GForce Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just love the sound of Oddity. Has that fuzzy fragile sound with nasal resonant filters. Perfect pad synth just like CS-80V. I think I'm just generally a fan of anything Ohm Force developed, they just seem to nail a certain character.
I think Imposcar sounds pretty generic and "dead", but poly AT is a rarity and is really well implemented.

ImpOscar2 sounds like the real deal. I think Oddity 2 takes more liberties than the original hardware but is a nice variation from the Korg offering. I have both, and I love the sound of both, but I think they sound different...and different than the Arturia offering (which is a little different anyway).

BlackWinny wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:20 pm What qualities do you all find in Oddity2 that are not in Korg Odyssey plugin ?

Said another way : Not talking about their common points (they are out of my question) what are their differences ? Mainly in terms of exclusive features on each part, more than in terms of sounds.
X
L
F
O
&
X
A
D
S
R

e@rs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:46 am
BlackWinny wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:20 pm What qualities do you all find in Oddity2 that are not in Korg Odyssey plugin ?

Said another way : Not talking about their common points (they are out of my question) what are their differences ? Mainly in terms of exclusive features on each part, more than in terms of sounds.
X
L
F
O
&
X
A
D
S
R
An add the subosc to that list
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 pm
SYNTH SALE! 3 for £99.99, 2 for £66.66, 1 for £33.33
Hi there,

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.

This unique offer runs until 25th December, 2019.

You ba**ard.
Was just about to order something for the kids for Xmas. Oh well, Xmas will be along next year; they can wait :lol: :wink:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

^ :lol: :tu:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am And add the subosc to that list
I :love: that one! And my subwoofer does too. :hyper: :hyper:

"SYNTH SALE! 3 for £99.99, 2 for £66.66, 1 for £33.33"

Somehow that format implies it gets cheaper the more licenses one buys, but obviously that is not the case. Basically it is simply 33.33 each.

thejonsolo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:15 am ImpOscar2 sounds like the real deal. I think Oddity 2 takes more liberties than the original hardware but is a nice variation from the Korg offering. I have both, and I love the sound of both, but I think they sound different...and different than the Arturia offering (which is a little different anyway).
I’ve only played presets on the older Oddity and the current Korg plugin (the one in the Gadget plugin collection), but I also get the impression that they sound different.

I will likely buy both ImpOSCar2 & Oddity 2. I just wish the GUI was bigger on Oddity.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

AudioAlien wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:41 am
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm Thanks guys, really only needed a slight push over the cliff I was already walking off of. I have Diva which I use regularly and Arturia mini which I use irregularly- err, not at all rather. I've managed discipline w/ mixing & fx plugs for the most part but vsti's I have weakness saying no to still apparently. Idk the scant youtube vids which show off it's sound appeal to me so I'll end up getting it I think.
seriously, at this price, it's well worth it.
you womt be disappointed :tu:
If you could get only 1, which would it be?
id say inposcar has the greatest "range of sounds" however ive always like the weirdness of the oddity and the synth it's based on.

so personally it would be oddity but it does have a distinctive voice. so might not be every bodies cup of char

the monsta might seem a little dated, but it's hard to ignore it really, but ths other two are the bargains at these prices.

ramseysounds wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:02 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 pm
SYNTH SALE! 3 for £99.99, 2 for £66.66, 1 for £33.33
Hi there,

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.

This unique offer runs until 25th December, 2019.

You ba**ard.
Was just about to order something for the kids for Xmas. Oh well, Xmas will be along next year; they can wait :lol: :wink:
just wrap stuff from their rooms.
if you dig right to the bottom of the toybox, its stuff they forgot they had :)

And...

What qualities do you all find in Korg Odyssey plugin that are not in Oddity2 ?

Said another way : what would you reply to someone who already love Oddity2 and wonder if he will buy Korg Odyssey plugin ? And what would you reply to someone who already love Korg Odyssey plugin and wonder if he will buy Oddity2 ?

Thanks !
thejonsolo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:15 am ImpOscar2 sounds like the real deal. I think Oddity 2 takes more liberties than the original hardware but is a nice variation from the Korg offering. I have both, and I love the sound of both, but I think they sound different...and different than the Arturia offering (which is a little different anyway).
e@rs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:46 am X
L
F
O
&
X
A
D
S
R
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:47 am An add the subosc to that list
All three you convinced me.
:tu:

I had bought ImpOscar a few days ago (and I love it) and I'm a long time user of M-Tron Pro, but having already the Korg Odyssey plugin (with its three awesome generations of filters) I was hesitating to take also Oddity. That's why I asked this question.

You all three convinced me.

I can add some other arguments:
  • The protection of Oddity is simply a serial number as usual with GForce. If by misfortune Korg would come to discontinue Korg Odyssey in several years, it will be always possible to use Oddity totally freely as long as the 64-bit environment works.
  • I just saw that Oddity2 has the ability of patch morphing... thing which seems absent in the Korg Odyssey plugin. Being lover of awesome pads I think that it may be another strong argument for me.

EDIT: Bought !
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Think I'm gonna get ImpOscar. My Xmas prezzie to me from me. Unless anybody wants to buy me a gift then who am I to try to stop you :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

BlackWinny wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:01 pm [*]I just saw that Oddity2 has the ability of patch morphing... thing which seems absent in the Korg Odyssey plugin. Being lover of awesome pads I think that it may be another strong argument for me.
[/list]
And what benefit in this if you can't record nor automate this process ? How do you plan to use that feature ? 8)

What a weird question...

Why would I be unable to record or automate this process ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”