Spam or sharing music?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:47 pm Samsam made no mention of religion and actually asked Mushy and me to desist about it. If you want to suspend someone, I'm here.
Just for the record I apologised to the member in question and any posts above were just off the cuff religious comments not at all directed at anybody in particular.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I'm sorry. Can't we just let it go?

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:54 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:47 pm Samsam made no mention of religion and actually asked Mushy and me to desist about it. If you want to suspend someone, I'm here.
Just for the record I apologised to the member in question and any posts above were just off the cuff religious comments not at all directed at anybody in particular.
look, the original post targeted the exact same person as yesterday...we could have revisited this discussion about one thread per member in the cafe but this was targeted at one person and people jumped right on it, plain and simple at the someone who had to defend himself in another thread just yesterday and one thread from this one here in site stuff.

This thread should not been started to begin with, this was obvious this would happen, it did.

Gamma is right, so I am warning all that came in with the anti j stuff...you wont get another warning from this day.

Oh and ftr I will be apologizing Mozex because it seems he is being treated like his music is not welcome here when in fact what is not welcome here is running a member out because some dont like his subject material.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ok, understood.

Apologies to both Mozex and Hink.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hink wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:48 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Hink wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:19 pm it seems some people wont be happy until this new member leaves and frankly I am appalled by it, scratch that...I am sickened by the hatred towards a new member..there was a thread yesterday about it...READ THAT THREAD...dont start another attacking the person because that is what this is...its using this forum for important stuff to attack another member and both threads have been worse than anything he posts...stop starting trouble for the sake of starting trouble and grow up.
I totally agree, and the post that started this was unnecessary. IMO, the comments in the post that were discussing religion could have been reported, and the mods could have made a decision on whether it broke forum rules. End of story.

However, I think it shouldn’t be missed that the member made the “complaining like a bunch of feminists” comment, so on both sides there needs to be a little more understanding and tolerance.
as his comment was in defense of unwarranted attacks I think before being concerned about that I will wait to see if it becomes a pattern. I'm more concerned about a member leaving because he was attacked by bigots.

tbh i also think this "spamming" is a reaction to the previous thread too.
hes probably feeling a little defensive.

again, if people used their time commenting on others tracks, that would be a positive contribution. that deals with the issue by bumping other threads.
simples.

did anyone notice without fanfare, without arguing, without hassles, he did exactly what the gripe was in this thread...he put all his songs in one thread.

Respect thank you Mozex 8)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I didn’t, but have to say it’s cool that he listened and did that.

(Not that I think it was even as issue in the first place)

Hink wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:05 pm did anyone notice without fanfare, without arguing, without hassles, he did exactly what the gripe was in this thread...he put all his songs in one thread.

I did.

It's clear that the majority of users here have no issues with the guy or how he chooses to conduct himself.

Unaspected wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:43 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:05 pm did anyone notice without fanfare, without arguing, without hassles, he did exactly what the gripe was in this thread...he put all his songs in one thread.

I did.

It's clear that the majority of users here have no issues with the guy or how he chooses to conduct himself.
he actually seems like a nice guy.
him and wags didn't get along at all, but in the past few days when wags was on a downer again about his music, mosex went in to offer support. even admitting they'd had differences but still took time to try to make someone feel better :shrug:

actions over labels.

Yep. Shows how judging a person on just one aspect of their life is an incredibly bad idea...

also, as oppose to the two people starting threads, he also comments regularly on the work of others.

i think ive seen chk maybe 3 times and samsam not sure i ever have :shrug:

Mozex seems like a genuinely nice person - something we need a lot more of nowadays. I was shocked when I saw so many of us ganging up on them because of their track name. Please can we go back to being a music forum instead of a politics/ religion one. Also it takes a lot to post your track on a public forum - especially a forum full of musicians - personally I see it as an immensely positive thing if someone has a lot of music and want to share it with us, whether it be in a single thread or multiple.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:02 pm Mozex seems like a genuinely nice person - something we need a lot more of nowadays. I was shocked when I saw so many of us ganging up on them because of their track name. Please can we go back to being a music forum instead of a politics/ religion one. Also it takes a lot to post your track on a public forum - especially a forum full of musicians - personally I see it as an immensely positive thing if someone has a lot of music and want to share it with us, whether it be in a single thread or multiple.
agreed. but i am starting suspect there are some people on here who don't make or know how to play music. they just hang out and heckle all day. just my 2 cents.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Well thankfully it was an over the top and unwarranted reaction from just a couple of posters. Glad to see that most people here are supportive.

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 pm
Kongru wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:02 pm Mozex seems like a genuinely nice person - something we need a lot more of nowadays. I was shocked when I saw so many of us ganging up on them because of their track name. Please can we go back to being a music forum instead of a politics/ religion one. Also it takes a lot to post your track on a public forum - especially a forum full of musicians - personally I see it as an immensely positive thing if someone has a lot of music and want to share it with us, whether it be in a single thread or multiple.
agreed. but i am starting suspect there are some people on here who don't make or know how to play music. they just hang out and heckle all day. just my 2 cents.
I don't have a problem with that either. Better to have users on a forum than not. Also nice to have a range of opinions and some humour just for the sake of fun.

Return to “Site Stuff”