry if I came across as rude or condescending in my previous reply, it wasn't my intention at all, I'm just trying to have an actual discussion.

Another disappointed customer here.

I have invested a lot of money in virtual instruments and sample libraries, and bought Avenger as soon as it was released. I thank Vengeance for the many updates and appreciate your hard work on further development and expanding the synth after the initial release.

Including a mandatory third party copy protection afterwards is not acceptable, because it is not the product I paid for. There are also people who bought the synth because of me recommending it, and now they are pissed and I am one of the targets. This has never happened to me with any other product or manufacturer.

My message to Vengeance: making paying customers pay for piracy is bad business - no matter what excuse. You should respect your customers more than this.

I will continue to use Avenger, but it is more than likely that it will be the last purchase from you.

Demus An wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:41 pm My message to Vengeance: making paying customers pay for piracy is bad business - no matter what excuse. You should respect your customers more than this.
:tu:

Is there a way to get the version number in the plugin? I think it used to be in vman but that's gone now.

e@rs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:49 pm
Demus An wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:41 pm My message to Vengeance: making paying customers pay for piracy is bad business - no matter what excuse. You should respect your customers more than this.

i think now manuel was driven off :/
dont think anything will change to the CP and the way people see it here. if sales would affect their decision they would already change or offer alternative plans.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

1.5.4 update quelled the spikes, good job R...

Soundcity wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 pm 1.5.4 update quelled the spikes, good job R...
Nice, Yeah I just updated from 1.5.2 and it's loading much quicker upon launch, as well as presets load super fast as well. Much snappier. :party:

Return to “Instruments”