Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Tested Korg M1 plugin, standard kit kick drum. It renders on the grid consistently, no jitter at all:

It is very slightly late after the note, but it is consistent.

To me this sounds there might actually be some faults in offline rendering for Roland's plugins, if this is really happening. This is not at all noticeable when playing them live.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:37 pm Tested Korg M1 plugin, standard kit kick drum. It renders on the grid consistently, no jitter at all:

To me this sounds there might actually be some faults in offline rendering for Roland's plugins, if this is really happening. This is not at all noticeable when playing them live.
Consistent is good, problematic are these drifts as shown in my SoundCanvas example in Logic. I will test the Korg M1 as well again. Maybe this is indeed related to macOS or AudioUnit and I mixed up different plug-ins I tested in different plug-in formats. It is not my intention to make false claims of course. But at least in Logic Pro X there are some plug-ins which pretty much aren't on the grid (inconsistent).

outerspacecat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:54 pm Consistent is good, problematic are these drifts as shown in my SoundCanvas example in Logic. I will test the Korg M1 as well again. Maybe this is indeed related to macOS or AudioUnit and I mixed up different plug-ins I tested in different plug-in formats. It is not my intention to make false claims of course. But at least in Logic Pro X there are some plug-ins which pretty much aren't on the grid (inconsistent).
Sound Canvas was a consistent 3ms delay with no early trigger here. You get that just from a single kick via MIDI, on channel 10, with no other MIDI data fed into it? I checked M1, and the standard kit on that is just below 2ms and consistent. Out of curiosity I then checked Polysix which was 0.1ms :) BTW some of that 2ms might even be coming from tiny gaps before the sample recording starts..

PAK wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:25 pm
outerspacecat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:54 pm Consistent is good, problematic are these drifts as shown in my SoundCanvas example in Logic. I will test the Korg M1 as well again. Maybe this is indeed related to macOS or AudioUnit and I mixed up different plug-ins I tested in different plug-in formats. It is not my intention to make false claims of course. But at least in Logic Pro X there are some plug-ins which pretty much aren't on the grid (inconsistent).
Sound Canvas was a consistent 3ms delay with no early trigger here. You get that just from a single kick via MIDI, on channel 10, with no other MIDI data fed into it? I checked M1, and the standard kit on that is just below 2ms and consistent. Out of curiosity I then checked Polysix which was 0.1ms :) BTW some of that 2ms might even be coming from tiny gaps before the sample recording starts..
Yes, one track, opening SoundCanvas, just sending a bunch of 4-to-the-floor c1 notes on channel 10 without any other plug-ins or hardware involved.
I just checked the JV-1080 in Locic Pro X again and the timing is acceptable and has no significantly drift, more ore less a shift between 3 and 5 ms. So I have to withdraw my harsh statements.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:37 pm Tested Korg M1 plugin, standard kit kick drum. It renders on the grid consistently, no jitter at all:

In Logic Pro X I have a slight drift/shift between 2-6 ms with the Korg M1 kick. But yes, it's not as bad as I remembered it.

I just wrote the support regarding these renderings issues with the SoundCanvas. Sorry for my harsh statements regarding the other plug-ins, I didn't want to hijack this thread.

Double post.

Got a favor to ask: can someone with Reaper confirm if the D-50 plugin works for them? I'm on Windows 10, and whenever I load the D-50 plugin in Reaper I get an immediate volume spike (with VST2) or a crash (VST3). Just looking for someone else to check it out to rule out if it's something specific to my system, or another Roland Cloud+Reaper incompatibility (like the TB-303 up until just recently). Thanks in advance!

Yep, D-50 works in Reaper.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:18 pm Yep, D-50 works in Reaper.
:?

Definitely not here. It crashes 100% of the time with both formats. What's interesting is the Windows Event Viewer points to additional errors in the Bonjour Service and Eucon at the same time Reaper crashes. So I think something in that combo is causing issues here. I've tried exiting all Eucon applications, but the crash still happens. Uninstalled and reinstalled the D-50, crash still happens. Used different Reaper compatibility settings: crash still happens. Thanks for reporting back ED!

Bonjour? That's what iLok uses...

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:39 am Bonjour? That's what iLok uses...
Oh that’s good to know. I didn’t know iLok used it too. It’s also used by iTunes and Eucon.

So, does Roland feel the heat from the new Korg Triton Plugin yet? :)

joe_b wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:45 am So, does Roland feel the heat from the new Korg Triton Plugin yet? :)
What heat? Roland Cloud has dozens of classic Roland instruments. It took Korg ages to release * just * the Triton plugin. They’re so far behind it’s just silly.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I am a Roland Subsciber, but:

Sound canvas already done, so no new software
D50 code from boutique
Juno code from boutique
Jx3p code from boutique
Jupiter code from boutique
Sh101 code from boutique
Jv1080 Xv5080, simply romplers
Tb303 code from boutique
Promars, Sh2, system100, Mah...
And the ridicolous fact of the cards become vsts...
Korg has all the card in his vstis!

Roland has only to learn from korg!!!

Return to “Instruments”