Behringer UMC404HD- requires too much power since IOS13 update!?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have a Behringer UMC404HD audio interfaces which I’ve been using with my iPad mini 4 to use as a very portable recording setup. The UMC404HD has been working great but I haven’t used it for a quite a few months.
However, I needed to use it this past few days and for some reason I keep getting “Cannot use accessory - this accessory requires too much power”!? I have an official apple powered USB adapter which I’ve been using fine:-

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/M ... ra-adapter

The only thing that I can think of that has changed is the IOS has been upgraded from ios12 to ios13.

Any ideas why the UMC404HD now requires too much power?

Maybe it always required too much power, and Apple has now restricted it in iOS13?

Because. Apple.

Hilarious that a class-compliant audio interface, plugged into 110/220 V outlet has "no power" when plugged into an iPhone/Pad.

I guess they want you to buy their official 39.99 cable (which costs them 34 cents to produce in China)

festeringheap wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:55 am Hilarious that a class-compliant audio interface, plugged into 110/220 V outlet has "no power" when plugged into an iPhone/Pad.

I guess they want you to buy their official 39.99 cable (which costs them 34 cents to produce in China)
I bought the official Apple cable and it still doesn’t work :neutral:

dickiefunk wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:00 am
festeringheap wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:55 am Hilarious that a class-compliant audio interface, plugged into 110/220 V outlet has "no power" when plugged into an iPhone/Pad.

I bought the official Apple cable and it still doesn’t work :neutral:
I'm sorry to hear that. I bought one a while back to use with my interface. It worked one day. And then did not work the next. And then it would work on another day. And not work the next. So I took it back to The Store. Just a pain in the butt.

Did you try rebooting while everything was already plugged in? Or plug stuff in in different orders? That's stuff that I tried to get things to work. (although not reliably enough for me to keep the crappy overpriced official cable)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”