Comparing (cheap) wah plugins OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even though I'm on Reaper and there are wah JS options, none are hitting the mark. So I'm demoing the Hornet and Kuassa WF3607. I like the Hornet interface, especially being able to work the pedal and write midi data easily and simply. I've only spent a little while with both, to be fair to them, but so far am getting along much better with the Kuassa soundwise. I'm not looking for autowah filtering, as I have other options that work for that well, but a good pedal wah. Unfortunately, neither of these will sync to host tempo, which is great to save time over writing automation if in a hurry. Not looking for a whole guitar amp sim suite, just a great wah.

Any other good options for an inexpensive OS X wah aside from these two? Or any Reaper JS plugins that you've been able to get a great wah out of? The closest I've found is the Wahrific by the creator of the great Filther plugin, but I find it closer to an improved JS Wah in that it's too far from plug-in-and-go than the two mentioned (and not just because of the lack of GUI) than the usability of these two. I'd probably get along using either but, for me, the Kuassa seems to need less fiddling to get a good sound and its variety of pedals I'm finding potentially useful. Any opinions of how either of these satisfy in a mix? Or if there's something about the Hornet that I'm missing?

Thanks!
S

If you have any question about our wah pedal just let me know I'll try to answer :D

Saverio

Thank you, Saverio! Am I correct that the Hornet wah doesn't currently sync to host BPM?

spigmu wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:48 pm Thank you, Saverio! Am I correct that the Hornet wah doesn't currently sync to host BPM?
No it doesn't, it has an envelope follower that tracks the peaks of sound in your track (that's a way an auto-wah should work IMHO, any user case for an "lfo" that syncs to host tempo?

Saverio

Return to “Effects”